PDA

View Full Version : Most Anticipated Game of 2002?

BreakABone
01-30-2002, 07:52 PM
Well it might be quite hard but what do you think is probably the single most anticipated game of 2002?

Do you think StarFox will come up the underdog and be hyped by all?

Does Project Ego tickle your funny bone?
Is ShenMue II your fix?
Is the plumber's return to platforming all it's cracked up to be?
Are you intrigued by the thought of Final Fantasy XI?
Maybe KingDon Hearts is more your fancy?

What will really define 2002?

BlueFire
01-30-2002, 07:55 PM
Metroid, Zelda, Mario, SFA, Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil(s) ;)..

Edit: Interesting Post, Penguino. 50 dblns for ye.

N8
01-30-2002, 07:56 PM
Metroid...

I've been itching for a good FPS, and since I can't afford 350 for Halo, this looks as if it will be my fix.

I'm so psyched about this game.

gekko
01-30-2002, 07:58 PM
Shenmue II isn't a game of 2002, it's a game of 2001. That would be like anticipating SA2B.

And I want my sunshine.

DeathsHand
01-30-2002, 08:02 PM
State of Emergency, Zelda, Blood Omen 2, Timesplitters 2, Onimusha 2, Star Fox adventures... RE1 and any other non-port that comes out on NGC this year...

And I guess eternal darkness... for 2 reasons...

a: To see if it's actually good or not...

b: To play it and stuff if it IS good :p

and since breakabone wants to be a biotch aboot it, I'll just pick Zelda as my most anticipated game of 2002...

if it's released in 2002...

Y2Kevbug11
01-30-2002, 08:07 PM
Most people haven't played Shenmue II, and it's never been released in the US, so technically, it's not a 2001 game. You could call DOA3 a 2001 game then, but the Japanese wouldn't call it that- it'd be 2002 for them. I think Shenmue II will be great, but Project Ego tickles my fancy.

gekko
01-30-2002, 08:18 PM
It is too technically a 2001 game. It was released in 2001. Luigi's Mansion isn't a 2002 game, even though it's not out in Europe.

If it's released in 2001, it's a 2001 game.

Joeiss
01-30-2002, 11:25 PM
I think Pokemon for GBA will be the best game in 2002.

*What? Stop looking at me!!! AHHHHHHH*

j/k. Hmm... The game that I anticipate the most in 2002 would have to be Mario Sunshine. I have been waiting too long to play a new Mario title. So I am going to buy a GCN when this baby is released. Boy I cannot wait.

Professor S
01-31-2002, 11:17 PM
Project Ego

If half the hype about this game is true, it is going to change the way we think about video games.

BigJustinW
02-01-2002, 01:19 AM
By Platform:

Gamecube: Zelda
Ps2: Final Fantasy 11 (if not out in 2k2, Tekken 4)
Xbox: Project Ego
GBA: Pokemon
Multi Platform: Madden 203 (had to throw a sports game in)

My overall pick as most anticipated game for 2002:

Project Ego

Three reasons:

1. It's the only origanal game that I'm anticipating
2. It's mysterious, like Halo. Halo gained bonus points by both being origanal, and great.
3. It's innovative... and if it isn't. it's the first game I care about to use these features that are new to me.

BigJustinW
02-01-2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by gekko
It is too technically a 2001 game. It was released in 2001. Luigi's Mansion isn't a 2002 game, even though it's not out in Europe.

If it's released in 2001, it's a 2001 game.

We are supposed to judge it on our home country.... not on other countries.

There are thousands upon thousands of hardcore Shenume fans that don't have Shenume 2 in the states.

Shenmue II isn't a game of 2002, it's a game of 2001. That would be like anticipating SA2B

Sonic adventure 2 has been released in the USA, Shenume has NOT

so they are completly different things.

Angrist
02-01-2002, 04:32 AM
Mine is perhaps Turok. Dunno why, probably not going to buy it (too violent), but the jungle looks so cool!

Others are: ehm uhm let's see... Zelda or course... And ... Dunno!

Neo
02-01-2002, 03:55 PM
Well the most anticipated game overall is probably FF XI. It's not the one that I'm most anticipating since I'm not into the series.

Titles I'm looking for - Matrix, Robotech, RE Series, Project Ego

Drunk Hobbit
02-01-2002, 05:09 PM
Pokémon...especially if online capabilities are anounced.

BigJustinW
02-01-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Danchastu
Pokémon...especially if online capabilities are anounced.

I doubt that it will have any.

Drunk Hobbit
02-01-2002, 05:23 PM
Penguin found some article some place where I forget where and when but it said it will, but not how.

BigJustinW
02-01-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Danchastu
Penguin found some article some place where I forget where and when but it said it will, but not how. I guess I have to talk to him on AIM

Idiot
02-03-2002, 10:31 AM
As I am no patron of the SONY PlayStation 2, or the Microsoft X-Box, so I cannot pass judgement on those two in terms of software anticipation, but as I am a patron of Nintendo formats, I can. Only problem is, where to begin....
Lets start with GameCube. Mario Sunshine- Will it redefine the three dimensional landscape such as Super Mario 64 and, to a lesser extent, The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time did before it? Quite possibly, yes. Game of 2002? Again, a large possibility. Mario Kart for the GameCube is a definite, but game of 2002? Probably not, but it will be the cartoon racing game of 2002.
The Nintendo GameCube-Nintendo Game Boy Advance connection feature needs a killer app, so a 3D Pokemon is a safe bet, esspeccialy as seeing Creatures and Gamefreak, the software houses that develop the series, have been quite for a very long time now. If it is revealed, E3 2002 is probably it's best launching pad, but what with Mario Sunshine and a certain other Miyamoto development taking the spotlight, this year as a launch date for it is not looking good.
Kirby needs new blood, so a full 3D version is a good bet, but as there is already one Kirby title this year it looks like 2003 is it's next slot. While on Hal , the developers of Kirby, another Super Smash Bros is a safe bet, but it'll appear towards the end of the life of the GameCube at the earliest. Mother 3, or Earthbound 2 as it is known outside of Japan, will probably be spruced up for GameCube, maybe as the gap filler between Mario Sunshine and Zelda. After all, they spent 4 years developing it, why go and see it to waste?
Yoshi needs a sequel to Yoshi's Story, and as the charachter appeals to Nintendo's younger demographic, why not make a sequel? Not game of the year, but 2D love affair. F-Zero finnaly has hardware that will create a belivable speed for it as a futuristic racer, but Spring 2003 blockbuster is it's likley position on the schedule. The Starfox team needs another space-shoot 'em up adventure, but, once again, not a game that will be launched in 2002.
I could lecture on about the schedule for the GameCube and GBA all day, but as this is game of the year, I'll just say, Zelda, for the reason that it shows the most promise, and it will not only be the Nintendo format's game of the year, but game of the year for every format. Now, send complaints to the usual address please.

BlueFire
02-03-2002, 11:01 AM
Nice post, Idiot.

*gives him 100 dblns*

C.H
02-03-2002, 11:32 AM
For me, it's going to have to be Star Fox adventures.
I've been waiting for this game for a helleva long time sucka (sorry, i couldn't resist it).

This game just keeps getting better and better, when it was just 'Dinosaur planet' and being developed for 64. I was looking forward to it then, but even more so now. When the first rumours were about that fox mc cloud might take place as the starring role. I was a little skeptical, and unsure, but the idea quickly grew on me. Ever since then, i've wanted the game even more. I've been a big fan of rare for a long time, and the prospect of a game combining Zelda OoT, Jet force gemini & Lylat wars (or star fox). Getting me very excited. Because they are three of my favorite games. And i don't think very many of you know this, but a while ago. I emailed rare asking them a couple of questions about Star fox adventures. And i got my email put up on their 'Scribes' page, and i actaully got some good answers.
Heres my starfox questions:

1. StarFox Adventures looks excellent, but I was wondering about the game play. Now I know that it has elements of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, but on one of the screen shots (an in game shot), there's a few items displayed at the top of the screen, which gives me the impression the game has more RPG elements than I originally thought. Are they for powering the transformable staff, or purely items you use to unlock things, or something else?
2. Also about StarFox Adventures, when using the transformable staff and... well... transforming into other creatures (or whatever). How is the different form used, in combat situations, or solving puzzles, platforming sections, or all sorts of different tasks.

And their answers:

1) "Yes, the game does have RPG elements. However, Fox, being the all-action hero he is, does tend to get himself in more scrapes than your average game character. He uses his various skills to great effect, whether RPGing it with the best of them, or tearing around in his Arwing."
2) "The StarFox Adventures team thought the Sharpclaw was such a good-looking bloke that it would be a crime not to let the player take control of him. As the game has developed, so have his uses, but we don't want to spoil any surprises until you get to play it yourselves."

And in typical rare style, they keep delaying the game. But i consider that a good thing, not a bad thing. But i have to wait until May to get a GC anyway, so it's not so bad. I could go on and on why i want this game so much...but i'm not. This should be enough.

100 more for ye.

-BLueFire

Gamer
02-03-2002, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BLueFire
[B]Metroid, Zelda, Mario, SFA, Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil(s) ;)..

My choises exactly!

but I will add PD Zero...I'm still hoping...