PDA

View Full Version : How many people here have played Skies of Arcadia?

Glenn the Hero
02-06-2002, 12:25 AM
This is truly, in my opinion, one of the all-time RPG greats, and I think it didn't get the recognition it deserved (maybe the GC and Ps2 versions will rectify this). Who here has played this game all the way through?

Jason1
02-06-2002, 10:58 PM
I, unfortunately, didnt, I heard too many bad things about the random battles....but im sure its a great game.

I did play through Grandia 2...wonderful turn based battle system, the best ever, in my opinion.

Glenn the Hero
02-07-2002, 07:52 PM
Yeah, there were a couple sections where the random battles get nasty. Grandia II though, I fully agree with you. I'm about halfway through, at least I think so... I haven't gotten Tio yet.

BreakABone
02-07-2002, 10:52 PM
Finally someone else who enjoys the mastery that was Skies of Arcadia. Who the heck cares about the random battles when the game was that fun?

The only problem I had with the game was those damn Loopers.. and well actually the fact that the battles weren't that "random" if you listened to your DC

Ginkasa
02-09-2002, 11:54 AM
I, finally, got it about a week ago. I'm on the second disc and I think the game is AWESOME! The battles are a little annoying in places but I've seen worse.

Originally posted by BreakABone
and well actually the fact that the battles weren't that "random" if you listened to your DC

Oh good, its not just my DC....

azazela31
02-22-2002, 11:18 AM
I have a DC, but I didn't get it. I don't know if I should get it now, or wait for the GCN version.

Dammit!! The GCN version might be a straight port, but what if it's not!!

Can't decide.

BreakABone
02-24-2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by azazela31
I have a DC, but I didn't get it. I don't know if I should get it now, or wait for the GCN version.

Dammit!! The GCN version might be a straight port, but what if it's not!!

Can't decide.

The GC version is a straight port, but the DC version is harder to find them a sub atomic atom in a haystack

And Link you probably beat the second disc.. So did you get the little invention that limits the amount of random battles?

Revival
02-24-2002, 11:52 AM
but the DC version is harder to find them a sub atomic atom in a haystack
That would be hard.

A sub atomic particle of a sub orbital would be even harder :p

Ginkasa
02-24-2002, 12:34 PM

The GC version is a straight port, but the DC version is harder to find them a sub atomic atom in a haystack

And Link you probably beat the second disc.. So did you get the little invention that limits the amount of random battles?

1. I found SoA failry easy.

2. What inverntion?

Revival
02-24-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Link1130
2. What inverntion?
That's what I want to know... what invention BAB?

BreakABone
02-24-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Shooter

That's what I want to know... what invention BAB?

Hmm welll

***************Spoilers*****************

When you get the scroll from Yasumuto (Spelling?).. the one that allows your ship to go over and under the clouds.. once you are over/under you can't face random battles..You will see any enemy coming

***************END Spoilers**************

Revival
02-24-2002, 12:58 PM
Ahhh.. thank you :D

Ginkasa
02-24-2002, 06:03 PM
Oh that...

You have to get that....

magus113
03-02-2002, 04:36 PM
I'm not exactly very far in it. I'm still getting the Blue Moon Crystal. Maybe the fact that my DC is at my Grandma's has something to do with it.

I've never played Grandia 2 by the way. Is it good?

I do think that the random battles are a bit annoying too.

Glenn the Hero
03-16-2002, 11:06 PM
Heh, yeah, breakabone is right. The dc whirred with loading noises right before random battles. You could pull up the menu to heal right before one started! Btw, I lost the address to this board, which is why i seemingly dissapeared. I unfortunately have to go offline now, but I WILL be back tomorrow.... with an avatar, maybe....

vstyrt
03-18-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by magus113

I've never played Grandia 2 by the way. Is it good?

Yes

Greatest battle system ever, and no random battles.