PDA

View Full Version : Genma Omnimusha

Professor S
02-04-2002, 11:20 AM
I just got this game. Its pretty good and looks amazing but I have one major problem with it.

The static camera.

Most of the time that I am fighting I can't see either myself or my enemies. I know that Capcom was going for that whole RE feel to Genma, but it becomes a real problem when you have a sword instead of a gun. I spend half the game trying to keep myself in a good camera angle when fighting, and that really takes away from the gaming experience and keeps it from being immersive IMO. What do you guys think?

Bond
02-04-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by The Strangler
I just got this game. Its pretty good and looks amazing but I have one major problem with it.

The static camera.

Most of the time that I am fighting I can't see either myself or my enemies. I know that Capcom was going for that whole RE feel to Genma, but it becomes a real problem when you have a sword instead of a gun. I spend half the game trying to keep myself in a good camera angle when fighting, and that really takes away from the gaming experience and keeps it from being immersive IMO. What do you guys think?
I feel about the same way you do.

Genma Omnimusha on the Xbox is a lot better than the Playstation 2 version, but it still is far from perfect.

Professor S
02-04-2002, 06:58 PM
Plus the camera angles change too often. I get into a spirited sword fight with a couple monsters, I doing well, the fighting is fast and furious and then the camera angle changes and I'm screwed.

Honestly, its almost enough to make me return the game. If I get frustrated with it one more time to the point that I start swearing again, its going back to EB.

Bond
02-04-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by The Strangler
Plus the camera angles change too often. I get into a spirited sword fight with a couple monsters, I doing well, the fighting is fast and furious and then the camera angle changes and I'm screwed.

Honestly, its almost enough to make me return the game. If I get frustrated with it one more time to the point that I start swearing again, its going back to EB.
Yeah, I agree about the camera angle. Although I do think Genma Omnimusha is more of a rent then a game to actually buy. It's just too short.

Professor S
02-04-2002, 07:32 PM
Yep, I'm going to be returning it.

BTW, EB is running a promotion where if you bring in 2 old X-Box games, they'll give you a new one. Check it out!

bobcat
02-05-2002, 12:28 AM
Never liked Onimusha. Same bosses/monsters, shallow gameplay, "unfinished" feel to it, bad voice acting.

Kinda reminds me of DMC.............hmmm.