PDA

View Full Version : SH2 on Xbox (transfer) by DH

Neo
01-16-2002, 02:14 PM
DH

F*ckin' Sh*t this pisses me off

You can play through Silent Hill 2 as Maria... you learn new details not revealed in the PS2 version and it looks like there are all new areas to enter... and it supposidly adds about 4-6 hours of gameplay to the game...

I better like win an Xbox or something so I can buy SH2 on it...

Oh and BTW, the news is somewhere at videogames.com... look for it yourself, I'm not in the mood to go get a link

Neo

wesaidpay wesaidpay wesaidpayyyyoooo

Anyway uh, yeah....... Although I think I'm getting an Xbox now, so thas cool. But why Maria? Why?? For the love of g..

I thought she was like a metaphysical construct designed to torture James - Now I can see playing as Angela - that'd make more sense imo.

DH

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what she was... she was stuck there to die over and over again while James watches helplessly just like what happened with his wife... oopsies, did me and Neo just ruin something from the game?

Anyways... I think they'll find some kind of way to work things out... I mean who knows? maybe it turns out she really is a real person, but she was just being used by Silent Hill? Like she follows James around and then the "forces" in the town say "Ok, time for you to die now" and then she dies and gets reincarnated somewhere else without remembering what happened... maybe she was experiencing kinda like what Harry was experiencing in the first... he was basically being used by Dhalia... and in the beginning when he dies, he all of a sudden wakes up in the cafe and he's like "Was that a dream?"... it also happens in other various places when he "wanders off course"...

And maybe this view of the game shows her struggle to escape the town's "evil grasp" or something... I mean I know she turns into some evil weird creature at the end, but maybe like... maybe that was just whatever was controlling her placing itself where she once was... I dunno if you read the plot guide for the first one, but it said something like... Allessa had control of the dark, nightmare silent hill, and Dhalia had control of the foggy Silent Hill... did you notice that the final boss in Silent Hill 2 looked sorta familiar? When I first saw it I was like "Whoa that looks like Dhalia Gillespi... in a weird deformed way."... well maybe it was...

Neo

Okay, there are obviously some **MAJOR SPOILERS** in this thread.

The problem with her being a real person is that she was a carbon copy of Mary. She'd either have to be a clone or her twin sister. But then she knew certain things, like the video that James and Mary made. But Maria didn't just know about it, she said it was the video that "we made". Though at first she claims not to know who Mary is, and she doesn't recognize the photograph.

But the thing about her dying and then waking up later makes sense.... though clearly something weird is going on with her. Maybe she's not really a copy of Mary - maybe she just appears that way to James - like Eddie's monsters appear to him as people laughing at him. But there's that problem with the stuff she knows.

And what is she doing in the town in the first place. I mean why does she think she's there?

I'm sure when the game comes out we'll be like "oh of course... that makes perfect sense."

Does Maria only appear in one of the versions of the town?

DH

Well remember like Maria had a totally different "clothing style" or whatever... same goes for her hair style and color... So she could just be like one of those people who just look a lot like another person...

Ooorrr maybe the town DID create her, but it didn't always control her... Like maybe it created her, but let her roam around on her own... but then when it wanted to it took control of her (like when they were talking in the jail cell type of thingy)... but I dunno...

And then again maybe you're right about the monster thing... Maybe she just LOOKS like Mary to James... and then because of this, the town kinda screws around with James... Maria doesn't really look like Mary (maybe it's something weird like... Maria sounds so much like Mary that, because the town is so funky and weird, it even LOOKS like Mary to James), but since James thinks she does, it starts making her say stuff that only Mary (or some other kind of weird funky thing like the "powers" in the town ) would know.... maybe...

And Maria appears in both versions of the town... You only go into the alternate town once (which kinda dissapointed me... I liked the shifting back and forth in SH1 )... Remember, you leave her in that one hospital room (I wouldn't be surprised if that was the room Mary stayed at when she was sick... ... they didn't actually say that in the game, did they? :unsure, then you find that girl, she locks you in the room, those weird ass things come down from the ceiling, you kill them, and you go into the alternate world... and when you get into the basement storeroom (I think that's the room it was) and you push a shelf away and discover a ladder leading down, she comes into the room and James confuses her with Mary again for a second, then he goes "Oh... Maria... Anyways, I'm glad you're ok" and Maria was like "ANYWAY!? WHAT DO YOU MEAN ANYWAY!? I almost died back there! Why didn't you try and save me?" or whatever she says...

yep...

Neo

I bet that's it.... the town created her, gave her life and also a few of Mary's memories. And maybe she knows this, and that she has to do these things to James to justify her existence otherwise the town will take away the life it has given her (see the picture quotes).

I wonder if the Maria storyline will also have multiple endings - and maybe you can link up the two storylines - what you do in one affects the other - but that's probably too much of a programming change.

DeathsHand
01-16-2002, 03:32 PM
*Wonders why Neo brought this one over from the old forums*...

hmm... *tries to think of something to add to this topic*...... umm...

Maria is one wack ho......... :sneaky:

And her little mini game is apparently very very short...

and... Who wants Trident?

Snake
01-16-2002, 06:34 PM
You forgot something Nathan, the red box art. What were they smokin' when they designed that? ;)

j/k

azazela31
01-19-2002, 05:05 PM
Well this part of the story was supposed to show you Maria's real reason for being.

It's shows how here personality unfolds, and how Maria's memory slowly come back to her.

I think playing as Laura would make more sense.:D She can't even see the monsters.

Revival
01-19-2002, 07:49 PM
I'll take some Trident! :D