PDA

View Full Version : Golden Sun: The Lost Age

Ginkasa
04-11-2003, 08:15 PM
The new Golden Sun games comes out in a few days! Unfortunately, I comepletely forgot about until I saw IGN has a review for it. That means that I have no money to buy it :(

Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait until I can afford it...

Here's the review by the way: Golden Sun: The Lost Age Review (http://pocket.ign.com/articles/393/393159p1.html)

Its Insider, of course, so if you don't have it, here's the Closing Comments:

Closing Comments
Even with its already established dialogue and battle quirks, Golden Sun: The Lost Age is still a impressive GBA game, even with its first-generation GBA technology. Camelot made the Golden Sun engine one that would last through the rising expectations as the Game Boy Advance moves on in years, and other RPG designers on the handheld have yet to topple Camelot's original game. The sequel won't offer an entirely new experience on the handheld for players that have already made it through the first game in the series, but its extended storyline and slight additions to the gameplay are more than enough make it an extremely enjoyable (and lengthy) adventure on the Game Boy Advance.
-- Craig Harris

Presentation
If you're looking for an overhaul of the Golden Sun series, stop. It's an extension of the original in storyline, with only a few new elements added to the design. 8.0

Graphics
Just like the original, Camelot really wows with elaborate special effects that push the GBA hardware extremely well. The overworld tiles are rendered brilliantly, too. 10.0

Sound
Though the sequel borrows from the original's library of tunes, you're still not going to find a game that can beat this one when it comes to an epic soundtrack. 10.0

Gameplay
Same issues that occured in the first one, wordy dialog, yes/no questions that go nowhere, and random battle elements are still here. But other than that, great stuff. 9.0

Lasting Appeal
The quest is even longer than the first, and also features the same two player link cable battles. 9.0

OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 9.0

Sounds pretty good :D

Dyne
04-11-2003, 09:27 PM
My... precious! PRECIOUS! COME TO MEE!!!!

Damnit... well, I hope to get some money soon. After the keyboard I have nothing left. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get something for my report card. :sneaky:

CrOnO_LiNk
04-12-2003, 08:43 PM
I was about to make a thread about this. You have no idea how bad I want this game. Guys, buy the game, trust me, a GBA RPG portable is really fun.

I've been on the GameFAQs Golden Sun 2 message board all day dying for the game... Yeah, I beat the first one and loved it.

And I am getting it on Tuesday along with a new GBA:SP.

Is there a commercial for the game..? (I am not talking about that small GS2 scene where they're advertising the GBA:SP, because if Nintendo doesn't make a commercial for the sequel to the most owned GBA game, they are morons, I am sorry, but it's true, Nintendo's weak point is advertising.

CrOnO_LiNk
04-13-2003, 02:47 PM
Sorry for the double post, but you guys have to check this out.

I made this topic on GameFAQs.

Subject is Target stores, wow, what a bunch of....

One word, idiots... Sorry, it's true. Let me show you why.

I pick up the phone to call my nearest Target.

Please wait while we direct you to an operator...

I wait.

Target Guy= TG

Me= Me

TG: Hi thanks for calling Pasadena Target, how may I help you?

Me: Hi, do you guys have Golden Sun 2 for the Game Boy Advance?

TG: One moment please.

ME: Ok, thanks.

TG: What was the name of the game?

Me: Golden Sun 2, or Golden Sun 2: The Lost Age... For the Game Bot Advance.

TG: Ok, one sec.

**... 10 seconds pass**

TG: Yes, we do have it in stock, for the Game Boy Adavance and for the Playstation 2!

Me: Ummm, sir, you got the wrong game, it's not for the Playstation 2, it's only for the Game Boy Adavnce.

TG: Sir, sorry, or machines here don't lie, it's for the Playstation 2.

Me: .............. Well, I'll try to call somewhere else, thank you.

TG: Ok, good bye.

Wow, next time I want a game, I will call a store that actually knows something about video games, like EB or Gamestop....

---
www.tacticsogre.com