PDA

View Full Version : Sega GT Goes Online

Bond
04-07-2003, 05:45 PM
It's official, Sega's fantastic racer is coming to Xbox Live.

For almost a year Sega of Japan's official website has listed a Sega GT Online edition as being "in development." However, there was never any official announcement until now. Today, Sega of America confirmed Sega GT Online was coming exclusively for Xbox this fall.

Sega GT Online is essentially the same game as Sega GT 2002, only now it features full Xbox Live functionality. There will also be a bevy of new cars and tracks that can be taken online where gamers will race against up to five other players worldwide.

But perhaps the coolest new Live feature is the ability to bet your own cars and parts online against other racers. In fact, it's so cool we've got a quote about it:

"Sega GT Online takes racing for pink slips to a whole new level. If you think you've got what it takes to be the best, you can put your hard-earned car on the line and square off with thousands of gamers online via Xbox Live. Hey, if you lose big you can always talk trash -- or grovel and beg for your car back."

Sega GT Online is a standalone game and those who own the original Xbox title will need to pick up the new release in order to access the new cars, tracks, and online functionality.
We'll have more on Sega GT Online at E3. Stay tuned.

Source: IGN (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/392/392641p1.html)

The Xbox Live library is surely starting to build... slowly.

gekko
04-07-2003, 05:53 PM
You call this starting to build?

Sega GT 2002 is priced at $9.99 at EBGames, and some of my friends recommended not wasting my money. If this is essentially Sega GT 2002, this is essentially online crap.

Stonecutter
04-07-2003, 06:07 PM
Sega GT 2002 is WELL WORTH 9.99. I'm happy with my purchase and I paid full price.

This "online" stuff is bull**** though. They had better add a lot more than just online play if it's going to be worth coughing up another Grant for it.