PDA

View Full Version : First Matrix screens!

Shadow_Link
01-16-2002, 03:41 PM
They look amazing. Though they only show off the back grounds, you can see the game is coming along very nicely, atleast on the visual front...

http://www.cube-europe.com/graphics/matrix1.jpg
http://www.cube-europe.com/graphics/matrix2.jpg
http://www.cube-europe.com/graphics/matrix3.jpg
http://www.cube-europe.com/graphics/matrix4.jpg
http://www.cube-europe.com/graphics/matrix5.jpg

Reported by Cube-Europe (http://www.cube-europe.com/fullnews.cgi?newsid1011210224,82805,)

I wonder what the character models will look like?

First we find out the game is on its way, now it is time to learn more. ... the first screenshots of the upcoming game for the GameCube: The Matrix!

We have uncovered some interesting shots of what seemed to be in-game backgrounds. If the rest of the game looks even half as good as this, this could be a graphical treat of a gam

DeathsHand
01-16-2002, 03:46 PM
They look nice, but...

1: I thought the games were coming out on XBox?

2: I don't really pay much attention to these shots that only show like the enviornments, cuz it seems like sometimes in the final game they don't end up looking as good as they do in the early screenshots they use to show off what the game could look like...

but if those are actual shots and the games will look like that... they're nice... :D

Shadow_Link
01-16-2002, 03:56 PM
Well, actually the game is coming out on the Gc, why would a Gamecube site report it? :p
It was confirmed quite a while ago actually.

I can understand what you are saying about the screens though. Anyways...

Gamer
01-16-2002, 05:03 PM
Ya, they look pretty sweet, i know i have heard some rumors about it. When is the game slated for release?

Snake
01-16-2002, 05:39 PM
Hmmm.. :unsure: These screens tell almost nothing about the game...

Neo
01-16-2002, 05:48 PM
It's coming out for both systems, but the Xbox version has extra features like the actual actors' voices.

Gambit_X
01-16-2002, 05:57 PM
I hadn't heard about the extra features in the Xbox version, but I knew it was exclusive to it for six months. It would actually make more sense to me if the extra stuff was on the GameCube version, as they have the extra six months to complete it.

I actually thought it was coming to all three systems, but maybe I'm just messed up in the head. :)

Anyway, yeah, the game looks really good, graphically. Good movie. I hope it'll be a good game.

DeathsHand
01-16-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Gambit_X
I hadn't heard about the extra features in the Xbox version, but I knew it was exclusive to it for six months. It would actually make more sense to me if the extra stuff was on the GameCube version, as they have the extra six months to complete it.

I actually thought it was coming to all three systems, but maybe I'm just messed up in the head. :)

Anyway, yeah, the game looks really good, graphically. Good movie. I hope it'll be a good game.

I too thought it was coming out for all three, then I heard the exclusive Xbox stuffs, so I guess that would be the six month thing and that confused me, but what about PS2?

Neo
01-16-2002, 07:31 PM
The extra features are exclusive to the Xbox. The 6 month waiting period before releasing to the other consoles was also part of the deal.

BreakABone
01-16-2002, 08:02 PM
Well I mean look at Neo....

Look at all those baddies....

That game looks hard as hell

I really don't care much for non character pics

BigJustinW
01-16-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Gambit_X

Well... think about the disk space.... I if it uses more than a Gig for voices, I wouldn't want compressed ones on the Cube version

The_Dunadan
01-16-2002, 09:31 PM
those just cutscenes?

thatmariolover
01-17-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by BigJustinW

Well... think about the disk space.... I if it uses more than a Gig for voices, I wouldn't want compressed ones on the Cube version

Why? You wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Reason: There isn't any. It's decompressed on the fly so all you hear is the sound as it was meant to be heard.

Revival
01-17-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by The_Dunadan
those just cutscenes?
They could be, but I don't think so, they look like backgrounds from the real game.

Xantar
01-17-2002, 11:52 AM
Actually, for some reason those backgrounds don't blow me away. The texture work doesn't look that great. Of course, I'm not a techhead, so maybe I'm pulling this out of you know where.

In any case, the backgrounds are aesthetically pleasing, but I don't know how technically impressive they are.

BigJustinW
01-17-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by thatmariolover

Why? You wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Reason: There isn't any. It's decompressed on the fly so all you hear is the sound as it was meant to be heard.

If they want fast load speeds for compressed files, I'm sure the quality will go down a nocth

Look at THPS3.... the Ps2 version has better sound, and the videos in the game are higher quality.

Revival
01-17-2002, 12:20 PM
It seems like they either have to sacrafice sound and quality for very low loading times, or get something faster and quicker than before.. as always ;)

thatmariolover
01-17-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Xantar
Actually, for some reason those backgrounds don't blow me away. The texture work doesn't look that great. Of course, I'm not a techhead, so maybe I'm pulling this out of you know where.

In any case, the backgrounds are aesthetically pleasing, but I don't know how technically impressive they are.

I have to agree with you. The only pics that I see as really looking great are the second and third ones.

The reflection, shadowing, and transparancy are all good on those.

Originally posted by BigJustinW

If they want fast load speeds for compressed files, I'm sure the quality will go down a nocth

Look at THPS3.... the Ps2 version has better sound, and the videos in the game are higher quality.

Where did you hear this? I've played both versions, I honestly see and hear no difference.

The Gamecube decompresses sound on-the-fly; there's no speed lost.

And even if it didn't, how can you be sure that the Matrix would have to be taken a notch down because of it? I mean, you jump all over people because they assume that ED will be improved upon because of a delay, yet you assume stuff like this. Kind of hypocritical don't you think?

Gamer
01-17-2002, 12:50 PM
Who is the game made by?

sdtPikachu
01-19-2002, 01:50 PM
The pics are alright, but if you want a hatchet job, here it is.

Firstly, the environs seem distictly low poly - an awful lot of perfectly flat walls.

Texture work is OK - but these textures are repeated all over the place, instead of different textures of the same type on things.

Poor shadowing

No bump mapping visible; overall look (especially to the stone/concrete walls is that they're too clean

azazela31
01-19-2002, 04:51 PM
Enviroments usually are exxagerated and hardly show anthing.

El Gaucho Goof
01-19-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by azazela31
Enviroments usually are exxagerated and hardly show anthing.

Who invited him back?

Argh