PDA

View Full Version : New plan: CSI Story

Revival
01-31-2002, 03:23 PM
CSI Story
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, I came up with a new idea for how to write my CSI story. It has sort of been done before. If any of you have read those books where at the end of a page or so, you can choose what you want to happen, and then it has you flip to a certain page? Well, that's sort of how I'm going to write my CSI story. Each chapter will have a poll posted along with it. All you have to do is read the chapter and decide what you want to happen, and that's the next chapter that I will write.

Now, originally, I was going to write this all in advance, and post a chapter a week, but I liked this idea MUCH better, plus you guys can have what you want the most in the story.

So, my basic idea is to have about 3 or 4 (possibly 5) options in a poll that will be posted with every chapter, and you guys will have 1 week to vote on what would happen next, and which ever one has the highest amount of votes at the end of the week will the what the next chapter is based upon.

Now, the only thing is that the choice that you makes will effect THE REST OF THE STORY. That's is the only catch to it. If you decide to have one character do something or go somewhere, it will effect the whole story in some way, shape, or form.

I think that it will be a good story however, because you guys can read what interests you the most, and choose where the story goes from there. I decided to write a little example (this example is NOT based on the story).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joe woke up one morning. As he looks over at his alarm clock, it goes off, startling him. Joe jumps out of bed and steps on his dog, making the dog yelp and run off in a hurry. Joe sits back down in bed and waits for his eyes to awake. He looks over at his list of things that he has to do today. He reads aloud to himself, "Vacuum room, wash car, mow lawn, study for exam, go on a date."

YOUR CHOICE:
Do you want Joe to..

-- Vacuum his room
-- Wash his car
-- Mow the lawn
-- Study for his exam
-- Go on a date
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Except those choices would be in a poll, but I hope that you get the basic idea. Now, of course, the decisions in the CSI story would be quite a bit more detailed and involved, but that's just the basic example.

So, if you guys want, you can give me some feedback.. I guess if enough people say it's a horrible idea, I won't go for it.. but I'm interested to see what you have to say.

Xantar
01-31-2002, 05:06 PM
Generally, I don't ask people what the next plot development should be. A good story has a sort of overarching path to it. You know the beginning, the end, and the points in between that you have to hit in order to make it work. I imagine that your method will make it very difficult to do such things as foreshadowing.

Then again, I write a very different kind of fanfic than you do.

Don't take this as discouragement. If you can manage to write a good story while everybody is dictating its twists and turns—sometimes for reasons that are less than mature—I'll be really impressed. I'm just warning you that there are risks. You may end up working even harder than I do on my fanfics.

One last note: keep all your verbs in the same tense. And distinguish between "effect" and "affect."

And make Joe go on a date! :D

Ginkasa
01-31-2002, 06:56 PM
Sounds pretty cool. I wasn't planning on reading it because I've never seen C.S.I. but this might be interesting enough that I might read it.

As long as its not be confusing for those who don't watch the series....

:unsure:

Revival
01-31-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Link1130
As long as its not be confusing for those who don't watch the series....
Nope. You don't have to worry about that. It's going to written just like nobody has ever heard of the series, but it does follow the series -- same characters, and same basic crimes.

I'm going to get some background information on the show, and also whip together a preview of the story soon.

I'm going to have you guys select the main character soon :D