PDA

View Full Version : The First GameCube Game to have 2 discs!

BlueFire
01-29-2002, 05:09 PM
http://planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=2569

During a retail information event today, Nintendo announced some interesting info concerning Resident Evil for GameCube. First off, the game’s Japanese release date was set as March 22. Secondly, and much more interesting is the fact that Resident Evil will be the first GameCube game to span multiple discs. Apparently, just one of the GameCube Optical Discs won’t provide enough space for the movies and features Capcom is cramming into this one. We’ll have more info as it breaks.

DeathsHand
01-29-2002, 05:13 PM
resident evil 1? Can't fit on one disc? What in the hell are they cramming into this thing :hmm:

Ginkasa
01-29-2002, 05:15 PM
They must be adding something extra that takes up a lot of space....

Perfect Stu
01-29-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Link1130
They must be adding something extra that takes up a lot of space....

:eek:

No sh*t Sherlock!

;)

cubedojo
01-29-2002, 05:39 PM
"No sh*t Sherlock! "

Awww theres no more sh*t:( ?

oh well:mad:

*eats popcorn*

Bizzyman
01-29-2002, 05:57 PM
hahaahahaahaha

can i have some popcorn?

how much space does capcom need?? the disc can hold up to 4.5 gig if multilayered.

Perfect Stu
01-29-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by cubedojo
"No sh*t Sherlock! "

Awww theres no more sh*t:( ?

oh well:mad:

*eats popcorn*

you scare me :hmm: :errr: :hmm:

BlueFire
01-29-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Perfect Stu

you scare me :hmm: :errr: :hmm: When does he not? :errr:

N8
01-29-2002, 07:05 PM
cut scenes...

gekko
01-29-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Bizzyman
hahaahahaahaha

can i have some popcorn?

how much space does capcom need?? the disc can hold up to 4.5 gig if multilayered.

First of all, no, you can't.

Second, who said the disc can hold 4.5GB? Not anyone who knows anything about the disc. In fact, nobody ever said the disc can be multilayered.

But honestly, what the hell are they doing to the game? And I sure hope they put the second disc in where the mem card holder is. I hate that little swinging crap they use for DVDs.

Joeiss
01-29-2002, 07:35 PM
No sh*t Sherlock!

Keep on digging Watson!

:sneaky:

*runs away*

Ginkasa
01-29-2002, 07:52 PM

:eek:

No sh*t Sherlock!

;)

You really think I'm as smart as Sherlock? Wooooowwwww....

;)

Snake
01-29-2002, 08:02 PM
The Optical Discs are two cds, obviously.. so.. they must been putting some big in here :(

D-realJos
01-29-2002, 08:06 PM
I don't know what they are putting into that game, but in a funny/weird/ironic twist, shouldn't that end the argument once and for all?

You know, the argument saying that GCN's discs are too small...
Yup! You heard my right, I said it should END it.

Cause I mean, wouldn't it be dumb if people starts saying..

"see, I told you so! The discs aren't big enough for developers."

LOL, That'll be extremely dumb, because the solution--which we stated about 1000 times--will be right there in their faces, and they STILL won't see it. hehhe

like..."hellooooooooooo, multiple discs?"
"Gee golly! You know, that may just work!"
:rolleyes:

DeathsHand
01-29-2002, 08:10 PM
Maybe they're loading in a ton of FMV and sticking in a ton of extras... ;)

Maybe the second disc is a bunch of extras, like with some DVDs... but the US is going to get ripped off and the second disc will only be released in Japan ;)

:sneaky:

Yoda9864
01-29-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by D-realJos
Cause I mean, wouldn't it be dumb if people starts saying..

"see, I told you so! The discs aren't big enough for developers."

LOL, That'll be extremely dumb, because the solution--which we stated about 1000 times--will be right there in their faces, and they STILL won't see it. hehhe

like..."hellooooooooooo, multiple discs?"
"Gee golly! You know, that may just work!"
:rolleyes:
Yeah, stupid people. :)

BreakABone
01-29-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Yoda9864

Yeah, stupid people. :)
*cough lying female:p cough*

Hmm maybe they are making a game where you can also unlock the original version.. or who knows.. loads of extra.. or some plot details to fill in the holes

Yoda9864
01-29-2002, 09:08 PM
I hate you Mr. BreakABone. It was just a joke.

GameMaster
01-29-2002, 09:56 PM
Maybe the second disc casts you, the player, into a role of one of the zombies. Would that not be cool? :D

D-realJos
01-29-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Gamemaster2002
Maybe the second disc casts you, the player, into a role of one of the zombies. Would that not be cool? :D

Yeah, it would be cool...in fact, let's all visualize it... Let's all take the perspective of being the zombie...

"I'll just wait here in this closet, and when Chris enter this room, he's bound to come open it....then I'll just spring out, and bite his throat out"

:Chris enters the room:

"hehe, the sucka's gonna fall for it...gonna get me some yummy flesh today..i hope he has chicken pots or something, he'll be even juicier. muuuahahaa"

Chris: "luckily, the game programers rigged my with some cheating AI, and I happen to know that the player is hiding in that closet, and is probably waiting to ambush me...unfortunately, he doesn't have a clue what he's getting into."

:loads shotgun...snickers...:

"Oh, I can hear him getting closer...ah! he's about to open the closet, I'm gonna do it..I'm gonna do it...

:Zombie/you rush out to attack Chris, only to steer straight down the barrel of a 12-gauge:

":eek:...oh Sh!t"

:A loud blast is heard:

:selects "try again" icon:
:D

edit: maybe the zombie thing wouldn't be a good idea afterall.

Gamer
01-29-2002, 11:53 PM
Hmm, well at least youll know youll be getting alot for your money! ;) Hehe, well at least two disks...:rolleyes:

GameMaster
01-30-2002, 12:21 AM
Yeah, I bet we can expect to see a price increase

Gamer
01-30-2002, 12:22 AM

*Gasps* I never thought of that...oh no! I hope not!

thatmariolover
01-30-2002, 07:46 AM
I'll bet not. The disks are profitable to the extent that they could release a two disk game (at $50) without worrying about costs.

The Gamecube is not the N64. The GC disks are not cartridges.

fingersman
01-30-2002, 08:49 AM
LOL

The answer is obvious ...LOL....One Optical Disc is to play Jill the other is to play Chris. Maybe because of the extreme texture details, that the game couldn't hold on one disc.....who knows but it is coming on two disc....that means more hours of playing.....woot woot....I really hope they have some cool interaction between the two disc. :D

Snake
01-30-2002, 09:06 AM

Nope, wouldn't count on it.. It's an extra disc, not cartridge..

Shadow_Link
01-30-2002, 12:24 PM
Well, what ever it is, it better be good :D.

Could it be that they aren't compressing the FMV's? As this way, they will look a bit sharper, I think...

DeathsHand
01-30-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by fingersman
LOL

The answer is obvious ...LOL....One Optical Disc is to play Jill the other is to play Chris. Maybe because of the extreme texture details, that the game couldn't hold on one disc.....who knows but it is coming on two disc....that means more hours of playing.....woot woot....I really hope they have some cool interaction between the two disc. :D

Well that does sound like a pretty reasonable idea...

more hours of playing... hmm... Will this game actually take awhile to beat compared to the other, fairly short, RE games? hhmmmmmm *rubs chin*... nah, I doubt it :p

gekko
01-30-2002, 03:45 PM
Playing time is a measure of skill. People who suck enjoy a long game. People who don't, experience the whole game before dinner, and then beat another after.

BlueFire
01-30-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by DeathsHand
Maybe they're loading in a ton of FMV and sticking in a ton of extras... ;)
Squaresoft. ;)

GameMaster
01-30-2002, 07:40 PM
Perhaps one is for a friend for online simaltaneous play. The discs both have the same barcode or something which alllows them to connect on the internet. Walking around with a friend battling zombies and aliens

GameKinG
01-30-2002, 07:55 PM
Capcom was unsuccessful with compression (the act of cramming more stuff on a disc). So they used 2. They added a lot more, so they used 2. Lots of movies, so they used 2.

That enough for you?

Blix
01-30-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by GameKinG
Capcom was unsuccessful with compression (the act of cramming more stuff on a disc). So they used 2. They added a lot more, so they used 2. Lots of movies, so they used 2.

That enough for you?
Well, actually, they did a pretty good job with RE2 on the n64. But then again, they had angel studios doig the compresion stuff. So, who knows?

Blackmane
02-10-2002, 06:43 PM
I don't really care that it is 2 discs. As long as they don't make it that you have to switch between discs it will be cool. However, since it is 2 discs I hope that the game will be just that much more enjoyable and not just a bunch of extra garbage i don't need.

The_Dunadan
02-11-2002, 08:28 PM
maybe its full of specials like some of that dvd junk. ya know, like the making of and art and previews for the others and maybe something about the movie and the developers doing there thing on it and then hidden things called easter eggs.

i dunno about the idea about different characters. i doubt there would be so many differences between them to cause reason for an other disc. right?