PDA

View Full Version : Clingers...

Drunk Hobbit
02-08-2002, 05:43 PM
Don't you find Cube fans to be a bit clingy. When a game is announced for the Cube especially when its exclusive you cling to that game even if it may be bad.

"Yeah! Another game for the Cube!"
"Do we know anything about it?"
"Hell no! But its another game!"

PS2 has hundreds of "crappy" games that if they were exclusive to the Cube would receive major praise.

Your thoughts?

Gamer
02-08-2002, 05:51 PM
Hmm, that sounds kinda true, but not totally, i mean, nobody praised games such as robotron 64 and quest 64, both of which were exclusives, i think..

DeathsHand
02-08-2002, 06:08 PM
Yeah I kinda agree... and I don't hear that from other fans...

Usually sony fans only talk about the major games... like games made by major developers and say like "Hmm looks pretty cool"...

I guess that's just because of the drought of good games :p

GameKinG
02-08-2002, 07:16 PM
Oh yeah, Universal Studios was welcomed with open arms by cube fans...:rolleyes:

Not to mention, Animal Leader.

Yoda9864
02-08-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Danchastu
Don't you find Cube fans to be a bit clingy. When a game is announced for the Cube especially when its exclusive you cling to that game even if it may be bad.

PS2 has hundreds of "crappy" games that if they were exclusive to the Cube would receive major praise.

Your thoughts?
I don't think that's necessarily true, at least not in my case :). True, GC fans get less games than others, but I don't think they cling too games as much as you made it out to be.

bobcat
02-08-2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Danchastu

Your thoughts?

I don't really agree. If the game is good, then it's an exclusive to GC, then yeh fans will be like "mad another GC exclusive".

But if crappy Ps2 games become exclusive to GC, I don't think people will care, including GC or Ps2 fans

Blix
02-09-2002, 12:10 AM
I don't agree. Because that's not what I've seen, anywhere. Except maybe the ign boards, where only morons go.

DeathsHand
02-09-2002, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Nemesis
I don't agree. Because that's not what I've seen, anywhere. Except maybe the ign boards, where only morons go.

What about Rune?

Rune was announced and it was just like one screenshot and a short description, and people were like "Cool. It looks neat" and stuff...

And yet they only saw one screenshot and a small description...

even here people said it :p

of course that's not as direct as "This game rocks!" or "Yes! Another game!" but still ;)

Or how about that retro car combat game? All we knew (at least all I knew of) was that it was a car combat game... and it gets cancelled and people are like "Oh I hope they decide to finish it and release it eventually"... like they were really looking forward to it...

Same goes for Raven Blade, although we might have known a little bit more about that than the other two...

And then of course at IGN (which we already know is full of morons), there's an announcement that there will be 2 new exclusive games... and they have no idea what they will be...

and people are like "Awesome!" and "I can't wait to see what they are! This rocks!" :unsure:

GameKinG
02-09-2002, 02:06 AM
When Rune came out the main feel I though people had was "Her hands are too big and cape is too pointy."

Quite the opposite of "neat"

DeathsHand
02-09-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by GameKinG
When Rune came out the main feel I though people had was "Her hands are too big and cape is too pointy."

Quite the opposite of "neat"

hmm... yes, that's what I thought when I saw that picture... But I could of sworn I heard someone say it looked neat...

although if I did, it was probably gamer... ;)

Blix
02-09-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by DeathsHand

What about Rune?

Rune was announced and it was just like one screenshot and a short description, and people were like "Cool. It looks neat" and stuff...

And yet they only saw one screenshot and a small description...

even here people said it :p

of course that's not as direct as "This game rocks!" or "Yes! Another game!" but still ;)

Or how about that retro car combat game? All we knew (at least all I knew of) was that it was a car combat game... and it gets cancelled and people are like "Oh I hope they decide to finish it and release it eventually"... like they were really looking forward to it...

Same goes for Raven Blade, although we might have known a little bit more about that than the other two...

And then of course at IGN (which we already know is full of morons), there's an announcement that there will be 2 new exclusive games... and they have no idea what they will be...

and people are like "Awesome!" and "I can't wait to see what they are! This rocks!" :unsure:

Well, the car combat game was said to be better than Twisted Metal Black. And by the time it was anounced there was not as many games anounced as there are now. So, if there's not many games it's obvious that a single game can get more attention. Because there really aren't many games. Same goes for Raven Blade. If my memory doesn't fail me, it was the first rpg anounced for the cube. As for Rune you are right there. But still it's the only case I know about. :unsure: So I think that saying they always do that would be unfair IMO. Anyway that's what I've seen. But I always try to evade the stupid forums, so. :unsure:

DeathsHand
02-09-2002, 03:29 PM
"Well, the car combat game was said to be better than Twisted Metal Black."

better than twisted metal black? But we hardly knew anything about the game... how could someone say it would be better than TMB? Especially when TMB is considered like the best car combat game ever or somethin' (I personally didn't like it though... way too fast and with crazy controls)... heh heh heh

Blix
02-09-2002, 04:03 PM
The game was describe by Retro as a "Twisted Metal Black Killer". That's all I mean. They even said they would've liked it to go head to head with TMB, (dates) or something like that.

Angrist
02-09-2002, 04:52 PM
N-fans are just frustrated about the PSX winning from the N64. Every new game is a conformation that the GCN won't be a second N64.

That's my theory, dunno if it's been said before.

Ginkasa
02-09-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Angrist
N-fans are just frustrated about the PSX winning from the N64. Every new game is a conformation that the GCN won't be a second N64.

That's my theory, dunno if it's been said before.

Not necessarily. The GCN could get tons more games than the N64 and be even worse if the games suck so...