PDA

View Full Version : final fantasy 7

-apu-
01-31-2002, 01:59 PM
Who here is in love with final fantasy games and have no life what so ever outside their room, please post here, in particular about final fantasy 7

Snake
02-07-2002, 10:09 PM
The closest i got to it, was when I was putting it back on the shelf at Blockbuster...

designated_GM3R
02-13-2002, 06:24 PM
Ouch, what a scorch to the FF7 name that was.
Final Fantasy 7 is an epic game. Be as it may, I still have a life outside of my room.

LoudHowardZERO
02-14-2002, 05:33 PM
BEST GAME EVER

I think I'll leave it at that

the graphics weren't that good, even the FMV's wern't THAT good, but it was so so so fun! I could not stop playing it I even play it now that I've beat it like how many times, I'm trying to get everyone to level 99, so far I have 3 guys there and the rest are in teh 90's someplace, I also got master summon mastar magic and master command for all my guys :D I love the story line the most though, it was so long, and just thinking back to some of the times gives me shivers! I love that game sooo much!

BlueFire
02-14-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by LoudHowardZERO
BEST GAME EVER

No.

LoudHowardZERO
02-17-2002, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by BLueFire
No.

Yes

Jin
02-20-2002, 12:59 AM
I personally liked FF9 more but I must admit, FF7 was great.

Happydude
02-25-2002, 01:58 PM
out of all the FFs that i have played (7, 8, 9)

i think that FF8 was the best!

although i do agree with loadhoward, FF7 is an amazingly fun game...if you dont play cause of the graphics...

but FF8 had it all...fun gameplay, amazing graphics...and my obsession who shall be left name-less:sneaky:

but generally, i think that all the FFs were the best of all RPGs...

Jin
02-25-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by happydude666
out of all the FFs that i have played (7, 8, 9)

i think that FF8 was the best!

although i do agree with loadhoward, FF7 is an amazingly fun game...if you dont play cause of the graphics...

but FF8 had it all...fun gameplay, amazing graphics...and my obsession who shall be left name-less:sneaky:

but generally, i think that all the FFs were the best of all RPGs...

You thought FF8 was the best? I thought that one was the worst out of the three. The whole "draw" action was annoying and wasn't necessary because the GFs were 10X stronger. The GFs were okay the first couple of times, but after a while I was annoyed by having to watch the 20 second scenes occur over and over. Luckily they fixed this problem in FF9 by only showing the full attack while playing bosses. FF8 also had a bunch of other things that were flawed. Such as the screwy card game that was improved in FF9, the Chocobo hunting was a step down from FF7, and finding things like the white SEED ship were impossible and time consumming since the Garden moves about 5 miles per hour. The only positive that stands out was the graphics, which were much better than FF7.

Happydude
02-26-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Jin

You thought FF8 was the best? I thought that one was the worst out of the three. The whole "draw" action was annoying and wasn't necessary because the GFs were 10X stronger. The GFs were okay the first couple of times, but after a while I was annoyed by having to watch the 20 second scenes occur over and over. Luckily they fixed this problem in FF9 by only showing the full attack while playing bosses. FF8 also had a bunch of other things that were flawed. Such as the screwy card game that was improved in FF9, the Chocobo hunting was a step down from FF7, and finding things like the white SEED ship were impossible and time consumming since the Garden moves about 5 miles per hour. The only positive that stands out was the graphics, which were much better than FF7.

ILL PRETEND YOU DIDN'T SAY THAT!!!!!!:mad:

DeathsHand
02-27-2002, 12:09 AM
FF7 is one of my fav. FF games...

I'm not really a big fan of older FF games for some reason... sooo my favs would probably beeeee FF7 and FF10 tied... :sneaky:

10 was awesome... it may have been a bit more linear than most FF games for like... 90% of the game... but I dunno I still had a blast... nice story, great gameplay (the battles were easier and faster and such cuz summons didn't seem to play as big of a part in most battles for me and not only that but they made it so you could shorten the summoning scenes... I also liked how you could switch characters), neat level up system (I love the sphere grid system for some reason... I just thought it was neat being able to customize your character more by taking them through different paths... especially as you got farther in the game cuz then like you could decide that you want another black magic person besides Lulu and move like tidus or rikku or someone onto Lulu's "Path"...)... uhhhh... yep... I also like blitzball... I played hours and hours of blitzball... although some of those hours I didn't really enjoy because I was playing game after game after game trying to get all of wakka's slots so I could get his ultimate weapon, but there were still plenty of hours of enjoyable games :p

I also like FF8.... more than most people do... I thought the junction system was kinda neat... storyline was OK... didn't really have any major problem with any characters (Some people complain about Squall)... battles were pretty good too, unless you were big on summons cuz then it drew battles out a bit too long...

And I havn't played FF9 so I dunno... bluefire keeps bugging me to, but I'm busy getting other things... I pre-ordered VF4 and now I'm saving up for NGC (I got nearly 180 bucks from selling stuff on half.com in like 3 days! :burger: then during the time it takes for the check to arrive, I will have gotten a few allowances and I can wait a little while longer until I can afford a memory card and game so joooooyous me!)...

k bye...

Jin
02-27-2002, 08:22 PM

ILL PRETEND YOU DIDN'T SAY THAT!!!!!!:mad:

What do you like about FF8 so much that makes it better than FF7 and 9?

GameMaster
02-27-2002, 10:02 PM
Never played it. Maybe if it comes to the GameCube I'll give it a whack.

DeathsHand
02-27-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Gamemaster2002

Why would FF7 come to NGC? :confused: the game was released in like 1997 :D

GameMaster
02-27-2002, 10:36 PM
Well, cross that game off my list of "To Play."

Revival
02-28-2002, 10:11 AM
:lol: Let's port Pong to GameCube! :D ;)

Happydude
02-28-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Shooter
:lol: Let's port Pong to GameCube! :D ;)

:D good idea :D

anyhoo...i liked FF8 better then FF9 because of the realistic people and stuff...unlike those Zidain with his tail:rolleyes:

and i liked it better then FF7 cause of the graphics, and the storyline is more interesting, IMO.
i alos liked the junctioning system in FF8...which FF7 and FF9 didnt have.

BlueFire
03-02-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Jin
I personally liked FF9 more but I must admit, FF7 was great. I'll have to agree.

BlueFire
03-02-2002, 04:16 PM

anyhoo...i liked FF8 better then FF9 because of the realistic people and stuff...unlike those Zidain with his tail:rolleyes:

I'm wondering if you ever completed FF9.

Jin
03-02-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Gamemaster2002

Why don't you just buy a used Playstation off of one of your friends. That's how I get all my good deals. I got Chrono Trigger off of my friend for $5. You could easily find someone that'll sell you a Playstation w/ games for less than $50. You won't regret it. After you play through games like MGS, FF 7-9, Chrono Cross, Gran Turismo 2, Vagrant Story, ect you'll realize how much better the PSX is than the N64. And it's only $50. That's like buying one GC game.

magus113
03-07-2002, 07:35 PM
I personally love all of the FF series games. Particularly FF3, FF5, FF7, FF9, and FF10. I've only beaten FF10, but I have the rest and I'm still trying to complete them, even though I lent FF7 to BLueFire:D . I don't understand the whole thing about the graphics though. I could care less. FF2 is a great game, but it's graphics are the worst things I have ever seen in my life! It doesn't just take graphics to be a good game. I'm not a humungous RPG fan, but I know good games when I see them. The gameplay, and the storyline also have a big part in it. Ask BLueFire. He hates the storyline at times for FF7, and the gameplay for FF8.

-apu-
03-29-2002, 10:26 AM
in my opinion, ff7's graphics may have been more squary than those of ff8 or 9, but they were alot more smooth, the characters in ff8 and 9 were all grainy and stuff

BlueFire
04-07-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by DeathsHand

Why would FF7 come to NGC? :confused: the game was released in like 1997 :D And Resident Evil was released 1996. :p

(Sorry for bringing this back up)

Jin
04-08-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by BLueFire
And Resident Evil was released 1996. :p

(Sorry for bringing this back up)

LOL, that's a good point. Square also brought back it's SNES versions to the PSX, so you never know. I think I'd buy a new version of it, especially if there were a few extras and more CGI movies.

-apu-
04-08-2002, 09:03 PM
ya, it would kick a** if they made a totally new version with improved graphics and more stuff to do on the third disk, cuz once u beat emerald and ruby...well.....it's boring:-o

newname
04-08-2002, 09:21 PM
eww. u love ur self.
now thats jus sick.

i have to ask u a question about ur sexual preference

if u were to **** a clone of urself would it be incest or self masturbation?

lol;) :D :p :rolleyes: :cool: