PDA

View Full Version : Pissed off with circuit city

Crash
02-05-2003, 02:33 PM
as some of you know, I work at circuit city as a sales councelor. we work off commission too. i have been making real good money there, about $16.00 an hour. now, starting tomorrow we are all going to an hourly rate which sux, because i am going to be cut down to 11.00 an hour. the store's going to turn into best buy!!!

DOWN WITH BEST BUY!

jeepnut
02-05-2003, 02:39 PM
It definitely seems that Circuit City is trying to be Best Buy. Can't blame them though in feeling jealous. Best Buy has been incredibly successful.

GameMaster
02-05-2003, 02:54 PM
Theres no Circuit Citys local here, I've never been to one. I like Best Buy. Maybe it's not an ideal place to work but it sure is a great place to buy. Huge selection, large quanities.

jeepnut
02-05-2003, 03:11 PM
You got that right. I love Best Buy as a store. However, as an employer, they can be rather anal. Well, they know what they expect of their employees and I guess that's more than some places. Of course, it all depends on who your boss is.

Yoda9864
02-05-2003, 03:51 PM
Yeah, it always seems that Circuit City is a little more expensive than Best Buy. I like Best Buy's atmosphere better anyway.

Jason1
02-05-2003, 03:52 PM
While best buy isnt bad, it my local one always seems to be crowded and poorly organized...I love Circuit City...much neater layout...they have these little rooms where you can just sit and relax and watch TV or whatever...and their selection of games and whatnot is just as good as Best Buy's.

jeepnut
02-05-2003, 03:56 PM
My main love for Best Buy is their music selection. More often than not, I can actually find cds I want there. If it's not at Best Buy, then I start going to the record stores. Not to mention, the price is usually right. Rarely do I have to pay more than $13 for a cd at Best Buy.

DimHalo
02-05-2003, 11:33 PM
I am among the poor souls that do not have a Circuit City or a Best Buy near them. I have shopped at both and I am currently more satisfied with Best Buy. Wouldn't know about the employee aspect though.

Seven7
02-06-2003, 01:52 AM
I don't have a best buy near me at moment being a Canadian, however there is a new store being built right beside a rather busy FuturShop for some reason due to open in june...:unsure:

DimHalo
02-06-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Seven7
I don't have a best buy near me at moment being a Canadian, however there is a new store being built right beside a rather busy FuturShop for some reason due to open in june...:unsure:

forgive the stray away from topic, but, what is a FuturShop?

jeepnut
02-06-2003, 09:11 AM
It's one of those Canadian things. We're probably better off not knowing. ;)

Jewels
02-06-2003, 02:16 PM
theres a circut city located in omaha neb, but i've never been to it, but yah um as is sounds there trying to become another best buy THE HELL WITH BEST BUY!@@#$

Seven7
02-07-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by jeepnut
It's one of those Canadian things. We're probably better off not knowing. ;)

heeeeeey what do you mean by that???...:p

actually I meant to say FutureShop, which is a major electronics store that people figure is more upscale to Best Buy in comparsion.