PDA

View Full Version : First FF12 media

DarkMaster
12-26-2002, 08:41 PM
http://www.gameforms.com/games/ps2/ff12/media/media1/01.jpg
http://www.gameforms.com/games/ps2/ff12/media/media1/02.jpg

EDIT: here's some info

Announced recently were some returning faces in the development staff for Final Fantasy XII. Character design and 3D map designer will be Akihiko Yoshida, whose previous work includes character designs in Final Fantasy Tactics, Vagrant Story, and the Ogre Battle series. Art and direction is under Hideo Minaba, returning from the same position in Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Final Fantasy V, and Final Fantasy IX. The director will be Jun Akiyama, who also worked for Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy Tactics.

Also, you may discover a connection between Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and FFXII. It is said that some secrets or map areas in FFXII could be found while playing FFTA for the GBA. No details are known yet.

Source: QUITER

not too much info yet, but it looks pretty cool so far

Shadow_Link
12-26-2002, 08:50 PM
That's some very, very nice art work.

The top part of the first image reminds me of Vienna and London, whereas the bottom part reminds me of the innards of Vennice.

I hope some of the environments in the game looks like that. :eek:

Don't you find it interesting how it mentions a connection between FFTA for GBA and FFXII... I don't possibly know how that would work.

Happydude
12-26-2002, 09:01 PM
pfft..i hear dabout FFXII about 2-3 years ago on www.ffonline.com (delete if considered advertising) they had a pole about wether or not you would be getting it...so meh...not big news, but the graphics are amazing...or the picture is anyway :p

DarkMaster
12-26-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by happydude666
pfft..i hear dabout FFXII about 2-3 years ago
well yeah, we all knew it was coming eventually

Shiz
12-26-2002, 10:02 PM
umm so ur saying it'll be out for GC?i doubt it :\

DeathsHand
12-26-2002, 10:13 PM
Whoa that artworkness looks neat... It doesn't look quite like any other FF game setting... least to me it doesn't :p

And who says it'll be out for NGC, shiz? :unsure:

Shiz
12-26-2002, 10:25 PM
err- didnt he say that there could be a possible link type thing with the gba

"Also, you may discover a connection between Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and FFXII. It is said that some secrets or map areas in FFXII could be found while playing FFTA for the GBA. No details are known yet. "

DeathsHand
12-26-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Shiz
err- didnt he say that there could be a possible link type thing with the gba

"Also, you may discover a connection between Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and FFXII. It is said that some secrets or map areas in FFXII could be found while playing FFTA for the GBA. No details are known yet. "

Yeah but that doesn't mean NGC/GBA connectivity-ness... I think... :unsure:

It could just be like... some areas in FFTA... are also in FFXII... or something... I dunno :unsure:

"Also, you may discover a connection between Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and FFXII. It is said that some secrets or map areas in FFXII could be found while playing FFTA for the GBA. No details are known yet."

To me, the way it's worded makes it sound like the two games are connected storyline/area-wise... area as in like same world... Not like connect the GBA to the NGC and you get secret areas and such...

Null
12-26-2002, 11:13 PM
i thought he was talking about FF:CC with GBA at first. we know bout that one.

wouldnt surprise me if FFXII came out on GC also.

but i dunno what the hell he was talking about

CrOnO_LiNk
12-27-2002, 01:27 AM
Yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Final Fantasy...! :)

Angrist
12-27-2002, 04:33 AM
Hmm... sounds good. But those main characters... :green: They're ugly fat Japanese! :unsure:

Hmm... would Nintendo allow a link between PS2 and AGB??? They should 'force' them to release it on the Cube too!!

BTW this one isn't a MMORPG is it??

DarkMaster
12-27-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Angrist
Hmm... sounds good. But those main characters... :green: They're ugly fat Japanese! :unsure: you were just joking right? cuz anyone can obviously see that those japanese guys are some of the main developers for the game, not game characters....

Angrist
12-27-2002, 11:11 AM
Ah, that's good. They didn't look like FF characters anyway. :unsure:

BlueFire
12-27-2002, 01:36 PM
That's pretty cool.... too bad we know more about this than the next Chrono game.. :unsure:

Happydude
12-27-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by BLueFire
That's pretty cool.... too bad we know more about this than the next Chrono game.. :unsure: :lol:

true...but i like the FF series more...even though they are almost the same thing, like gameplay and the such...but yeah, it's still cool

Crono
12-29-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by happydude666
:lol:

true...but i like the FF series more...even though they are almost the same thing, like gameplay and the such...but yeah, it's still cool

They are completely different. CT and CC have a MUCH better sotry, and the battle system is totally different, at least in CC anyway. So please, don't disgrace the Chrono series. ;)

Yeah, I just made a thread about this but I didnt know it was already made cuz it was half way down the page, so meh.

DarkMaster
12-29-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Crono
[B]They are completely different. CT and CC have a MUCH better sotry, and the battle system is totally different, at least in CC anyway. So please, don't disgrace the Chrono series. ;)
i think he meant that all the FF games seem to be the same thing, not like FF and chrono series are the same. meh