PDA

View Full Version : FFXI Beta test Sign ups... Good luck!

CrOnO_LiNk
04-13-2003, 06:54 PM
Well, here it is...

http://www.square-enix-usa.com/publicbeta/FFXI/

They just started today I think. Sign up guys, as for me, nah, I got better things to do. I've played a MMORPG before and trust me, it sucks up your time and life.

But for a beta test, damn, I would like to get in, but my time and luck are way off.

You have to enter all of the following including address, name, birthdate, and some more things.

Good luck guys, hope you get picked.

Crono
04-13-2003, 07:03 PM
I signed up yesterday. :) I'll give impressions if I get picked.

CrOnO_LiNk
04-13-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Crono
I signed up yesterday. :) I'll give impressions if I get picked.

Hmmm, did you read the Agreement terms? It says you can't give away any impressions no matter what, but hell, how can they find out? :)

That'll be cool, thanks, even if I won't buy the game. :(

BlueFire
04-13-2003, 08:18 PM
I applied. Whatever happens.. :p

Bond
04-13-2003, 08:23 PM
I moved this thread to The Dungeon since the game is coming out for both the PC and PS2.

Anyway, I signed up for the PC beta. Hopefully I'll get picked so I can unleash my mighty Taru Taru on all of you!

gekko
04-13-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by CrOnO_LiNk
Hmmm, did you read the Agreement terms? It says you can't give away any impressions no matter what, but hell, how can they find out? :)

That's why we have private forums ;)

Ginkasa
04-13-2003, 09:18 PM
Just signed up :D

I won't be picked of course, but whatever.

*shrugs and walks away*

CrOnO_LiNk
04-13-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by gekko
That's why we have private forums ;)

Yep... But what if we have an undercover SquareEnix member in here?

*looks around*

We have a spy in here people........... Ok, no...

Happydude
04-13-2003, 11:58 PM
signed up for PC...hope i get picked :)

Jason1
04-14-2003, 12:48 PM
*sighs*

Its things like this that make the wait until I get a new computer that much harder...But with any luck I'll have a 2.66ghz PC by the end of May.

GamingWorldJoe
04-14-2003, 01:30 PM
Was there a thing about impressions in the Agreement? I read it pretty closely and didn't see anything. Ah well- I won't be picked anyway. One of the questions was are you involved in any kind of media.

Rndm_Perfection
04-14-2003, 03:46 PM
I know how you feel Jason. I can't even say I completely meet half of the requirements, but rather I meet half of all the requirements... :doh:

That and I don't have an NA.

DarkMaster
04-14-2003, 04:26 PM
I read the whole terms of agreement, and I didnt see anything that said you can not share impressions of the beta on the internet, with a magazine, or any other publication.

Either way, I signed up for PS2 beta. I pray that I get picked.

TheGame
04-15-2003, 03:17 AM
Sorry to lower your chances, but I signed up too... chances are I won't be picked, cause I got 56k... buuuut, I still fit the requirements :D

I wonder if they are handing out free HDs with the beta??? That would kick ass.

Bad Religion
04-15-2003, 01:36 PM
i signed up last night, it'll be my first mmorpg if i get picked

DarkMaster
04-15-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by TheGame
Sorry to lower your chances, but I signed up too... chances are I won't be picked, cause I got 56k... buuuut, I still fit the requirements :D

I wonder if they are handing out free HDs with the beta??? That would kick ass.
this isnt a direct quote, but in the terms of agreement, it says that Square Enix will provide all necessary items in order to preform the beta (except for the PS2 game console, the PS2 Network adapter)

Clone_GCC
04-19-2003, 12:15 AM
i was about to sign up until i read you have to be a CAnada or USA resident, nutz!

Darkchrono25
04-19-2003, 08:52 AM
I signed up and i hope that i will be chosen!:rolleyes:
I signed for the windows version...it seems to be cool to have the right to try it before everybody!;) Let's dream!!!!:-o

One Winged Angel
04-19-2003, 09:02 PM
I have a Ps2 Network adapter and a cable modem in my room. Since I have the PS2 in this I signed up for the PS2 one. My computer isn't strong enough anyways.