PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Super Bowl Commercials

Drunk Hobbit
02-04-2002, 07:49 AM
They were good, not great. My favorite was the Budweisser one with the "How ya doin'" with that cowboy guy. HAHAHAHAhaha ha ha ha *sigh*

Xantar
02-04-2002, 09:55 AM
I thought they were generally terrible. First of all, a lot of them were car commercials which are almost universally bad because they haven't come up with new ideas in years. We also had commercials for medicine and movies. Those are never anything special.

The only commercials I liked were AT&T's "We're meant to life a wireless life" one (although all the previous mLife commercials stank) and the Budweiser one at the bar where a guy is hitting on a girl by repeating the words spoken by his friend.

GameKinG
02-04-2002, 10:20 AM
The Bud commercials were kind this year. The one about wireless connection was kinda disturbing at first (though true) but hey it got your attention...

I didnt like the pepsi ones cause brit. looked ugly and she shouldnt.

Bizzyman
02-04-2002, 10:31 AM
and she couldnt?

i liked the one where the horses were playing football.

Perfect Stu
02-04-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Bizzyman
i liked the one where the horses were playing football.

I agree...

"Nope...they usually go for two."

Classic

Xantar
02-04-2002, 12:54 PM
Oh yeah, the Visa commercial with Michael Johnson racing Jason Sehorn was funny. Then they bring out the horse and the race car.

But I still contend that the commercials were generally very lame.

Ginkasa
02-04-2002, 01:18 PM
I didn't like any of them that much. The one with Michael Johnson was okay. So was the Bud one with the guy hitting on the girl.

Nothing spectacular....

Revival
02-04-2002, 03:50 PM
I loved the commericial for Blockbuster where the Gerbil (Hampster) and Rabbit were dancing..

"Shake what ya momma gave ya!" :D

Jason1
02-04-2002, 03:52 PM
I liked the Britney Spears one...mmmmm.....spears....:boing:

Neo
02-04-2002, 03:53 PM
I thought the gerbil and AT&T commercials were the worst ones. I liked the Budweiser battlebots, where the little fridge used a big-ass hammer to smash the hell out of the other bot.

Revival
02-04-2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Neo
I liked the Budweiser battlebots, where the little fridge used a big-ass hammer to smash the hell out of the other bot.
LMAO! That was funny too.

The gerbil commerical was one of the best ones, IMO. :p

marionette
02-04-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Neo
I thought the gerbil and AT&T commercials were the worst ones. I liked the Budweiser battlebots, where the little fridge used a big-ass hammer to smash the hell out of the other bot.

lol, ya that one was funny. i thought the one w/ the silk sheets and the beer was kinda funny.. but overall i didn't think they were as funny as previous years

Yugi Starwind
02-04-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Neo
That was my favorite! I'm a big fan of battlebots, and to me it was hilarious!

DimHalo
02-04-2002, 04:52 PM
I generally thought the commercials kind of sucked but the Budweiser ones were entertaining. The Blockbuster one was hilarious.

Drunk Hobbit
02-04-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Shooter
I loved the commericial for Blockbuster where the Gerbil (Hampster) and Rabbit were dancing..

"Shake what ya momma gave ya!" :D

Guinea Pig

Revival
02-04-2002, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Danchastu
Guinea Pig
I stand corrected. :D