PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 7-2!!!? Thank you Lord!

CrOnO_LiNk
11-06-2002, 10:09 PM
QUITER is reporting that Yoshinore Kitase, Final Fantasy series producer, mentioned in the newest issue of Famitsu that Square is considering creating a sequel to Final Fantasy VII.

This comes soon after the announcement that the company was, for the first time, breaking tradition and creating a direct continuation to Final Fantasy X. In the interview, Kitase claims that he, and many others inside Square have had a desire to create FFVII - 2 for a while, but the pressure to make a good game to appease all the game's fans is a lot to consider. Tetsuya Nomura, character designer for Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and X, as well as director of Kingdom Hearts, also has a strong will to continue the FFVII's mythos.

As of now, there has been no official announcement that the game is even in the planning stages; instead, this story is just the rambling of FF series producer, Kitase. We'll keep you posted on the story, though, so check back.

Source: Gamesarefun (http://www.gamesarefun.com/cgi-bin/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1036637760,29559,)

Mommy... :eek:

Thank you God! I love you Square. Hurry up and announce it!

BlueFire
11-06-2002, 10:15 PM
I hope it's better than FF7...

DeathsHand
11-06-2002, 10:24 PM
I hope it's true and I hope they don't royally screw up a character's image like Yuna in FFX-2...

:sneaky:

CrOnO_LiNk
11-06-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by DeathsHand
I hope it's true and I hope they don't royally screw up a character's image like Yuna in FFX-2...

:sneaky:

Yeah, we don't want to see Aeris turn into a slut and go after Sephiroth... Or would we? :nod:

I hope Cloud looks like what he looks like in Kingdom Hearts.

Crono
11-07-2002, 08:48 AM
What's next, FF8-2??

Seriously, I loved FF7 but what's up with all these sequels? I'd rather them spend the development money on new games like a new Chrono for FF12.

DarkMaster
11-07-2002, 03:14 PM
hey, i'm all for a sequel to FF7 (as long as its done right) but i'd rather see other games like a new Chrono game or FF12 or a new RPG series all together from Square.

Bond
11-07-2002, 05:16 PM
This would be very nice... I might even buy a PS2 if the game is great.

Shiz
11-07-2002, 05:24 PM
it sounds kind of neat but....id MUCH rather have a re-done ff7 with new features and graphics etc... implemented.

BlueFire
11-07-2002, 05:30 PM
I don't know if I would...

FF7 wasn't that great

Shiz
11-07-2002, 06:14 PM
r u kidding?ive played it like 2 and a half times, i always seem to get stuck at the same place and lose intrest, but beyond there its fun! :)

BlueFire
11-07-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Shiz
r u kidding?ive played it like 2 and a half times, i always seem to get stuck at the same place and lose intrest, but beyond there its fun! :) I've played and beaten it. I don't think it was OMFG TEH BEST!

By the way, where are you stuck?

Spike_Spiegel
11-07-2002, 07:12 PM
HOW would they even make a sequel to FFVII without completely screwing up the entire story/ending?

Aeries is dead, Everyone at Shinra is dead, Sephiroth is "dead" (unless he somehow survived) and Midgar is now just a peaceful forest (well it's probably still a hole in the ground if it takes place right after after the ending)

I'd rather have it they remade the game completely with next-generation graphics (ala Resident Evil)

CrOnO_LiNk
11-07-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Spike_Spiegel
HOW would they even make a sequel to FFVII without completely screwing up the entire story/ending?

Aeries is dead, Everyone at Shinra is dead, Sephiroth is "dead" (unless he somehow survived) and Midgar is now just a peaceful forest (well it's probably still a hole in the ground if it takes place right after after the ending)

I'd rather have it they remade the game completely with next-generation graphics (ala Resident Evil)

Look at FFX-2. Tidus is kinda dead, Seymour is dead, Jecht and Auron are dead, Zanarkand is just a dream, and everything is messed up in the world of FFX.... But still, Square still manages to make things interesting. I am sure they will do something to make things better.

Also, I agree with Crono... I'd rather have a new Chrono game or just FFXII. I just hope FFVII-2 will be the last FF sequel.

Bluefire, FFVII is special. It's my favorite RPG of all time and my second favorite game of all time.

BlueFire
11-07-2002, 09:20 PM
I don't have high expectations for FFX-2 either. They are totally going to **** up that story... I just have a feeling of that.

Tidus in a cage being held. Yuna dresses up like a slut so she won't be recognized as the Summoner who brought the eternal calm. But seriously...

Tidus = Dead

Now she gets a sphere of him in a cage? tsk..

EDIT: FF7-2 won't make much sense....they're going to screw that story too, I bet...if this is even real.

Think about it.

Square left us with a question in the ending

Was Holy summoned fully? Some say yes, some say no. No one knows. If he was summoned and whatever, then he would've gone ahead and kill everyone but Nanaki (Red XIII). So really, how would a sequel make sense? :hmm:

Then we go to the part where Holy wasn't summoned fully, and he didn't kill off all the humans.

Then what can they really do with a story that has been finished?

Aeris is dead. She's one of the lifestream. Sephiroth died... i think.
Barret becomes one of the Village People. Tifa is screwed by Cloud (that was expected). Nanaki outlives everyone... Vincent goes into his coffin, and Yuffie gets back into the whoring business...

I don't see how they can make a sequel out off FF7

But then again, we'll see... i guess :unsure:

DeathsHand
11-08-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by BLueFire
Was Holy summoned fully? Some say yes, some say no. No one knows. If he was summoned and whatever, then he would've gone ahead and kill everyone but Nanaki (Red XIII). So really, how would a sequel make sense? :hmm:

Then we go to the part where Holy wasn't summoned fully, and he didn't kill off all the humans.

Then what can they really do with a story that has been finished?

Aeris is dead. She's one of the lifestream. Sephiroth died... i think.
Barret becomes one of the Village People. Tifa is screwed by Cloud (that was expected). Nanaki outlives everyone... Vincent goes into his coffin, and Yuffie gets back into the whoring business...

I don't see how they can make a sequel out off FF7

But then again, we'll see... i guess :unsure:

If Holy was fully summoned then maybe the only returning character would be Nanaki?

And if it wasn't I'm sure they could come up with something... wether it has to do mainly with a certain character or just the world in general...

but I dunno :p

I think think it could be neat as long as Cloud doesn't wear a speedo and a snorkle and Barret doesn't turn into a white, scrawny insurance salesman...

Even if there are a couple things that don't seem to fit right in the plot, as long as they come up with something that works, fine with me :p

But most huge RPG fans or FF nuts or whatever would probably care more than me... :-o

Crono
11-08-2002, 10:31 AM

But most huge RPG fans or FF nuts or whatever would probably care more than me... :-o

Heh, actually only FF fanboys would really care about this...normal RPG fans (people who see beyond FF and Square) such as my self, really wouldn't give a rat's ass. I think an FF7-2 would end up being crappy. so..meh.

Mechadragon
11-10-2002, 03:33 PM
Yeah...I wish I could've gotten a spoiler warning there :unsure:

fingersman
11-12-2002, 02:51 AM
Heh ..a story for FF7-2 wouldn't be that hard......they could always have events that take place a few later, that draws the characters back to together, a new foe that threatens each of thier lively hood for example.....Aeris could come back from the lifestream ( you know square could make it happen)...also they don't have to include all the old characters as playable, in fact at the begining of the game one or two of the characters ( hence making space for new characters) can be killed and that's what might band the characters together again.

Simple isn't it?
I think it might work.

DeathsHand
11-12-2002, 03:35 AM
Square could make it happen somehow, but it seems like no matter what they do nowadays, people just get dissapointed with them... I mean except reviewers...

Reviews: *Good good good yada blah*

People: Oh come on this is so dissapointing the old ones were better blah blah blah

*Square announces a Sequel to a FF game*

People: Oh come on that's stupid I'd rather have a whole new game they're just gonna mess up and therefore ruin the image of the first game which was great

*a whole new game is eventually released because of course there will be a FFXII*

People: This is so dissapointing OMG :shakehead

:unsure:

BlueFire
11-12-2002, 08:06 AM
You know, DH.. You complain a lot. ;)

Fingers, having Aeris come back from the life stream is kinda.... stupid :p

I still have extrememly low expectations for this.. just like FFX-2 (Heh...Rikku looks like a belly dancer)

Well, time will tell if this is crap or quality.

One Winged Angel
11-13-2002, 10:41 PM
I don't know if there can be a descent story to add on to FFVII. Holy killed all the people because it chose what will go and what will stay on the planet...

if everyone is dead... how can it continue?

Shiz
11-14-2002, 09:46 AM
i heard its gonna have zak in it and it'll be a prequel type thing. my friend heard this from his friends dad who is one of the sales people for midwest us or some ****....he is my pretty good friend, but who knows.

DeathsHand
11-14-2002, 02:14 PM
*******UBER SPOILERS******** or something

Originally posted by Shiz
i heard its gonna have zak in it and it'll be a prequel type thing. my friend heard this from his friends dad who is one of the sales people for midwest us or some ****....he is my pretty good friend, but who knows.

Wow... what a reliable source... :p

That is a possibility though... if everybody is dead, they could make a prequel!

Or Nanaki isn't dead, maybe the game could be about him...

But I think a prequel could be better than that...

End of the spoilers?

DarkMaster
11-14-2002, 03:09 PM
guys, these are major spoilers, try to make a warning

DeathsHand
11-14-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by DarkMaster
guys, these are major spoilers, try to make a warning

I'm not the one who started talking about them but whatever :p

Everybody here should have played FF7 by now you slow bastards! *shakes fist*

DarkMaster
11-14-2002, 04:23 PM
I'm not the one who started talking about them but whatever :p

Everybody here should have played FF7 by now you slow bastards! *shakes fist*
i'm not saying it was you, just everyone in general was saying all the major spoilers in FF7. its doesnt hurt me, i've beaten FF7 many times, but for those other people who have yet to beat it will have the game spoiled to them. i know, they may be "slow" or wutever, but still, you wouldnt want the game spoiled for you, right?

DeathsHand
11-14-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by DarkMaster
i'm not saying it was you, just everyone in general was saying all the major spoilers in FF7. its doesnt hurt me, i've beaten FF7 many times, but for those other people who have yet to beat it will have the game spoiled to them. i know, they may be "slow" or wutever, but still, you wouldnt want the game spoiled for you, right?

Meh, it's happened to me a couple times and I didn't really care because even if they spoil some things (even if it has to do with the ending), there's still a lot more in the game that they didn't spoil and so it doesn't bother me a whole lot... unless they ruin some like HUUUGE plot twist or something... :p But not all endings are huge uber surprises or anything like that or something and stuff...

But that's just me...

magus113
11-20-2002, 07:36 AM
If Holy was fully summoned then maybe the only returning character would be Nanaki?

***SPOILER WARNING!!!***

I can understand that completely. This is how I understand it.

Humans are the root of all evil. They take power and they misuse it. In FF7's case, Shinra represents the evil of the human race, while Cloud's party was supposed to be the ones who will try to stop this "evil".

Then in comes Sephiroth, and he places the world into a position that will be very hard to remove it from. In comes Nanaki, with his knowledge of the planet that he recieves from Bugenhagen. He is a sworn protector.

Now even though Cloud and friends tried to stop this from happening, they are a part of the human race, and that makes them part of the evil since a human's soul is naturally evil in the eyes of Holy. So if Holy was fully summoned, then only Nanaki will remain since he has the purest heart.