PDA

View Full Version : GameTavern Fantasy Football

Perfect Stu
12-28-2002, 09:12 PM
The season is over, and here are the results

League Champion: -DaCOLTS- (Perfect Stu)
2nd place: Acme Packers (Bond)
3rd place: Chiefists (Jonbo298)
4th place: steelersKillPackers (Jason1)
5th place: The Squad (BigJustinW)
6th place: Cheese Cutters (gekko)

:)

Hope to see some new members for next year. I look forward to it.

Bond
12-28-2002, 09:28 PM
Yeah, good job Stu.

I'll host the league again next year, I'm not sure what service we'll use though. I've heard that yahoo might start charging for public leagues, so we might have to look elsewhere.

Joeiss
12-28-2002, 10:57 PM
poolcrazy.com is really good.

Jason1
12-29-2002, 12:20 AM
Twas fun overall...even though I sucked it up most of the time...

CamFu
01-02-2003, 11:14 AM
Man, sorry I missed this league this year. Had a lot of fun a couple years ago with you guys. I tried to get into it this year, but no luck. With work and field time, I didn't have time to keep up with it. Came in dead last out of 12 people.

Here is just a couple of examples of the luck I had this year with Fantasy Football. I was able to pick up Brian Griese and Tommy Maddox (yes, I like this guy). But you remember when they both went down? What was I supposed to do? Oh, pick up another one... wait, couldn't do that, I was in the field for another two more weeks. By the time I came back, Maddox was playing again and soon so would Griese.

Receivers... ahh, I was proud of myself. I was able to get Randy Moss. I watched how the Vikings were supposed to make him their main receiver getting at least 7 catches a game. So knowing a little bit about football, I thought 7 catches = 100+ yards & 2+ touchdowns. Well, that one fell hard.

My number one pick... and I had the first pick of the draft. That went to Marshall Faulk. In my opinion... the money maker for my team. I figured he was the best all around player in the league. And he still he, but we all saw what the Rams did this year.

And finally for icing on the cake, I saw that Cris Carter came back to the league, he would fill in the gab that Moss feel through. And, well... yeah, that was pointless. (and no, I didn't let Moss go!)

I was never able to really get into Fantasy Football this year. Which I wanted too. I love playing it. Maybe next year, if we can get enough people and we are crazy enough... we might get a pay league going and maybe not.

This was a really bad year for me.