PDA

View Full Version : Maximo has potential

Neo
02-08-2002, 01:51 PM
I played the demo today at gamespot. It's kinda fun and it looks nice enough. Though there doesn't seem to be much variety in your attack options. You can slash but that's about it. The weird thing was that the music sounded very familiar. I eventually figured out that it was reminding me of Zelda SNES music. :hmm:

DeathsHand
02-08-2002, 02:28 PM
Yeah, it's getting good reviews (like 8's and 9's) and such...

you can go to blockbuster and rent it, y'know :p They got that little... dealy where they got the game to rent out a month before you could buy it...

Although I dunno if I wanna rent it, cuz when I rent games, I usually don't buy them unless I REALLY REALLY like them (MGS... I was near the end when I bought it... and Silent Hill... I rented it two or three times, beating it like... well... 2 or 3 times... before I bought it, just so I could stop renting it ;) )... and I wanna try to actually own more games than I have for past systems...

So I only rent games I kinda wanna get...

And I also only go to BB when we get a rent one get one free coupon ;)

Anyvace...

I think it looks nice... I heard that Maximo can't grab ledges though... :unsure: hopefully there's not a bunch of crazy jumping around :D

Neo
02-08-2002, 02:38 PM
There seemed to be a lot of jumping in the level I played... The ground kept caving in producing large gaps to be leapt over.

DeathsHand
02-08-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Neo
There seemed to be a lot of jumping in the level I played... The ground kept caving in producing large gaps to be leapt over.

hmm... now that you mention it, I remember seeing some kid playing that level at software etc...

Oh well, hopefully not being able to grab onto ledges doesn't become some big annoying annoyance of grand proportions :D