PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Type of Match

BreakABone
01-29-2002, 10:10 PM
Well if you don't know by the way I always bring it up... iron Man Matches have always been my favorite type of matches.. they may not happen often but they are a true test of stamina.. I saw Michaels/Hart at WM 12... Rock/HHH at JudgMent Day... I believe it was SteamBoat/Rude WCW.. not sure..I know WCW had one but it was only 30 mins

Ravishing Rick Rude
01-29-2002, 10:12 PM
2/3 falls.

shows you how much they can do.

Ironman Match is up there though

Shadow Fox
01-29-2002, 10:14 PM
I'm with Beckham on the 2/3 falls thing....that and casket matches...lol...back in the day...

nWoCHRISnWo
01-29-2002, 10:14 PM
WVW/NWA had more than just one Iron Man match, and WWF's had more as well, including Flair/Hart, Flair/Steamboat, etc.

Anyhoo, ladder matches used to be my favourite match but they seem to use it too much. Iron man matches are great, but that's because they usually only have the great wrestlers in them. War games from WCW was a cool concept, and World War III from WCW also ruled.

Overall though, I think I like the "I Quit" or "submission" match the best.

Perfect Stu
01-29-2002, 10:19 PM
ladder matches!

Razor Ramon vs. Shawn Michaels...one of the best matches EVAR

TLC matches...some of the most entertaining sh*t on TV

BreakABone
01-29-2002, 10:20 PM
Hmm depends on the 2/3.. some of the wrestlers in those are boring but if it's up to the caliber of Jericho/Benoit from SummerSlam 200 or Austin/HHH at nwo 2k1 (One of my all time favorite matches) then it's good....

Hmm "I Quit"..well the Rock/Mankind one was good but the ending turned me off

Joeiss
01-29-2002, 10:24 PM
Ladder Match. What can I say? It's a classic.

Snake
01-29-2002, 11:23 PM
Hell in a Cell...

*Brings back memories of Undertaker almost killing Mankind*

:(

Ridley
01-30-2002, 03:15 PM
Hell in a Cell has to be my fav (but then again I think that's because Foley vs. The Undertaker was gold IMO)

The first couple of times they had them, I thought Casket matches ruled. Actually I still like them but they haven't had one in so long :(. Other than those, Ironman and TLC matches are usually good.

Professor S
01-30-2002, 10:13 PM
Coal Miner's Glove on a Pole Tuxedo Cage Match...

Don't look at me like that... it actually happened...

Ted DiBiase vs. Hacksaw Jim Duggan back in the eighties. AWA I believe. Classic match that saw both of them blade gushers and work like madmen (if you could call what Hacksaw did in the ring "working"). Great unique match, and its my favorite kind because it only happened once, which is rare. That makes it extra special in my eyes.

Second place belongs to TLC. Anything could, and has happened in those matches. They have taken high flting to another level. The only downside? Spot fest city. If you actually think about it most of the match doesn't make any sense. Thats why I choose not to think about it.:D