What XBOX games did you get for X-mas?

I got:

Shenmue 2
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Splinter Cell

List the ones you got.

Stonecutter
12-25-2002, 09:55 PM
I actually didn't get any games, but I got enough cash for 4 games.

I'm thinking

Mechassault
NHL2k3
Deathrow
Crimson Sea

Yes, I put that in the christmas thread too, sue me.

Any suggestions on game choices would be welcome.

Bond
12-25-2002, 10:34 PM
MechAssault
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Medal of Honor: Frontline

All are great.

Dyne
12-26-2002, 01:26 AM
Glad you asked.

Splinter Cell
James Bond: Nightfire (some real HOT menus here, folks. ;))

All in all, those were only the Xbox games. ;)

Happydude
12-26-2002, 02:33 AM
i got:

nothing
nothing
nothing
nothing
nothing
nothing
nothing

ohh and i got...umm...what's it called again...ohh yeah...NOTHING!!! :(

DenisTheDuDe
12-26-2002, 09:57 AM
OMG.......Even Artem got more then me....:(

Tombor
12-27-2002, 09:38 AM
All I got was...

Otogi
Panzer Dragoon Orta
NCAA 2k3 Basketball

Deathrow is really good. Its a lot of fun and there are a lot of unlockables. My friend picked up Crimson Sea. It seems pretty good but I don't know... the game uses "radical" and "dude" a lot in the translation. It does seem to play cool. A lot more like Mystic Heroes than Dynasty Warriors. If you got Live I'd actually recommend Unreal Championship over MechAssault. It seems to be better online experience. I watched my friend play some MechAssault it was more or less a disaster because no one new how to play a ****ing online game or something...

Stonecutter
12-27-2002, 03:26 PM
Well, I picked up crimson sea, deathrow and mech assault today at eb. I'm off to play, I'll give some impressions if anyone wants them later.

tarakan69
12-27-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Stonecutter
Well, I picked up crimson sea, deathrow and mech assault today at eb. I'm off to play, I'll give some impressions if anyone wants them later.

IMO you should have really gotten Sega GT 2002 if your a racing sim fan. GREAT game IMO. Should be in every XBox gamer's collection.

Also your collection is missing Jet Set Radio Future!! IMO it's THE BEST game on the Xbox. Rent it before... it's love or hate it game.

Stonecutter
12-27-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by tarakan69
IMO you should have really gotten Sega GT 2002 if your a racing sim fan. GREAT game IMO. Should be in every XBox gamer's collection.

Also your collection is missing Jet Set Radio Future!! IMO it's THE BEST game on the Xbox. Rent it before... it's love or hate it game.

actually.... I already have both of those games.

Stonecutter
12-27-2002, 08:12 PM
Deathrow:

Wow, what a fantastic game. I had played the oxm demo but you really can't tell just how good this game is until you play the retail version.

When you fire it up, the first thought you get is "This is why I own an xbox." Great graphics, great sound. It's really violent and quite profane. It's the kind of game that seems like it will get old in about 10 minutes when you get tired of the swearing and the violence but the gameplay is so sound this never happens.

I can't believe how good the game looks. Smooth anamation, fantastic textures and some of the best lighting I've ever seen.

Gamplay is simple but fun. It's kind of like hockey, with a frissby, and a good amound of UFC thrown in. Two teams, 4 on 4, for 4 quarters. You win either by scoring the most goals, or knocking all 4 of the other players out in the same round.

I can tell you all of the games features, but there really isn't any way to describe how fun this game is. You have to play it yourself.

If you dont already have it, buy it now.

Perfect Stu
12-27-2002, 10:48 PM
I got Splinter Cell....haven't played it yet, but I will this weekend

tarakan69
12-28-2002, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Perfect Stu
I got Splinter Cell....haven't played it yet, but I will this weekend

VERY overated game... I passed the first 2 levels got to the oil rig (level 3) and f@ck it. To much acrobatics... it seemed more like a Tomb Raider game. Not even close to Metal Gear Solid.