PDA

View Full Version : IGN Impressions of The Legend of Zelda: WW

bobcat
12-16-2002, 04:09 PM
This part made me want it now...........NOW :mad2:

Quote from IGN....
The evasive attack allowed Link to leap into the air and knock the helmets off of their heads. After that, you could roll around behind them and slash through the threads that held the armor together. This would fully expose them, letting you take them on with more fairness.

Now, there are a few interesting things that happened during fights. First off, all the enemies interact with each other. If they swipe at you and hit another enemy, that enemy will feel the pain. So, you can use that to your advantage at times and cause true mayhem. Secondly, the foes drop their weapons when roughed up enough. This allows you to use the weapon for yourself, but often the much larger size is not worth the increased power because you swing slower. In the case of the Stalfos Knights, you could pick up their giant broad swords. The last and most interesting thing is how the AI evolves. Creatures will often revert to Kung Fu like tactics, and frantically look around the rooms for their weapons. Sometimes they'll even pick up other enemy's weapons -- it's very cool stuff, and the new dynamics make battles downright addictive.

If you wanna read the whole thing http://cube.ign.com/articles/380/380217p1.html

I need to get the US version of this game. I don't think I can wait for the PAL release :(

DarkMaster
12-16-2002, 04:19 PM

i want

Jonbo298
12-16-2002, 04:26 PM
Just another thing making my wait agonizing!:mad2::D:D

Crono
12-16-2002, 04:38 PM
This game sounds and looks sweet. Too bad March 28 seems so far away...

Dyne
12-16-2002, 06:49 PM
*chants to self*

The Master Quest will come February... the Master Quest will... come February. Indeed.

Gee, well... I'm probably not the only one, but I have a lot of games to play after Christmas. Of course I can wait.

Null
12-16-2002, 06:50 PM
*cough*usreleasedateisMARCH*cough*

Dyne
12-16-2002, 07:00 PM
Ahem.... Does URA ZELDA ring a bell? Don't you have any idea what the Master Quest is?

There's every right to look forward to the Master Quest, too. Of course I'll probably play through OoT first and then play Master Quest to feel the differences. Then, once I'm done, I'll work on something else for a while, and then WW will be out before you know it.

Null
12-16-2002, 07:11 PM
yes, your talkin bout the free copies of oot and ura correct? that you get for reserving the game?

im thinking they aint going to give thoes out till start of march, if not actually waiting till the game comes out.

is there an actual date on thoes?

Dyne
12-16-2002, 07:14 PM
Yes, the preorder gift ships February 16th. Mark your Calender. ;)

It isn't just OoT and MQ though... there's apparently demos and the like. It sounds good. <3

Null
12-16-2002, 07:18 PM
whered you reserve yours at?

Dyne
12-16-2002, 07:28 PM
Local EB. I used to reserve at Microplay, but they always come dead last in placing their bids for the first shipments of products. So, down with Microplay, up with EB! ;)

Mushlafa
12-16-2002, 07:38 PM
that actually sounds VERY cool :).. i want

GameMaster
12-17-2002, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by bobcat
I need to get the US version of this game. I don't think I can wait for the PAL release :(

You should definatley import :D

bobcat
12-17-2002, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by GameMaster
You should definatley import :D
I WOULD if Freeloader had come out 2 months ago when it was supposed 2! Instead I get an imported version of ED and SFA. I can't play em coz of Freeloader, so I had to buy the PAL version of ED!

Anyone want to buy a US copy of SFA and ED??

:mad2:

Perfect Stu
12-17-2002, 11:36 AM
Damn, that sounds amazing.

Me want, but can't have :(

ominub
12-17-2002, 01:06 PM
cant wait to play