PDA

View Full Version : Product Number 03

Tombor
04-11-2003, 03:43 PM
Got Product Number 03 this morning.... at work. Game is staring me in the face. :( Will post on it later once I get to play it... Brian get your copy yet?

gekko
04-11-2003, 03:47 PM
Yes, I have mine. Played a little bit of it, mixed feelings.

Edit: Stupid me...

Dyne
04-11-2003, 05:26 PM
Yeah, famitsu didn't give it a very good score. :unsure:

Well, still, it's Capcom... and it's on Gamecube.

bobcat
04-11-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Dyne

Well, still, it's Capcom.... And not a fighting game......

:unsure:

Sorry to edit your post like that ;)

Tombor
04-11-2003, 11:56 PM
What are you talking about the Famitsu score it got a 9,8,7,6 OR 9, 7, 7, 6. Not sure. Know one of them gave it a 9.

So far, I'm 3 levels in, I'm fairly impressed. The graphics are a mixed bag: the Vanessa (sp?) chick is a knock out sports some mind-boggling butt physics and the environments are nice and clean but they're COMPLETELY sterile. Ditto the scores of generic sci-fi-y robot foes that even explode in nice clean ways and quickly vanish from the screen. Gameplay is pretty good beyond the tank controls: side stepping is responisve and useful (for once in an action game), and she's never sluggish feeling. The timed action stuff, sort of like PSO's combo scheme, works pretty well and varies nicely from suit to suit. The specials moves are easy to pull off and are effective.

Still though, the game suffers. Levels are confusing and poorly designed, the architecture is not only samey from level to level (well the first 3 anyway) is EXACTLY the same. The enemies and levels, as before, come off too clean and sterile: void of any character.

Still its fast paced ENOUGH, and the different suits and somewhat refreshing arcade-y approach sans-cutscenes should make a quick run-through sort of game.

Its sort of between average and pretty good. The central character is pretty damn sexy in a marketable sort of way and you get this feeling Mikami's staff was going in the right direction with it, it just didn't go very far. Its basically a slick butt-physics demo trapped in a very average, very samey, action game. Worth a look though on the cheap if you got a freeloader. It does have a pretty kick ass Viewtiful Joe trailer. Can't wait for that one...