PDA

View Full Version : GTA:VC TOO hard!

Shiz
10-29-2002, 07:50 PM
is it just me or is this game damn hard?

the stars take forever to vanish and they go up so fast. and theres too many cops, its killin me!

i was getting chased at lvl 3 or 4 stars and they put out those road spike things and popped my damn tires!

and when u get four stars in vc its like 5 or 6 in gta3, to me at least.

CrOnO_LiNk
10-29-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Shiz
is it just me or is this game damn hard?

the stars take forever to vanish and they go up so fast. and theres too many cops, its killin me!

i was getting chased at lvl 3 or 4 stars and they put out those road spike things and popped my damn tires!

and when u get four stars in vc its like 5 or 6 in gta3, to me at least.

Challenge is always a good thing. I just got the game and I am loving it. But I wish you could run away when there are 2 stars.

Null
10-29-2002, 08:47 PM
nah, theres more of them police badge thingies lyin around to lower your star rating.

and even tho theres more cops. they dont get out and shoot as easily, they run at you with sticks more often.

Shiz
10-29-2002, 09:06 PM
not just cops, those guys in black'll shoot the hell outta me

but im starting to get the hang of it, just did that rc helicopter mission and the one where i chainsaw that guy. fun ;)

TheGame
10-29-2002, 10:47 PM
It's not so hard... but my friends (ones who used to use the "lower wanted" cheat in GTA3) think the game is impossible.

You just gotta get to a safe house. If you are on a mission, you gotta ride it out and finish the mission anyway. (try to change cars as many times as possible w/o cops seeing)

I dunno what it is about Vice City, but GTA3 looks a little better IMO. Maybe it's just the older setting, or the over-use of the blur effect.

Null
10-29-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by TheGame
I dunno what it is about Vice City, but GTA3 looks a little better IMO. Maybe it's just the older setting, or the over-use of the blur effect.

turn trails off in the display option. makes things look sharper.

CrOnO_LiNk
10-30-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Null
turn trails off in the display option. makes things look sharper.

Damn, that helped a lot. Thanks...

Shiz
10-30-2002, 03:38 PM
i was thinking the same thing justin (if i recall correctly thats ur name).

but i think that im not really used to vice city's buildings and stuff because theyre older. also everrything is much closer together.

Perfect Stu
10-30-2002, 05:12 PM
Justin, turn 'trails' off in the visual settings...trust me, the game looks much better than GTA3

I'm having a ton of fun with this game, and I've only done about 5 missions so far...

Null
10-30-2002, 05:59 PM
expecially the cars.

they so shiny now :)

Joeiss
10-30-2002, 09:30 PM
Oh, good.... I am going to turn the trails off.... I really hated that.

And the game is easy so far.... If you want the cops off your bum, go to your safe place .... or just get a new pair of clothes (golf course, lol).

CrOnO_LiNk
10-30-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss
(golf course, lol).

LOL! I loved that mission. The Golf Course was great. Also, I really like the Bikes and Mopeds in this game. Try popping a wheelie by holding the analog stick down while going full speed on a bike. Just don't go too high.

Perfect Stu
10-30-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by CrOnO_LiNk
LOL! I loved that mission. The Golf Course was great. Also, I really like the Bikes and Mopeds in this game. Try popping a wheelie by holding the analog stick down while going full speed on a bike. Just don't go too high.

stoppies are cooler

it's when you ride on just your front wheel. hit brake and forward at the same time when going fast, and you should be up on your front wheel, Mission Impossible 2-style :cool:

Null
10-30-2002, 10:46 PM
i perfer stealing a motercycle with 2 people on it. hop on. the 2nd guy will hop on with you.

then go full speed towards a wall. or car........ Dive out. and watch the motercycle crash ans the guy go flying and SPLAT

mUHHAHAHAHAHA

MUUU HAHAHAHAHA

:hmm:

nahhhh, violent games dont give you violent idea's. thats nonesence.

*walks off*

CrOnO_LiNk
10-30-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Perfect Stu
stoppies are cooler

it's when you ride on just your front wheel. hit brake and forward at the same time when going fast, and you should be up on your front wheel, Mission Impossible 2-style :cool:

Thanks Stu. I'll try that. Is this while I am at full speed?

Also, I read if you get all 100 secret packages, you unlock a "secret airbase..." You know what that means? :beat:

Perfect Stu
10-31-2002, 09:57 AM
yeah, you need to be going pretty much full speed

my record for a stoppie is 198 feet so far. let's see who can beat it ;)

TheGame
10-31-2002, 12:30 PM
I turned trails off, and it made a huge difference, it does look better than GTA3... but it still looks ugly in general to me... maybe it's just the old setting and the ol school cars. The bright lighting still looks fuzzy, with or without trails.

I think they use the animation of player models too much too. I mean, seeing two guys shake hands when thier hands consist of about 6 polygons each isn't exactly pretty. GTA3 has the same problem too though ;)

Null
10-31-2002, 01:34 PM
dont get why they put the trails in it tho. and trails in VC are worse then trails in GTA3.

they should set them off by default.

And with the size of GTA, im not sure how good of graphics they could put in it without it slowing down.

its never been about graphics tho. (obviously) when playing tho. you have so much fun you just forget about the graphics. the whole GTA world just kinda draws you in.

still tho. i wish the person who made trails was somewhere in the game, i'd show him a thing or two. *goes and gets chainsaw*

TheGame
10-31-2002, 02:06 PM
I haven't seen a chainsaw in the game yet... can you cut a person's car in half? ;)

I like my good ol trusty hammer. I look for the most cocky/confident person on the street and beat him/her with it to humble them. (then the cops come and I go running back to my hideout)

Null
10-31-2002, 02:13 PM
Man, i was driving around once, and i came across an apartment complex and it had a garage by it. (i want to be able to store cars in a garage to save them) And it had a spot to buy the apartment.

so i set out as my goal to make money and come back to it and buy it.

now i have enough money but i've driven all over and cant find the bloody place :( i thought it was in the south side. then i tried the north. now i gotta try the middle when ig et home......... shoulda marked it on my map :(

and i thought they said you unlock the island only a few missions in? i still havnt been able to unlock that other island...

TheGame
10-31-2002, 02:22 PM
Just the one side of the City is confusing enough, adding the other side won't help (this early in the game at least)

One thing I have been hating about this game is how many cops there are... they are on every street walking around 24/7! AAlso, when I check to make sure there are none, and I commit a crime, one always appears VERY fast from nowhere.

There is no City on earth with that many cops.

Null
10-31-2002, 02:47 PM
i dunno. this city can obviously afford to pay more cops then liberty city could. :p more of a rich town. therefor more cops.

Thing is tho. they're a bit easier to lose i find then in GTA3.

like a couple cops start chasing me, i can run down an ally, onto a diff street then down a side streen, and they're not still right behind me like in GTA3. they take some time to find you.

plus theres more ways to get rid of them.

1, theres more of thoes police badge items you can run over to lower your wanted level.
2, you can change cloths, you could never do that in GTA3.
3, get your car repainted.
4, run in a building and hide out. (hey, it doesnt work all the time but its worked a couple for me. Just dont hide out in the club where the bouncers are or anything. they'll start chasing you too)

Smuggletrain
11-01-2002, 06:16 AM

my record for a stoppie is 198 feet so far. let's see who can beat it ;)

stoppie: 221 feet -wheelie- 1581 feet 32 sec

Perfect Stu
11-01-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Smuggletrain
stoppie: 221 feet -wheelie- 1581 feet 32 sec

I'm way ahead of ya

latest stoppie record: 230 feet ;)

Spike_Spiegel
11-01-2002, 09:13 PM
Speaking of the game being too hard, am I the only person who has gone through the stupid "Death Row" mission 50 billion times?

CrOnO_LiNk
11-01-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Spike_Spiegel
Speaking of the game being too hard, am I the only person who has gone through the stupid "Death Row" mission 50 billion times?

LOL Spike! I just beat it today on my 14th try. That was like the hardest mission. Have you beat it yet?

Spike_Spiegel
11-01-2002, 09:36 PM
Not yet, but I've gotten "close".

After freeing Lance, I waited a minute to see if there were any more thugs in the area. I didn't hear any gunshots or voices, so I proceeded to run outside and grab the car on the side of the garage.

Then out of nowhere, I see at least 15 of Diaz's thugs huddled around the corner, just waiting for me to come out. I take out my crappy Colt and try to cap them all, but they slaughter me within 3 seconds.

The other times I tried the mission, I was ambushed by the thugs and couldn't get out of my flaming car in time, or Lance got killed (either by my flaming car or because he was picked off by the shooter on top of the crane)

CrOnO_LiNk
11-01-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Spike_Spiegel
Not yet, but I've gotten "close".

After freeing Lance, I waited a minute to see if there were any more thugs in the area. I didn't hear any gunshots or voices, so I proceeded to run outside and grab the car on the side of the garage.

Then out of nowhere, I see at least 15 of Diaz's thugs huddled around the corner, just waiting for me to come out. I take out my crappy Colt and try to cap them all, but they slaughter me within 3 seconds.

The other times I tried the mission, I was ambushed by the thugs and couldn't get out of my flaming car in time, or Lance got killed (either by my flaming car or because he was picked off by the shooter on top of the crane)

I had the same problem. Before going to Kent Paul's strip club, be sure to pick up some body armor. Have at least one gun...I would reccomend an uzi. Get to the Junkyard fast and while you're about the enter it, be sure you're riding a big strong car. Like a van or truck. Speed up and rush in there killing all of Diaz' men and when the car is about to blow up, take it near the 2 bodyguards near Lance and get out so it can blow them up and kill them.

Talk to Lance and and try going out. if your life is low, there is a heart somewhere up there... Anywas, behind the garage where they're keeping Lance is a very strong shotgun....That'll be useful while fighting Diaz' thugs.

Null
11-02-2002, 12:39 AM
*looks around*

AHEM.

Longest Wheelie................................ 3048 FT.

*dusts his hands and walks off* HA!

Shiz
11-02-2002, 12:16 PM
how do u do wheelies and stoppies?

Joeiss
11-02-2002, 01:43 PM
I was just wondering that myself. I know HOW to do them.... Yet it does not show up on the record thing.

Shiz
11-02-2002, 02:47 PM
i just got diaz's mansion **** yes!

time to buy business's wooooo!!!!!!

Perfect Stu
11-02-2002, 02:51 PM
my stoppies show up as records...but not my wheelies

:hmm:

:confused:

Null
11-02-2002, 06:15 PM
yes. i had a 2000 FT wheelie. and my max 3045 and neither showed up.

I'm wondering. does it have to be on the dirt bike in order to show up??? cuz my wheelie was on the handa lookin one.

Smuggletrain
11-03-2002, 12:51 AM

latest stoppie record: 230 feet ;)

stoppie: 281 feet

To Null and Perfect Stu:

My records aren't showing up either, the program is obviously gimped.

Joeiss
11-03-2002, 12:46 PM
LOL.... gimped.

PureEvil
11-03-2002, 01:33 PM
Just like Smuggletrain.

Joeiss
11-03-2002, 01:57 PM
HAHAHAHA.

Joeiss
11-03-2002, 01:57 PM
HAHAHAHA.

EDIT : Sorry.... Double post....

Smuggletrain
11-03-2002, 02:32 PM
and Canadians

DarkMaster
11-03-2002, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Smuggletrain
and Canadians
watch your mouth

Joeiss
11-03-2002, 03:47 PM
Smuggletrain, I think you might just get banned in the next day or two.

Shiz
11-03-2002, 05:15 PM
weeeooo

DeathsHand
11-06-2002, 01:53 PM
Beat the Death Row mission in 4 tries... *shrugs*

It has been the hardest mission so far though :p

Joeiss
11-06-2002, 03:06 PM
Holy... I am on the one where I have to get the tank... I have been trying to run and gun it... But I think I will just do some drive by's for my next try.

DeathsHand
11-06-2002, 03:09 PM
Holy... I am on the one where I have to get the tank... I have been trying to run and gun it... But I think I will just do some drive by's for my next try.

Get a gun that lets you aim in first person...

:sneaky:

Unless there's some other mission where you gotta steal a tank :unsure:

PureEvil
11-06-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by DeathsHand
Beat the Death Row mission in 4 tries... *shrugs*

It has been the hardest mission so far though :p

3 tries, sucka.

I used a helicopter... Worked like a hot damn.

The mission where you gotta defend that guy's yacht with all those French guys attacking is pretty hard.

DeathsHand
11-06-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by PureEvil
I used a helicopter... Worked like a hot damn.

Helicopter? Where you get a helicopter? The Airport? That would make sense, but I havn't really explored that area much :p

And I think I just started that mission with the french guys you talked about...

Edit: Meh... Beat it the first time... got me down to 0 Armor 50 Health though... (^-^

Joeiss
11-06-2002, 03:16 PM
Get a gun that lets you aim in first person...

:sneaky:

Unless there's some other mission where you gotta steal a tank :unsure:

The army guys rape me in like 5 seconds, once I start blasting away.

DeathsHand
11-06-2002, 03:21 PM
The army guys rape me in like 5 seconds, once I start blasting away.

Shoot from a distance... :-o

Shiz
11-06-2002, 03:36 PM
wait till he stops for donuts and then get in the tank joeiss....ten just explode the other cars by running in to em and get to the point, its close.

DeathsHand
11-06-2002, 03:49 PM
wait till he stops for donuts and then get in the tank joeiss....ten just explode the other cars by running in to em and get to the point, its close.

He stops for donuts? I just took out the gunner with a sniper rifle and ran in, the guys got out of the tank, and I got in :p

Joeiss
11-06-2002, 07:45 PM

Oh cool... Does it take long for them to stop?

Shiz
11-07-2002, 03:51 PM
nope

just follow em for a bit

Viva La Psycho
11-17-2002, 12:01 AM
HELL yeah this games hard as hell... But for help go to ign.com or i will be making a web site thats lists all the cheat codes.

TheGame
11-19-2002, 11:40 AM
I'm on the mission where I have to bust down the glass in every store in the mall.... I don't have a problem avoiding police... just a problem breaking them all in time.

Shiz
11-19-2002, 03:39 PM
fly with a helicopter to the mall. if u have enough bullets use that uzi, and if ya dont use a poolice weapon bar thingy

Seven7
11-29-2002, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by
HELL yeah this games hard as hell... But for help go to ign.com or i will be making a web site thats lists all the cheat codes.

gametavern.com has cheat codes for GTA:VC ....that is if you cheat, you cheater.:rolleyes:

GiMpY-wAnNaBe
12-02-2002, 07:47 PM
Helicopter? Where you get a helicopter? The Airport? That would make sense, but I havn't really explored that area much :p

And I think I just started that mission with the french guys you talked about...

Edit: Meh... Beat it the first time... got me down to 0 Armor 50 Health though... (^-^

There's this place that you can buy, i forget where, but the roof has a regenerating helicopter, the most fun part is going as high as possible and then jumping out into the middle of the street landing on some car. Even tho it is fun, u lose 50 life....i mean, falling 5 miles straight down would...umm...kinda make u...umm...die

Raymond Miranda
12-03-2002, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Seven7
gametavern.com has cheat codes for GTA:VC ....that is if you cheat, you cheater.:rolleyes:
you found that to?

Seven7
12-12-2002, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Seven7

errr i guess this is not a cheat site anymore even tho some search engines still say it is a cheat site :p