PDA

View Full Version : Amazing GRAN TURISMO 4 info

Perfect Stu
04-10-2003, 01:57 PM
From the latest PSW magazine in the Global News section .

The real driving simulator seres has always offered the most comprehensive range of real cars - GT3 amassing over 500 - but that figure looks to be eclipsed by the sequel, which offers a staggering 2,000 real motors. This time around, we can expect to see a large number of convertibles, too - everything from a second hand Mazda MX-5 to a brand new Honda S2000 - all with accurately modelled drivers behind the wheel!

In line with the huge selection of cars, the track count has also been increased to over 100 circuits before any talk of reverse laps. Other features include online play, with players now able to talk to competitors using the telesales headset and, more importantly, compete online against eight rival drivers while gambling away a selection of prized supercars. The possibility of trading mufflers, body kits and racing chips over the net could cause car fans to behave like frenzied playground Pokemon traders.

But perhaps the most ambitious (and judging by your letters and emails, also the most sought after) feature that developer Polyphony is hoping to include is real damage effects for each car, which should mean no more bouncing off boundry walls like a rubber clad Robin Reliant. More details on this very soon.

:eek:

"looks to be"
"we can expect"
If some of that info turns out to be false, I'll bring out the war paint

TheGame
04-10-2003, 04:09 PM
lol, it better all be true... and it i is true, this game is on my must buy list.

Perfect Stu
04-10-2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by TheGame
lol, it better all be true... and it i is true, this game is on my must buy list.

Even if they aim at 2000 cars and 100 tracks and finish with, say, 1200 cars and 60 tracks...that's still amazing.

When you strive for perfection, you're bound to achieve greatness in your pursuit. -similar to something Vince Lombardi said I think :p

Anyway...GT Online + gambling cars/car parts, Used cars (Pontiac GTO...70s Mustangs *drool*) and (at least) a determined attempt to involve real time car damaging. Simply unmatched...

Shiz
04-10-2003, 05:19 PM
i hate gran turismo :( as much as i wanna like it...its way too real...it hard to control the cars, and unless u know exactly what ur doing one wrong move will f*ck you over. like, i spent the whole damn time making a pimped out viper, but in the end it couldnt turn and i wasted a long ass time for nothing...i won alot, but it was stupid lol, i ran into walls and if they werent curved i was automatically out :(

end rant

TheGame
04-10-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Shiz
i hate gran turismo :( as much as i wanna like it...its way too real...it hard to control the cars, and unless u know exactly what ur doing one wrong move will f*ck you over. like, i spent the whole damn time making a pimped out viper, but in the end it couldnt turn and i wasted a long ass time for nothing...i won alot, but it was stupid lol, i ran into walls and if they werent curved i was automatically out :(

end rant

How dd you manage toget licences w/o urning ability? :D

bobcat
04-10-2003, 06:05 PM
I liked it originally, but after a while I've come to the conclusion that racing games suck (for me).

Interesting additions though. Especially the real car damage, I haven't seen that before ;)

Joeiss
04-10-2003, 06:50 PM
Woah... I really enjoyed GT3, untill I did one too many endurance races in a short period of time, then I had to put that game down, lol.

Shiz
04-10-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by TheGame
How dd you manage toget licences w/o urning ability? :D

because the thing went SO damn fast it was easy lol. i pretty much just did circular tracks cause if i bumped off, id just zoom back down...and my speed advantage was so much taht if i lose some speed it wasnt a big deal

Perfect Stu
04-10-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss
Woah... I really enjoyed GT3, untill I did one too many endurance races in a short period of time, then I had to put that game down, lol.

you don't HAVE to do endurance races...unless you want to get 100% (and I'd never have the patience for that).

I loved GT3, and I can't wait for GT4. The best single player racing game ever created (2 player split screen is meh), and with online play...damn

Jonbo298
04-11-2003, 08:22 AM
I'm surprised by what they hope to add. If they manage to get all 2000 cars with real damage, that will be the greatest feat a developer has overcome so far, in my opinion. I've seen in the past where certain companies say no to real damage so the developer just X's them out of the game, or just takes out the real damage. If this game gets tons of appraise, I will force one of my friends to get the game.

Happydude
04-11-2003, 09:40 AM
if this game will be half as good as they say...i'll get a PS2 just for it...

Happydude
04-11-2003, 03:55 PM
so far...i think GT2 was the best though...i think it had more cars then GT3...not sure though, but i liked everything about it...esspecially the liscence part...it had less :p

the series itself is the by far the best car racing series i have ever played.

PureEvil
04-11-2003, 11:14 PM
GT3 was a great, great game. I still play it once in a while. This news sounds cool, but I kind of doubt the damage model thing. There are too many big name manufacturers who don't want to show their high-end cars getting smashed up (Bad for the image, it seems), even if it's just in a video game.

But even if the damage thing doesn't materialize, a huge number of cars and tracks would be great in itself. I much-o look forward to Gran Turismo 4.

Anyone know if they have a rough idea of a release time (even just if it's next year, or the year after...)?

Perfect Stu
04-11-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by PureEvil
GT3 was a great, great game. I still play it once in a while. This news sounds cool, but I kind of doubt the damage model thing. There are too many big name manufacturers who don't want to show their high-end cars getting smashed up (Bad for the image, it seems), even if it's just in a video game.

But even if the damage thing doesn't materialize, a huge number of cars and tracks would be great in itself. I much-o look forward to Gran Turismo 4.

Anyone know if they have a rough idea of a release time (even just if it's next year, or the year after...)?

I dunno...Car manufacturers PAY magazines to print pictures of their cars in magazines. Poly Digital PAYS THEM to have the rights for their cars in one of the best selling videogame franchises of all time. The GT series has actually raised NA awareness of Mitsubishi, which convinced them to bring their cars over to NA. I would let them put in damage...they're paying top dollar, and you're getting huge advertisement.

ZeroCool51
04-12-2003, 01:11 AM
Jonbo why dont you just buy a PS2 and get the game for yourself.

tarakan69
04-12-2003, 03:20 AM
I got 100% in GT3... I spend god knows how much time on that game. This gonna kill me... As long as the game bhas good music I can race forever.

ominub
04-12-2003, 02:35 PM
im most likly going to get the game when it comes out it sounds real good

Jonbo298
04-12-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Duffman
Jonbo why dont you just buy a PS2 and get the game for yourself.

tsk tsk Steve. That sounds like something Jon C. would say. But the truth is, there aren't a lot of PS2 games that interest me all that much. So whats the point of buying a PS2 (which is damn wrong of me in the first place) for just one game?

Stonecutter
04-12-2003, 03:33 PM
Yeah, well, I'm sure the game will be awesome, but 2000 cars is most likely a bull**** number. Sure 2000 when you count every make model year and color.