PDA

View Full Version : Can it be done?

BigJustinW
02-01-2002, 12:41 PM
Today, my cousin hit me with an interesting proposal... for $200 per month, he wanted me to be his personal trainer.

He is a sophmore in High School, he is 6'1" 280lbs (but he looks like he's about 230-250lbs) and he has a 47" waiste (at the belly button)

His bench press workout weight are the same... 135lbs (one plate)

He said that he wil make me his personal trainer for $200 per month, and if he doesn't reach his goal by the end of June, I have to pay 50% of it back.

5 full months, $1000 total, but if he's not at his goal, $500 total.

The question you must be thinking right now is... what is his goal?

He said...

Weight: 240lbs
Waiste: 36"
Bench: 225lbs
Squat: 225lbs

So the question... can it be done?

Perfect Stu
02-01-2002, 01:02 PM
he has a 47" waist, is 6'1", and is only 280 pounds (which is still a lot)???

Hell, I'm 6'2", have a 36" waist and 215 pounds...I'm kinda chunky, but most of it is muscle...

:hmm:

His waist is a foot bigger than mine, about my height, but only weighs 65 pounds more (I realize that's a lot, but not with the 11" waist difference)...

meh, I guess this was a pointless post...later

Xantar
02-01-2002, 01:52 PM
All I can say is that his body weight index is about 36. At least I think I did the math right. I multiplied his weight by 700 and divided by the square of his height in inches. Supposedly a BWI of 28 is perfect.

Of course, it's different for a lot of people. There are some obese people who are actually fitter than thin people because they exercise. But they still don't lose weight because of something in their metabolism or something like that.

Wait a second...that would make my own BWI 21. I'm not chunky or anything, but I'm also definitely not thin.

Okay, this was another pointless post. Maybe if you figured out how to do the body weight index correctly, you can see if it can be done.

By the way, are you planning on taking the job? You could lose 50% of it if he doesn't reach his goal, but you'll still get a good $500 out of it.

Revival
02-01-2002, 02:06 PM
Hey! At least you can get some money out of it. Just try your hardest.. and if you can get him to what he wants, then you can get a cool grand. Even if you don't.. you get 500 bucks.. not too shabby.

Edit: Yeah.. Xantar said the same point I did.. I was typing this while he posted his.

Kitana85
02-01-2002, 02:44 PM
It sounds great...the money sounds really good... but it also sounds like a rather big undertaking. Are you sure you're up for it? Do you realise how much of YOUR time this will take? Do you know what you're going to do? If you do, then this sounds FABULOUS, and you'll make some money either way... but if you're really not sure what you're getting into, think about it before either you or your cousin leaping into this.

Good luck

Happydude
02-01-2002, 02:45 PM
look at it this way...you succed...you get money.
if you dont...you get money...so tell me this...WHY THE F**K ARE YOU THINKING ABOUT THIS??!?!?!!:D

Joeiss
02-01-2002, 03:16 PM
Umm... First of all, it is not YOUR fault if he doesn't reach his goal status. I mean, that is bull$hit. It is his body, so it all comes down to what HE does.

But anyways, I would take the job. $500 is good money, and $1000 is even better. So why not?

I think that he could do this, but it all boils down to what he eats and how often he works out. If he keeps a good pace, he can do it.

Ginkasa
02-01-2002, 04:21 PM
I only have to say what everybody else has:

Even if you can't do it, take the job anyway. $500 is still pretty good.

BigJustinW
02-01-2002, 04:25 PM
See... the thing is, I don't "need" $500... and I don't know if I want to take the extra time out oy scedule.

And I agree with Joeiss... it wouldn't be my fault if he doesn't reach his weight goals.

I'm sure I can get his strenght up to that in no tme at the gym, but I can't be there 24/7 to see how he eats, sleeps, Etc.

I make about 500-600 per month off of my Job... and I make $2000 every 2.5 (school) months for financial aide.

so $100 per mopnth isn't looking very pretty to me, but if I were to get the second $500, It would be worth it.

I guess I have to think more on this, because it comes down to one question, can he do it? If not, why waste the time?

:unsure:

nWoCHRISnWo
02-01-2002, 05:53 PM
You won't get the waist down that much.

gekko
02-01-2002, 05:55 PM
Ya, it all depends what he does in his off time. I saw tell your cousin no on the 50% back part. Tell him you know it can be done, but if he doesn't put forth effort outside the gym, it's his problem, and you still want the money.

Ravishing Rick Rude
02-01-2002, 05:58 PM
i would have to gain 160 lbs to be as big as hoim

:eek:

gekko
02-01-2002, 06:18 PM
My god you're one tiny mo fo.

Ravishing Rick Rude
02-01-2002, 06:19 PM
118 pounds and counting

:D

Joeiss
02-01-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by The Ibrox Fox
118 pounds and counting

:D

Wow... You must be ine skinny f**k. Please do not tell me that you are over 5'9... Because if you are, DAMN that would not be a nice sight to see... Too skinny man.

Ravishing Rick Rude
02-01-2002, 06:31 PM
5'11" and Growing :D

Drunk Hobbit
02-01-2002, 06:31 PM
And I would have to gain 165 pounds to be as big as him.

gekko
02-01-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by The Ibrox Fox
5'11" and Growing :D

Ehh... maybe I can see that. I'm 6'0" 155. But I'm packing on the pounds over winter.

Still, 120? That seems quite low.

LoudHowardZERO
02-01-2002, 08:14 PM
For $200 a month, I think it can ;)

BigJustinW
02-01-2002, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by nWoCHRISnWo
You won't get the waist down that much.

Maybe...

But he has a beer Belly...

So I think inches wouldn't be as hard to lose...

TheGrimReaper
02-01-2002, 11:05 PM
It can be done

fingersman
02-01-2002, 11:54 PM
I gotta agree with Joesis on this one...half of getting strong is what you do in the gym...the other half is what you do out of the gym.

Do you eat right? Do your muscles get enough protein to the build them back up? Do you get enough sleep so the muscles can repair themselves? Do use that stupid get big fast powder crap? or do you use a natural protein powder. Is he willing to push himself or is he just depending on you?

Well either way....

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF HE DOES ALL OF THAT
you still get some sort of money;)..but I guess you would feel better ....I don't call it personal acomplishment or whatever....but you would feel great if you help him reach his goals as well as get the money. So the question is...not if it can be done but if he's wiling to do it.

Drunk Hobbit
02-02-2002, 12:05 AM
If he wants to lose all that weight and become stronger then he won't lose as much weight since muscle weighs more than fat anyway.

GameMaster
02-02-2002, 12:54 AM
Can't the kid do it on his own? Why does he need a trainer? Have some will power :rolleyes: I mean, if someone puts a cheeseburger in front of you and you're full, don't eat it. Money obviously isn't a issue though so I guess it's alright. I'd do it. More than making $500 minimum, you're doing something really nice for your cousin that obviously means a lot to him. It may seem crazy to you but I mean he's willing to pay his cousin, so it must be important to him. I would hope that if I ever needed help my cousin would do it free of charge. It all depends on how much you want to commit.