PDA

View Full Version : Ftp

Happydude
02-02-2002, 06:23 PM
im having trouble with my FTP thingy at netfirms.com

can anyone tell me about a good FTP site where i can get an account for free please?

gekko
02-02-2002, 07:46 PM
Good FTP site? What you mean? There's no such thing as a good FTP site.

02-02-2002, 08:40 PM
A good FTP program is WS_FTP, either that or lightFXP. They're both fairly good, and WS_FTP is free if you say you're using it for personal use.

PureEvil
02-02-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by ********
A good FTP program is WS_FTP, either that or lightFXP. They're both fairly good, and WS_FTP is free if you say you're using it for personal use.

Heh, I think he's referring to somewhere he can get free hosting with ftp access.

Hypermart.net has a free hosting package(with FTP), but you need a credit card. And, if you're having problems with your netfirms account, just try making a new account. Other than that... I don't know.

There are sites that have lists of free hosting places, by the way. Try a search for "Free hosting" or something at Yahoo! or some other engine.

Happydude
02-02-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by PureEvil

Heh, I think he's referring to somewhere he can get free hosting with ftp access.

errrr...yeah...that's what i wa referring to...can anyone help?:(

Revival
02-03-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by happydude666
errrr...yeah...that's what i wa referring to...can anyone help?:(
NetFirms.com was down for 3 days, but they are back up now. I would know, I have over 5 sites hosted on NetFirms :D

eSmartGuy (http://www.esmartguy.com) is another good one -- BLueFire showed me that site.

And that's basically all I know.

BlueFire
02-03-2002, 11:33 AM
ESmartGuy.com will take you to Esmartstart.com, where you have a choice of choosing where you want your sub site/host. I use ESmartGuy.

Happydude
02-03-2002, 01:18 PM
thx alot guys...i dont have time to test it out yet...but i will soon, hope it works...and if anyone can help me with some HTML stuff my AIM name is happydude6666.

thanx again ppl...

GameMaster
02-03-2002, 02:11 PM
AOL's ftp does the job.

Happydude
02-03-2002, 03:04 PM
AOL's FTP???:confused:

where is it?...can you give me the link please?

GameMaster
02-07-2002, 12:26 AM
Under the tab MY AOL yo

sdtPikachu
02-07-2002, 12:06 PM
Meh... I use SmartFTP... not only is it one of the few free progs which is spyware free (unlike the AOL one), it's got lots of cool functions too... besides Opera, it's the only "download manager" I ever use. Nice program.