PDA

View Full Version : The Big N "Nix" the Big E

Ridley
01-31-2002, 09:52 PM
For anyone that watches hockey, no Eric Lindros is not starring in his own game that's being made by Nintendo.....at least not that I know of :unsure:. Anyways IGN has reported today that in Core Magazine Enix, the makers behind the Dragon Quest series, stated that they plan to support GCN with some title(s).

Here's the article :

In an interview translated by Core Magazine, Enix's president Keiji Honda-san explained that the company would be keeping a close eye on Nintendo's next-generation platform and in fact has plans to develop for it.
"We haven't decided whether or not to support Microsoft's Xbox," said Honda-san. "We plan to support the GameCube, specifically what titles and when they'll be released is being determined now. We're letting our producers and the will of the market dictate our development plans."

More as it becomes available.

Here's the link :

http://cube.ign.com/news/41385.html

So what do you guys think? Could it just be a mistranslation by Core? Do you think maybe they might be considering releasing a DW game on GCN or possibly another franchise? Of course right now they said they're only planning to, so in the end GCN could get squat :(.

Ironfoot
01-31-2002, 10:19 PM
Stop thinking on the negitive side of things! I know many companies (rockstar) have decided not to develop for the Cube, but this article is on the president of Enix itself. If he says they'll support the Cube, then they'll support the Cube. Just the thought of bringing Dragon Warrior to the Cube makes me happy, considering that the DW series is the best selling RPG in Japan so far.

Xantar
01-31-2002, 10:44 PM
I wouldn't start gathering up money for that Dragon Quest pre-order yet. That's not the only game Enix makes, you know.

Fortunately, they are a rather high quality developer overall (they did Terranigma, my second favorite adventure game on the SNES after Link to the Past).

So we have two questions: What game is it going to be? And will it come stateside?

fingersman
01-31-2002, 11:19 PM
Woot..Woot..Enix is one of my Favourite developers...yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
WOOT WOOT
This is good news..I hope the rpg it makes comes state side. :D And hope that Ridley's negative thoughts don't some true.

Everyone start thinking positive!!! :D WIsh away the bad vibes...errr yeah :sneaky:

Shadow Fox
01-31-2002, 11:38 PM
The game could be a list of these four:

-Dragon Quest

-Star Ocean 3

-Grandia Xtreme

-CrossGate

BTW, Nintendose.net posted this story first here (http://www.nintendose.com/news/n0049.shtml). It also explains the interview a little better, along with the above mentioned titles, not that it matters....

Angrist
02-01-2002, 03:55 AM
Woot woot? :confused:

Hey! Nice! :D

Ridley
02-01-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Xantar
I wouldn't start gathering up money for that Dragon Quest pre-order yet. That's not the only game Enix makes, you know.

Hehe, you don't have to tell me that's the only game they make ;), but that's what they're mainly known for. Some other games that they've made are:

- Brain Lord (It was an RPG for SNES. I rented it. Thought it was ok)
- EVO (I'm not sure what you can classify this game as but I freaking love this game nonetheless. Going around eating other species so you can evolve your character in any way you choose. Give it a longer neck, bigger body, etc. I think it's more of a cult classic though :unsure: Anyways I love this SNES game.)
- Illusion of Gaia (Pretty good SNES RPG. Not one of my favs, but still pretty good)
- Mischief Makers (Never cared much for this game, but I think it's another one of those sleeper-hit, cult classic type of games for N64.)
- Valkyrie Profile (Seeing as how I don't think I can rent this anywhere where I live, I might end up buying it. I haven't played it, but it's definitely sparked my interest. Anyone ever try it? Is it any good?)

Now guys believe me, I'd love to see them make games for GCN. But until I see the games actually being made, I'm not getting my hopes up :D.

Idiot
02-01-2002, 03:04 PM
A minor note Ridley: It's actually Japanese development house Treasure that developed Mischief Makers, and Enix, I think, were just the publishers. Great game though, no matter who developed it.