PDA

View Full Version : The favorite movie shoot out scene thread

C.H
02-01-2002, 10:02 AM
You know what i mean, the kind of scenes where thousands of bullets aren't sent flying throw bodys. Blood and guts are spilled everywhere.

Thats right, now i'm going to present you with 3 great shoot out scenes. I know there are hundreads off them, but if your going to say what you think is a great shoot out scene. Say why, but for the time being. Heres three great movie shoot out scene.

(IF YOU HAVE NOT SCENE THE MOVIE, AND WANT TO, AND YOU DON'T WANT THE FILM RUINED FOR WHEN YOU DO FINALLY WATCH IT. THEN DON'T READ)

SCARFACE

This is the end of the film, where al pachino (i don't know how you spell his name), is watching the security monitors and seeing hundreds of armed men getting to the front of his door (to his office). And he gets out that beastly gun packing a machine gun and grenade launcher in one. Then he blows up his door and kills half of them. And goes out into the hall way and goes mad with his gun. He getting shoot, and then falls down and hides behind a body. While about 7 people down the stairs and shooting the crap out of the balcony. And he eventually gets up and carrys on firing. Eventaully though, he gets killed. I like this because pachino was one guy by himself, and just took lods of them down. Even when he got shoot several times he still didn't stop. He did eventaully, but...well. It kicked arse either way.

LOCK STOCK AND TWO SMOKING BARRELS

I just love this shoot out, because it was just a massive mix up. when those blokes found out that their next door neighbour had stollen there money, and then went in their armed to the teeth in guns ready for them. And the wrong people came in, the black gezzers (theres a bit of british slag, gezzer), also armed to the teeth with guns. And a mass shoot out started, with everyone dead. Apart from the bloke with the money.

MATRIX

How could forget that lobby scene, the slow motion spining. And some serious damage being done to the building. And then, to finish it all off, a big explosion. Classic.

Comments please

Revival
02-01-2002, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by C.H
MATRIX

How could forget that lobby scene, the slow motion spining. And some serious damage being done to the building. And then, to finish it all off, a big explosion. Classic.
Exactly -- best shoot out scene EVER!

Shadow Fox
02-01-2002, 11:06 AM
I'd probably say Boyz in the Hood for being the most realistic shoot-outs...

Then maybe Heat. Al Pacino's shooting street-sweepers, tech's, and 10-gauges in the middle of a busy street in NY. Definately not something you see everyday.

Then there's probably Black Hawk Down, and the daddy of them all, Saving Private Ryan. The D-Day scene was so true-to-life, I damn-near cried at the excellence here. And there's always Platoon, and Set it Off....

gekko
02-01-2002, 03:31 PM
I'd go with Black Hawk Down. Much more shooting than Saving Little Johnny, and less blood. SPR was less of a shoot-out, and more a realistic look at what happens when army units get slaughtered on a beach landing. Black Hawk Down was a much better shooter. Still based on a true story, and who can't love the miniguns on the Blackhawks.

Ravishing Rick Rude
02-01-2002, 03:40 PM
Ronin, in the old stadium

DimHalo
02-01-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by C.H
MATRIX

Definately agree on that one!

Ginkasa
02-01-2002, 04:16 PM
I think The Matrix was the best too. Saving Private Ryan's was good also.

That's all I have to say....

:unsure:

TheGrimReaper
02-01-2002, 05:41 PM
The star wars ones were pretty good

The_Dunadan
02-01-2002, 05:52 PM
ronin was sweet. anybody seen butch cassidy and the sundance kid?

Joeiss
02-01-2002, 06:06 PM
Scarface and Matrix take the cake... But I give an hounorable mention to the last seen in Resevoir Dogs. It is not a long shootout, hell, it lasts only a couple of seconds. But, all of the main characters die. What a way to finish a movie, IMO.

fingersman
02-02-2002, 12:11 AM
Ronin
Matrix
FACE OFF
Saving private ryan ( when they are invading the beach front)

02-03-2002, 06:07 PM
C'mon guys Resevoir Dogs!!!!

Oh and how about National Lampoons Loaded Weapon
"I know what you're thinking, did he fire 398 shots or 399." or something along those lines.

fingersman
02-03-2002, 09:05 PM
EWwwwwwwww Resevoir Dogs sucks. :p j/k

02-03-2002, 09:09 PM
no.................................................

YOU SUCK!!!!:p

Joeiss
02-04-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by ********
C'mon guys Resevoir Dogs!!!!

I already said that!!!! Way to read posts.

;)

fingersman
02-04-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by ********
no.................................................

YOU SUCK!!!!:p
NAWWWWWWWW YOU
SUCCKKKKKKKKKKKK.....worse than anything anyone ever sucked before. :p

Gamer
02-04-2002, 11:05 PM
Defenitely my fav is Matrix! But Saving Private Ryan was a close second.