PDA

View Full Version : Skies of Arcadia in development for PS2

Perfect Stu
01-31-2002, 05:12 PM
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2844342,00.html

(ignore the Crazy Taxi 3 for XBox part ;))

Joeiss
01-31-2002, 05:48 PM
Sweet! I never got the chance to play this game because I don't have a DC. Isn't this game coming out for GCN too? Or am I mistaken. Oh well, sounds like a cool game, and I will have to read up on it to see if I will buy it for PS2 or not.

Crono
01-31-2002, 05:55 PM
This was actually announced a long time ago. And yes, it's also coming out for GameCube.

SoA is a really good traditional rpg, cool characters, and good storyline. (Its about a guy named Vyse who steals from the rich, which eventually leads into bigger things). I never owned it for DC, but I did play it a few times and it was fun, so I'll probably get it.

Shadow Fox
02-01-2002, 02:03 PM
Not that it anything to do with this thread, but Star Ocean 3 and Grandia Extreme are slated for PS2 in spring overseas.

Rumor has it that Star Ocean 3 will also be the game to make it to GCN shores, along with the PC game CrossGate.

Professor S
02-04-2002, 11:23 PM
Skies of Arcadia is a fantastic game. All of you PS2ers should definitely pick it up. It isn't flashy like the FF series, but it makes up for it with great gameplay and the best story I've ever seen in an RPG. It actually has character development (I teared up over Drachma's story :( )

Snake
02-04-2002, 11:37 PM
Crazy Taxi 3?!!? :eek:

;)

Glenn the Hero
02-06-2002, 12:38 AM
Whoa man Grandia Rad to da MAX... seriously what is up with that title? Anyway, i hope they don't screw up porting SoA like they Grandia II. The graphics on ps2's grandia 2 were terrible compared to the dc. That's inexcusable.

Professor S
02-06-2002, 10:38 AM
The only reson why SoA wouldn't look as good on PS2 is laziness of the developers part. SoA's graphics were simple, but subtle and elegant. There isn NO harware reason why Grandia II looked bad on the PS2, and there is no reason why SoA should look bad either. If it does, I wouldn't buy the game out of principle. Heck, go out and get a Dreamcast and a copy of SoA, it'll cost you about the same as just getting SoA for PS2. :D