PDA

View Full Version : The video played on Raw...

nWoCHRISnWo
01-29-2002, 04:45 PM
So... Who else thought that video Flair played was sweet?

It was the single best wrestling video I've ever seen.

From the 80's, to the golden era of Hogan, to the new generation era of Bret Hart and HBK, to the attitude era of Austin and DX, to when WWF was having problems losing in the war with WCW showing the main reason why-nWo, to now. Showed the best champions of WWF history- Hogan-Bret-Austin-Foley-current champ Jericho. Showed the high spot part with Snuka's cage dive, Jeff hardyz big bump, etc. Showed Owen Hart smiling as a champion. Showed the screw job scene, then Bret pointing out "WCW" with his finger. Man, that was just too good.

Flair's promo/video/everything that happened tonight just made this nWo Invasion single handedly better than the whole WCW Invasion.

It truly was that damn good and reminded me of why I'm a wrestling fan.

Joeiss
01-29-2002, 06:58 PM
Hells yeah. That video was sweet. My dad was watching it, and he was naming all the old guys. It was cool. And WWF can make AMAZING movies now with all the WCW videos that they can use now.

Best video clip I have ever seen.

Snake
01-29-2002, 11:21 PM
I pretty much named everybody in that video.. man, brings back a lot of memories :(

nWoCHRISnWo
01-30-2002, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Snake
I pretty much named everybody in that video.. man, brings back a lot of memories :(

"Prett much" ? Rookie.

Snake
01-30-2002, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by nWoCHRISnWo

"Prett much" ? Rookie.

Meaning i might have missed one or two...

Joeiss
01-30-2002, 10:56 AM
Snake? What is this with your new found love in wrestling? You never talked about wrestling before, and now you claim tha you named everybody in that video??? :hmm:

Ravishing Rick Rude
01-30-2002, 11:06 AM
I couldn't name like 90 percent of the old wrestler.

Bar like Freddy Blassie and The Iron Shiek and Volkov.

Oh well, doesn't bother me

Snake
01-30-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss
Snake? What is this with your new found love in wrestling? You never talked about wrestling before, and now you claim tha you named everybody in that video??? :hmm:

I have watched wrestling almost my entire life.. but that last year or half a year... i lost interest.. so i stopped watching... but Chris told me about nwo, so I started watching again :D

nWoCHRISnWo
01-30-2002, 02:51 PM
Petit you had to have named Patterson though. LMAO did you say how gay he was (is)? I know he's gay, he holy **** he looked like a... Well a fairy.

Joeiss
01-30-2002, 03:01 PM
I liked when they showed George the Animal Steel. Damn that bugger was hairy.

Professor S
01-30-2002, 10:18 PM
Anyone notice that they showed the lineage of the Rock in that video?

They first showed High Chief Peter Maivia, then Rocky Johnson, and then The Rock. I thought that was pretty cool little addition for the hard core fan.

nWoCHRISnWo
01-30-2002, 10:56 PM
Yeah I noticed that The Strangler, but I liked Bret's spelling of "WCW" with his finger, that's damn rare footage.

But I bet more than 95% of the WWF fans have no idea about the Rock's family histroy. Even more, I bet 95% of the WWF fans had no clue what Madusa throwing the belt in the trash was all about, either.

Professor S
01-30-2002, 11:08 PM
Very true Chris. The funny thing about Medusa/Alundra Blaze is she claimed that she left because of the women's division in the WWF being soft, when during her time it was actually the best womens division west of Japan.

Look what happened to her career after she went back to WCW. LOL :D

I thought the rare footage was great, but I missed the Bret Hart WCW thing! I wish I had taped raw now.

As for that footage though, I would love to see the WWF use it more. So many wrestling fans out there have no idea about wrestling before 1995, and even more draw a blank before 1985. The WWF is now in control of the greatest video library in all of western pro wrestling, and yet they just let it sit there.

I think the WWF is seriously underestimating the demand for those tapes and those classic moments in wrestling. Can you imagine the WWF doing a "Great Moments in Wrestling" show? That would be GREAT! We could all relive the birth of the nWo, and even more, the original Four Horsemen! But instead they waste an hour of their life putting on Excess which NO ONE watches.

And how many fans don't know anything about Ric Flair before he was ancient? I think modern wrestling fans WANT to see why Ric Flair in the limousine ridin', jet flyin', kiss stealing son of a GUN! (I probably forgot a couple in there, please don't kill me)

I could go on naming ghreat moments forever, but thats kind of my point. That library is a goldmine that is being left untouched

*steps off soapbox*

Joeiss
01-30-2002, 11:13 PM
Exactly Strangler!!! WWF doesn't know what they have... They could make millions selling all of the old WWF/WCW/AWA events. I wish they made DVD Collector Edition with all of the WrestleManias and the other events too. So like, a box set for each event. That would be amazing. I know it would be expensive, but ALOT of people would still buy it.

Or maybe even they BEST OF WrestleMania 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-18 (after x-8 is done of course.) That would be AMAZING.

Professor S
01-30-2002, 11:30 PM
I agree with you 100%

I wonder how far back the WCW footage goes? The WCW was a part of the NWA for a long time. I wonder what their rights are concern the NWA footage? If they have that, the opportunities are endless.

As for the AWA though, the WWF doesn't have the rigths to that footage and they probably never will. Verne Gagne would love to see Vince McMahon eaten alive by maggots for what he did to Verne's comapany.

nWoCHRISnWo
01-31-2002, 12:06 AM
Yeah, you REALLY should have taped that Raw. :D Really though it was an all around great Raw, and that video is priceless. Of course, they'll just show it again on Smackdown and Excess again anyway.

We can already relive the birth of the nWo via the video "nWo 4 life" but I know what you mean, WWF's (Vince) screwing themselves here.

And you're so right about Excess, can you believe their "classic" matches? The three-way from KOTR 2001... That's not even a year old!

And you're even righter about how not many know about Flair and why he's such a legend. I know lots of people who think "Flair sucks because of his man breasts, why is he called a legend?" :rolleyes:

Professor S
01-31-2002, 12:13 AM
I can give the people 2 reason why Ric Flair should be called a legend by EVERYONE:

1) Flair/Steamboat 1
2) Flair/Steamboat 2

THAT is the lexicon of professional wrestling. All young wrestling hopefulls should be made to sit down and watch those matches over and over again. 2 of the greatest workers of all time in the ring puting on marathon title matches. No screw jobs, no chairs, no table, no ladders, no cheating. Just 2 of the greatest WRESTLING matches ever in history.

nWoCHRISnWo
01-31-2002, 12:20 AM
*cough*Misawa/Kawada '94*cough* ;)

But yeah, Flair and Steamboat always have fantastic matches.

Professor S
01-31-2002, 12:52 AM
YES! ANOTHER PURORESU FAN!!!

Thank God, I though I was alone out there.

Check out my list of my favorite ten amtches of all time and let me know what you think. I FORGOT ABOUT MISAWA KAWADA 94 THOUGH. Look out, I have to go edit something.

nWoCHRISnWo
01-31-2002, 12:58 AM
I'm not that big of a fan by any means, although I do like their lightweight action, Super J Cup Tourney '94 being one of my fav types (great matches + Edmonton's own Pegasus Kid takes the championship) and Miswa/Kawada '97 is also great, but I haven't seen as much as I'd like.

Edit- It's not that I don't like puro, it's that I haven't seen too too much.

Professor S
01-31-2002, 01:09 AM
Pegasus Kid
aka Chris Benoit
aka Jushin "Thuder" Lyger's NEMESIS

I loved it when he took the title. Having a westerner take the championship in such a huge match is very rare in Japan. I'm glad I have it on Tape :D

By the way, if you want a reliable source for wrestling tapes try out www.prowrestlingtapes.com

They have HUGE selection of tapes at great prices. I order 10 at a time, that way I get them for 8 bucks a tape. Otherwise their 10 bucks. Plus, every tape has a match by match listing so you know what you are getting before you order.

nWoCHRISnWo
01-31-2002, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by The Strangler
By the way, if you want a reliable source for wrestling tapes try out www.prowrestlingtapes.com

They have HUGE selection of tapes at great prices. I order 10 at a time, that way I get them for 8 bucks a tape. Otherwise their 10 bucks. Plus, every tape has a match by match listing so you know what you are getting before you order.

Heh, you didn't have to tell me that, that's where I got the J Cup '94 in the first place. And yeah, they are great.

And if for some unknown reason you wanna get screwed out of your money, try http://community-1.webtv.net/EricMace/MACETAPETRADING/

He was trustworthy for the first few times, but then... Bastard. But he does have two pics you might wanna see at the bottom of that page. :cool:

Professor S
02-03-2002, 04:35 PM
NICE!