PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard for Xbox (Free with PSO)

Bond
04-11-2003, 04:30 PM
It's for real and it's free!

It's been Microsoft's position since day 1: "There will be no keyboard for Xbox." Proof that nothing is ever set in stone. An official Phantasy Star Online keyboard adapter will be available for free with a shipping & handling charge of $6.95 with the launch of PSO on April 15. The offer expires December 31, 2004.

The PSO keyboard adapter will work with any USB-enabled keyboard. For those curious if keyboard functionality will be possible with other Xbox titles, the adapater "is for use exclusively with Phantasy Star Online."

Though the offer is not currently on the site, check back here (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/393/www.xbox.com/pso2/keyboardadapter.htm) on April 15 for the full skinny.
We'll have more on Phantasy Star Online early next week.

Source: IGN (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/393/393241p1.html)

:banana:

TheGame
04-11-2003, 04:32 PM
Why have a keyboard when you can use voice chat?

Professor S
04-11-2003, 04:33 PM
Well I'm not planning on getting PSo anyway, but it is a nice addition for those who are planning on getting one. The bad part is is that it asserts that there will be no voice interaction in the game. That stinks. In all this time you would think that Sega would be able to enable it.

I will not get a MMORPG until one is developed with voice enabled. It makes sense, so why not?

gekko
04-11-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by TheGame
Why have a keyboard when you can use voice chat?

The lobbies can get very packed. And trying to talk to people can be hard. I believe you can only communicate with those closest to you. So if you want to trade, it would be easier just typing it so everyone can see it.

Also, PSO allows you to send mail to players who are online. Text messages, which people will want a keyboard for.

GamingWorldJoe
04-11-2003, 05:06 PM
Now, if only they'd get rid of that fee, I'd be all over it.

Professor S
04-11-2003, 05:29 PM
Gekko, so is voice chat enabled, or just limited?

Dyne
04-11-2003, 05:31 PM
Well you know, Microsoft can afford these kind of things. :p

gekko
04-11-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by The Strangler
Gekko, so is voice chat enabled, or just limited?

From what I know, voice in enabled. It's limited to those near you when in lobbies, because so many people can be in the lobby at once. Good luck seting up a game when 20 people are talking. But in game, you can talk with everyone.

Mechadragon
04-12-2003, 02:23 AM
Now I will pray for a mouse for RtCW.

bobcat
04-12-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Bond

GamingWorldJoe
04-12-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Mechadragon
Now I will pray for a mouse for RtCW.

In our dreams. Besides, sounds like the keyboard will be used only in PSO. I wonder if any other companies will bother adding support?