PDA

View Full Version : Jak and Daxter

Neo
02-01-2002, 03:50 PM
Good? Bad? Anyone played it?

I got myself a copy not too long ago after seeing all the previews for it. Can't decide if I like it or not. The gameplay's got potential but so far it's been way too easy.

LoudHowardZERO
02-01-2002, 08:43 PM
Looks like crap....

Is it actually good?

Snake
02-02-2002, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by LoudHowardZERO
Looks like crap....

Is it actually good?

Your mom? She is pretty much like she looks like.. crap

Y2Kevbug11
02-02-2002, 11:54 AM
I have it. It's a great platformer. It's depressing though, because it's using 100% of the PS2's power (both vector units) and it still doesn't look like some of the new GCN and Xbox games.

Perfect Stu
02-02-2002, 12:36 PM
I have it, I beat it, and I loved it...

And Final Fantasy X already looks better than Jak and Daxter, Kev...games are going to keep looking BETTER and BETTER...I guaruntee it

Y2Kevbug11
02-02-2002, 03:00 PM
Depends on how you look at it. FFX is technically inferior to Jak and Daxter in many, many ways.

Null
02-02-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Y2Kevbug11
Depends on how you look at it. FFX is technically inferior to Jak and Daxter in many, many ways.

likewise that works the opposite way too.

And not sure what the point of that was. cuz all he said was FFX looks better. which it does. no technical stuff did he mention.

And the PS2 games will continue to get better. If your saying the PS2 is maxed out (not sure if yoru saying that or not) You be wrong.

But if your saying J&D is the most advanced game for the console at the moemnt you might be right.

once again im not sure what your saying. :P

Y2Kevbug11
02-03-2002, 11:00 AM
Well, I mean exactly what it sounds like: although FFX may appear to look better than Jak and Daxter, JandD has many subtle graphic effects happening that FFX just doesn't do. The draw distance, for example, is huge in JandD. If you climb the first mountain, you can see the entire world and every detail on it. FFX doesn't even attempt it. So, while FFX may look better, technically, it's not as impressive or "power" demanding as JandD.

Sigma
02-04-2002, 03:56 PM
yeah FFX does

in the calm lands. You can see the whole area from the right angle.

Y2Kevbug11
02-04-2002, 04:43 PM
You can see out, what, 50-100 yards? In Jak and Daxter you can see the ENTIRE playing world.

Sigma
02-04-2002, 08:17 PM
lol

american system.

metric is the way to go.

I'd say more like a square mile. This of course is from comparing the character's height compared to the world.

Y2Kevbug11
02-06-2002, 04:51 PM
Well, obviously, Square only had to create what you could see, so outside the characters view is a no-brainer (the reason why there are no mirrors to specifically view your butt). Metric, yeah, I know it's better, but I can just visualize it better in yards (since the Calm Lands looks like a football field or two), but in JandD, the whole entire world is visible.

Sigma
02-06-2002, 09:33 PM
man that J&D world must be huge.

I should at least rent that game, if not buy it.