PDA

View Full Version : Eternal Darkness vs. Star Fox Adventures

Y2Kevbug11
02-03-2002, 11:02 AM
Which one are you guys going to get (if not both)? I'm leaning towards ED, although I may pick up both (I really don't have the time to play both of them, though). So, I was wondering, which one are you more interested in?

BlueFire
02-03-2002, 11:07 AM
I'm planning on getting both, but if I had to choose...Star Fox Adventures..

Revival
02-03-2002, 11:38 AM
Same as BlueFire

Everyone seems to be all hyped up about the release of ED, and it does intrest me, but not as much as Star Fox does :p

Bond
02-03-2002, 11:48 AM
I'll probably get Eternal Darkness, Star Fox Adventure seems a lot like another Nintendo game.

The_Dunadan
02-03-2002, 12:00 PM
ED!

Jason1
02-03-2002, 12:22 PM
Prolly both, but if I dont end up getting both, Ill most likely go with the one with the better reviews.

Revival
02-03-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Bond
I'll probably get Eternal Darkness, Star Fox Adventure seems a lot like another Nintendo game.
Star Fox is a trademark Nintendo game, it's very well known.. I love Star Fox :p

Gamer
02-03-2002, 12:34 PM
I think ill be getting both, as long as the funds dont run dry...

Revival
02-03-2002, 12:53 PM
Money -- the enemy of all gamers (if you run out)
Money -- the best thing to all gamers (if you have some)

C.H
02-03-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Bond
Star Fox Adventure seems a lot like another Nintendo game.

:eek: .........................................................................

REALLY, I HAD NO IDEA.

Jesus, thanx for...erm...clearing me up on that one.

Although if you want to get really technical, it's more another Rare game then anything. Sure it uses a trademark charatcer, and Nintendo has some involvment in the development of the game. But Rare are the key developers behind the game.

GameMaster
02-03-2002, 02:12 PM
Star Fox

Drunk Hobbit
02-03-2002, 02:33 PM
Crazy like a fox!

Ravishing Rick Rude
02-03-2002, 02:55 PM
It's kinda stupid to put them against each other.... they are different types of games..

now if you had said RE vs ED, i wouldn't complain

:D

DeathsHand
02-03-2002, 03:02 PM
star fox adventures and both if ED turns out to be good and not boringness...

Plastic0006
02-03-2002, 03:29 PM
id get starfox cuz ign said its supposed to have zelda like controls and when i watched the movie clips i was suprised by the battle functions.

Snake
02-03-2002, 04:23 PM
Both.. I was planning to get both at launch, but then this this called a delay came along :(

Joeiss
02-03-2002, 04:38 PM
Well, I do not have a GCN, but I plan on renting one when Star Fox Adventures comes out. This game looks really great, and I want to try to expand my likings of games with thise action/adventure/RPG.

Revival
02-03-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss
Well, I do not have a GCN, but I plan on renting one when Star Fox Adventures comes out. This game looks really great, and I want to try to expand my likings of games with thise action/adventure/RPG.
You don't own a GC?

*corsses Joeiss off his list of favorite GT members*

Just kidding.. you're still on there ;)

Snake
02-03-2002, 07:04 PM

What happened to you buying one for real cheap? ;)

Joeiss
02-03-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Snake

What happened to you buying one for real cheap? ;)

Didn't I tell you? Or... I guess I told BreakABone. My friend bought SSB:M and he got hooked to it. :(

Ridley
02-03-2002, 08:36 PM
I'll probably end up with both because I've been eagerly awaiting both these titles for a long time now. I'd say ever since SFA : DP was just Dino Planet and ED was supposed to be released Oct. 31, 2000 :(.

Snake
02-03-2002, 09:23 PM

Didn't I tell you? Or... I guess I told BreakABone. My friend bought SSB:M and he got hooked to it. :(

See what happens when you buy Nintendo's first party games?

Luckily, I didn't fall for their little plan.. ;)

BreakABone
02-03-2002, 10:02 PM

Er actually you did tell me..And before he brought it I told you to tell him to avoid that game at all costs...You should have made him play Universal Studios or something....

Er the only other thing I could tell you.. is a couple of scratches to the game could go a long way..If you get the hint....

As for the subject at hand... I've always been fond of this StarFox games looks really cool and hey you get to beat up dinoes without them fighting back...well don't know if that's been changed since the Cube Club demo but eh

Gambit_X
02-04-2002, 10:30 AM
I want to get both, but ED has my eye for now. And as for it's launch supposed to be being October 31st, 2001, that's when it was going to be coming out on N64. :D

Ridley
02-04-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Gambit_X
And as for it's launch supposed to be being October 31st, 2001, that's when it was going to be coming out on N64. :D

Yeah I know that was when it was coming out for N64, and it was Oct. 31, 2000 by the way.

Ginkasa
02-04-2002, 01:10 PM
I'm getting both at some point, it depends on reviews and such before I know which one I'm getting first.

The_Dunadan
02-04-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Shooter
Money -- the enemy of all gamers (if you run out)
Money -- the best thing to all gamers (if you have some)

so true, so true....

SamosR20
02-04-2002, 10:36 PM
Hey, this is my first post in... uh... a couple months....

but anyway, i'm gonna buy starfox with my b-day money (only a few more weeks). although ed looks good, and there is around 40-50 hours of gameplay (supposedly), i'm more interested in the rpg game genre, although i'll definitly rent ed, maybe buy it if i have the money. hmm, it's always about the money, isn't it? well, hopefully we'll be seeing commercials for these games soon and maybe a few more reviews... hey, has anyone else seen the resident evil movie commercial on tv? it's pretty good. anyway, i'll get starfox asap.

DeathsHand
02-04-2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by SamosR20
i'm more interested in the rpg game genre.

Starfox Adventures? RPG? :confused:

SamosR20
02-04-2002, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by DeathsHand

Starfox Adventures? RPG? :confused:

Whatever! action, adventure, role playing... it's all there. you play as fox mcloud, so it's role playing, there's fighting, so it's action, and you go on an adventure.... so yes, rpg. and adventure. and action... :errr:

Gamer
02-04-2002, 10:55 PM
Hey Samos, nice to hear from ya again!

I think that SF DP could be an RPG, i mean, it is that kind of style isnt it!!!

DeathsHand
02-05-2002, 12:08 AM
"you play as fox mcloud, so it's role"

In MGS, you play as Snake, but that's not a role playing game...

in Soul Reaver you play as Raziel... but it's not a role playing game...

:p

When I think RPG, I think like... Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior, etc etc...

When I think of SFA I think of... zelda... which isn't a role playing game...

well, some people consider Zelda an RPG, although I don't see why they do...

I think it's just because N64 had like no RPGs... so Nintendo fans needed something to call an RPG ;)

SamosR20
02-06-2002, 07:51 PM
actually, i just wasn't really thinking when i wrote rpg, and then i decided to say that it was anyway, and although what i said does make sense, i know, it's not an rpg. i meant to write adventure. but anyway, it'll be good.

LoudHowardZERO
02-06-2002, 10:53 PM
Eternal hardness.. I mean Darkness ;)