PDA

View Full Version : Gamecube scores compared week #1

BigJustinW
01-16-2002, 04:58 PM
In a older delete topic, we went over the fact that Ps2 had 95/183 (52%) games to recieve over a 8.0 at the end of 2001... This is all based off of IGN, who many don't agree with. (all the sites are bised anyway)

But I'm giving everybody a clean slate for 2002, and I will try to update this every Wednsday

So far, in 2002 (excluding insider scores) the systems rank like this:

(games over 8.0/All games)

Gamecube: 0/2 (0%) 2 ports, 0 exclusive
X-Box: 1/1 (100%) 1 port, 0 exclusive
Playstation 2: 2/3 (66%) 1 port, 2 exclusive

Make your predictions here on who will be winning by the Summer

Right now the scores are VERY early, so don't get pissy cause GCN is getting killed :p

Make a Percentage guess for the end of the year Ps2 flunked last year, with a 52%, but we are grading on a curve, so it got an A.... and X-Box and GCN's first year won't count.

DeathsHand
01-16-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by BigJustinW
In a older delete topic, we went over the fact that Ps2 had 95/183 (52%) games to recieve over a 8.0 at the end of 2001... This is all based off of IGN, who many don't agree with. (all the sites are bised anyway)

But I'm giving everybody a clean slate for 2002, and I will try to update this every Wednsday

So far, in 2002 (excluding insider scores) the systems rank like this:

(games over 8.0/All games)

Gamecube: 0/2 (0%) 2 ports, 0 exclusive
X-Box: 1/1 (100%) 1 port, 0 exclusive
Playstation 2: 2/3 (66%) 1 port, 2 exclusive

Make your predictions here on who will be winning by the Summer

Right now the scores are VERY early, so don't get pissy cause GCN is getting killed :p

Make a Percentage guess for the end of the year Ps2 flunked last year, with a 52%, but we are grading on a curve, so it got an A.... and X-Box and GCN's first year won't count.

52% isn't bad... Crappy games have always been the majority of the games... I'd say 95 games are very good, although like you said, most people here would disagree...

I think PS2 will be leading by summer, and by the end of 2002 I say either NGC or PS2...

but meh...

Snake
01-16-2002, 05:47 PM
Hmm... I wonder what Courtside will score tonight... :unsure:

Probably low, cause Courtside blows :p Hey that rhymes :)

gekko
01-16-2002, 06:34 PM
GC. Fewer games, but fewer crap. PS2 is done with, so I don't expect it to do too well.

Snake
01-16-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by gekko
GC. Fewer games, but fewer crap. PS2 is done with, so I don't expect it to do too well.

Good point.... Would you rather have 120 titles, and half of them crap? Or say 30, and all of them high quality?

BigJustinW
01-16-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Snake

Good point.... Would you rather have 120 titles, and half of them crap? Or say 30, and all of them high quality?

Well, Gamecube is 0 for 2

and after courtside, it will be 0 for 3... So I hope your point isn't definding Nintendo....

Snake
01-16-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by BigJustinW

Well, Gamecube is 0 for 2

and after courtside, it will be 0 for 3... So I hope your point isn't definding Nintendo....

I would say the thing if it were for X-Box, so no, I am not.

DeathsHand
01-16-2002, 06:55 PM

120... half of them crap... that'd mean 60 good...

would you rather have 60 good games or 30 good games? ;)

BigJustinW
01-16-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by DeathsHand

would you rather have 60 good games or 30 good games? ;) LOL

Agreed, 60, fo shizil

Snake
01-16-2002, 07:07 PM

would you rather have 60 good games or 30 good games? ;)

bastard ;)

BigJustinW
01-16-2002, 07:12 PM

bastard ;)

yes you are ;)

Snake
01-16-2002, 07:16 PM
But you get my point, right?

:Poke:

DeathsHand
01-16-2002, 07:21 PM
But you get my point, right?

is your point...

That you suck at picking out games, so having so many crappy games in the mix is distracting? ;)

Snake
01-16-2002, 07:25 PM

is your point...

That you suck at picking out games, so having so many crappy games in the mix is distracting? ;)

*Looks at games*

Disney, Disney, Disney!!!!! :(

Gamer
01-16-2002, 11:34 PM
What were the two Gamecube games that were chosen for this thing?

Xantar
01-17-2002, 12:57 AM
Should this not be in the Fight Club Forum?

Anyway, I'm predicting the Xbox will win by the beginning of the summer.

All right. Gasp. Go ahead. I just said something good about the Xbox. Let me explain.

If we define the period as beginning this year and ending as soon as June starts, then the GameCube doesn't have as much to offer (to the best of my knowledge). This is not to say that there is nothing. Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness and Star Fox Adventures are all very likely to receive over 8.0, but they are the only games I can think of (the picture may change by E3, but let's not speculate on that stuff). There are third party efforts as well, but for the most part, all those games are going multi-platform. I am therefore ignoring them.

The Xbox has games like Gun Valkyrie, WWF Raw, Blood Omen 2 and maybe Brute Force will get an 8.0 (I say this because the only thing people have talked about are the graphics so far, and as we have learned from Shrek, graphics don't make the game). Those are just first quarter.

The picture will change if we include summer and even Christmas. But I'm not going to get into that because BigJustinW will probably quote me and say something like, "This is only supposed to be up to summer" even though I specifically addressed that issue and wanted to move on...

DeathsHand
01-17-2002, 02:41 AM
PS2:

Maximo
State of Emergency
Blood Omen 2
Virtua Fighter 4
XenoSaga
Medal of Honor: Frontline

those are the games listed in the latest PSM (well, it's nearly a month old now) in the release date thing from Jan - Mar...

some might have been delayed, I dunno... But there is also april, may, and june if you wanna count that which aren't even listed in this issue...

Methinks there are more good PS2 games coming out this year than some people think... :D

Or are you just counting like percentage? Like 50% of PS2 games got an 8 or more? Cuz if you are counting that they I think maybe Xbox...