PDA

View Full Version : Freaks,Geeks and I Guess Everything In Between

BreakABone
01-29-2002, 10:42 AM
Well living in NYC...You get exposed to a whole lot of this people.. Especially when I take the train home... there are some weird ones.....

So what type of experiences have you ever had with this type of people?

Have you ever meet that one weird person who wants to enlighten you on religion?

Have you ever encountered the man seeking donations to feed his family?

Have you ever see a purple haired girl try and stop the bus and the bust driver was willing to run her over?

Perfect Stu
01-29-2002, 10:45 AM
You don't want to know the type of people I've met...

:errr:

*runs away*

BigJustinW
01-29-2002, 11:36 AM
NYC sucks

and uh...

1) One time a lady jumped into my car asking for oney... she looked disiesed, so I kicked her out, locked her out, went home and took a long shower.

2) No

3) Never talked to one, but I have seen one

4) No

Xantar
01-29-2002, 12:43 PM
The scene is a food court. The time is 1999, back in the day when I was still doing academic competition. An otherwise ordinary looking woman approaches my teammate who I shall call Alex.

Woman: I know you. I know your destiny.

Alex: (confused stare)

Woman: You don't know it yet, but I realized who you are. You're the Messiah.

Alex: Okaaay...

Woman: I can see it. There's an aura around you.

Alex: (doing an admirable job of hiding the fact that he wants to burst out laughing)

Woman: (looking at the rest of us) You're all special. (Walks away)

I know plenty of nuts, but that was one person who immediately jumped into my mind when I read this topic.

Drunk Hobbit
01-29-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by BreakABone
Well living in NYC...You get exposed to a whole lot of this people.. Especially when I take the train home... there are some weird ones.....

Have you ever meet that one weird person who wants to enlighten you on religion?

Have you ever see a purple haired girl try and stop the bus and the bust driver was willing to run her over?

Every single day...

While on line at Cube Club a man walking down the street reached over a large crowd of people just to hand me this form to join a cult. Must be the hair...

On the subway recently there's been a lot of people yelling "Jesus Is Coming!" and preaching various things.

The man seeking donations for his family because of some unfortunate accident is extremely common. "Hello. My house has just burned down an hour ago. My family is left on the street with no place to go. And on top of that I was fired today for being disabled from a rabbid squirrel biting three of my toes off. Please help a brother out."

A girl got hit by a bus in front of my school the same day the shooting at Martin Luther King Jr. HS happened which is right across the street from my school.

Most people my age don't seem to have their natural hair color anymore. Have friends with hair every color of the rainbow. Always see people with mohawks, huge-ass afros, badly done dreads (various objects stuck inside like plastic toys), etc.

There was once this blind guy who started a conversation with this kid on the subway after smacking into his hockey stick. The blind guy was yelling very loud. "What are you about 6 feet?!" "I hear hockey can be a dangerous sport!" "What day of the week is it?!"

And then you get the occasional crazy person yelling things at themselves.

BreakABone
01-29-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Danchastu
Every single day...

While on line at Cube Club a man walking down the street reached over a large crowd of people just to hand me this form to join a cult. Must be the hair...
Was at the Cube Club and got those same papers..Weird.. not my hair....

On the subway recently there's been a lot of people yelling "Jesus Is Coming!" and preaching various things.Lucky you..Only go through it on the train..I got the bus and they are the worse..since you can't change cars.

The man seeking donations for his family because of some unfortunate accident is extremely common. "Hello. My house has just burned down an hour ago. My family is left on the street with no place to go. And on top of that I was fired today for being disabled from a rabbid squirrel biting three of my toes off. Please help a brother out."
Let's see
1)The type Danny mentioned
2)The type that brags for others
3)The ones in front of restuaraants..like we need to see you when we eat...
4)The first one I ever saw like that in my life... The quiet one.. some lady came up to me with some paper and it said she was looking food for her kids...

A girl got hit by a bus in front of my school the same day the shooting at Martin Luther King Jr. HS happened which is right across the street from my school.
Friend goes to that school..Missed the next 3 days..then it was vacation.. been out of school like 2 weeks now.. anyhow I think they discovered the boy did it because they were insulting his girlfriend

Most people my age don't seem to have their natural hair color anymore. Have friends with hair every color of the rainbow. Always see people with mohawks, huge-ass afros, badly done dreads (various objects stuck inside like plastic toys), etc.
Hmm purple hair girl was my friend..I've seen red,blue, green and mixtures..I've seen toys in the hair as design... afros are common in my school (Just cut mines yesterday)

gekko
01-29-2002, 03:56 PM
1) Ya, so I was at church meeting dealy. Damn people kept going on and on about religion. They just wouldn't shut up. Also come across these jahobo (sp?) witness peeps. So damn annoying. Going door to door trying to convince people to change their beliefs. Idiots. Wow, here's an idea, let's go door-to-door and convince people to believe the world is flat!

2) No, but in Chicago some lady kept bothering me for money so she could catch a bus home. The women felt sorry for her, I said "Sorry, don't got any money" as I stood outside an expensive resteraunt waiting for some tables to clear up :D Also walking through downtown Minneapolis at night will always get you run into a few drunk guys who just walked out of a bar asking for change.

3) No, but I'd like to see that.

TheGrimReaper
01-29-2002, 04:07 PM
No, but I have had an experience with a person who wasnt.....quite right....

Anywayz me and about 5 other mates were at the bus stop all goin to my mates to stay the night. And we waited there cause the bus driver was reading the paper, which we didnt have a problem with, we werent in a hurry. So anyway this guy trys to get on (He wasnt quite right in teh head me thinks) and the bus driver wouldnt let him. It was obvious that this guy had caused up trouble before, but then the guy pointed to us and said "WELL WHY DID YOU LET THOSE MOTHER******* on!?"

It was funny :D

DeathsHand
01-29-2002, 04:25 PM
Just today I was locking my bike outside a 7-11, and there was some raggedy black guy out in front and he was like "He's up there"... and I just kinda looked at him for a second, then he said "He's up there in the stratosphere"... and I just said "yep" and went into the 7-11 :p

When I was like 7 I think... maybe 8, me and my friend were riding our bikes down by a school... and there were some teenagers down this hill in a wooded area... and they were like "Hey kids, c'mere"... but we just stood there... and then we turned around and went back up to the main road, and we were taking a little break there, and the teenagers come walking up the path and were like "C'mon, we're not gonna kill you." So we rode back to my house :p

then on 4th of July, we had a bunch of illegal fireworks, and there was this guy sitting in the park, alone, just like watching us... then eventually he gets up, goes to his car, opens his trunk (he didn't have anything with him in the park, BTW), closes the trunk, gets in the car, drives to the entrance to the street we were on (which is a dead-end street) and stops.... then eventually turns and heads here, so we run into the house and he drives down the street sloooowly... then leaves... then we go back out, and my brother comes to tell me I had to go home... weeeelll, while my brother (who was like 21 or so at the time) was still there, the guy came back... and he drove up to us and was just like "Are your parents here?" and we said no... and he drove away... I wonder what he was up too... hmm *rubs chin*

then of course you get a lot of people walking down the street talking to themselves about nothing... aaaand lots of other weird people... :p

I havn't run into any REALLY weird freaky people though...

BlueFire
01-29-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by DeathsHand

When I was like 7 I think... maybe 8, me and my friend were riding our bikes down by a school... and there were some teenagers down this hill in a wooded area... and they were like "Hey kids, c'mere"... but we just stood there... and then we turned around and went back up to the main road, and we were taking a little break there, and the teenagers come walking up the path and were like "C'mon, we're not gonna kill you." So we rode back to my house :p

LOL. Um..have you ever seen them before?

Well...I really don't have weird experiences, but there was this one time where I was in the mall with my friend looking for a game, and he starts asking my friend if he can take a shower. My friend stood there silent not knowing what to say, and then the man ran over into the fountain and swam in it and jumped and even drank the water. Then security came, and the guy ran out. Everybody stood there thinking he was a maniac or an escaped psychopath. The funny thing is he probably was. Heh. :p

Perfect Stu
01-29-2002, 05:26 PM
Okay...this won't be pretty, but I've met some VERY strange people in Downtown Toronto...

1) This woman came up to me and kept calling me her son and that she finally found me. She tried to touch me but I went kung-fu on her ass (okay, so I only said "back the hell up" and pushed her arm away, but it was still cool). When I walked away she started crying, saying something like "he's running away from me again!"

2) This crazy man walked into EB while myself, along with a few other people were in there. He picked up this one PC game box and started yelling at it in a foreign language that didn't sound familiar to me. When he was asked to leave, he started throwing magazines around. It was hilarious.

3) This old man starting humping the stairs in my local mall once. Security came and took him away.

4) Some homeless lady downtown was lying in the corner of this alley, then she walked out in to the middle of the street and started signing this song supposedly from some Broadway musical (my parents told me they recognized the song). People were honking their horns and yelling at her...one of the craziest things I've ever seen.

^^^^
Those are just a few examples I remember...*shudder*

LoudHowardZERO
01-29-2002, 05:32 PM
Me :D

gekko
01-29-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by DeathsHand
then on 4th of July, we had a bunch of illegal fireworks, and there was this guy sitting in the park, alone, just like watching us... then eventually he gets up, goes to his car, opens his trunk (he didn't have anything with him in the park, BTW), closes the trunk, gets in the car, drives to the entrance to the street we were on (which is a dead-end street) and stops.... then eventually turns and heads here, so we run into the house and he drives down the street sloooowly... then leaves... then we go back out, and my brother comes to tell me I had to go home... weeeelll, while my brother (who was like 21 or so at the time) was still there, the guy came back... and he drove up to us and was just like "Are your parents here?" and we said no... and he drove away... I wonder what he was up too... hmm *rubs chin*

Haha. He was going to kidnap you :D

Actually, I shouldn't laugh. I was riding my bike, we'll say I was in like 3rd or 4th grade, and I was at the park. This dark grey car with tinted windows is parked on the parking lot. Not moving or notin. I eventually leave, going around the long way to my house (avoiding passing the car). He then slowly goes forward. I wasn't worried at first, I could take him. Then i realized how old I was, and started to ride a little faster. He kept his distance, but never actually went fast, so I knew something was up. I started riding around the streets, taking about 20 turns and not going anywhere, and he was still following me. Finally I was stuck crossing a busy street, no stopping for cars, just darted accross. Hid behind a school, and saw him pull up next to it. He stayed there for a few seconds, and then left. Pretty freaky.

BreakABone
01-29-2002, 07:15 PM
Well I was never as lucky as DsH and Gekko but was able to scare some people.....

Well as most of you know I'm black...It has a point in this story.. This was about when I was in 7th-8th grade... I was never fond of public transportation (Till not just my school is too far to walk).. so I walked the 13 blocks or so home... I was never fond of hats in Junior High School..So I always wore a sweater with a hood on it to cover my head....So I'm walking home.. hood on my head and my jacket..With my bookbag... I reach my block.. was about 7-8 houses away from mines and I was walking behind this old lady and her husband.. All of a sudden she starts to speed up.. till rather slow so I begin to catch up to her.. minding my business.. So she starts to slow down and move to the side.. I continue walking.. and reach up pretty close to her... She turns around to me and starts yelling at me.. saying "You want to rob me go ahead"... I look at her funnie and just continue on my way.. The old lady till standing there screaming at me.. she wairs until I reach far enough ahead of her to start walking again.. I just go home.. Funnie lady.. odd with an attire can make people think.

Joeiss
01-29-2002, 07:59 PM
Wow... I have had some wierd experiences in my day.

1) At my local mall, this guy started following me and a couple of my friends. We didn't think too much of it, until he starting twitching and trying to body check us. He thought he was playing hockey, and we were the other team (well, at least that is what he told the security after). While he was doing this, my friend dumped a bottle of Coke on the guy's clothes, and then my other friend body checked him from behind. It was quite funny.

2) A couple of months ago, my friend and I went to a Leaf game against Tampa Bay. We took the subway from Union, after the game, north to Fairview. We got off, and this guy started stalking us. I realized it, but my friend didn't. Then we remembered that we had to call his mom, so we turned around and went to the phones. The stalker got confused, then started walking to us, then he ran away screaming about something. It was wierd.

3) On the bus that I take from school to my house, this guy gets on sometimes. He always asks for pens and pencils because his 16 children are too poor to buy their own. We always give him pencils, the first 4 times. But then he started coming onto the bus too often, so we just ignore him now. And he hasn't been on the bus for about 3 weeks now! Thank God.

Hahaha... Those were the days.

GameMaster
01-29-2002, 09:38 PM
I wouldn't consider people seeking donations to feed their family weird. Just unfortunate :(

The average american family is about one paycheck away from being homeless.

Ridley
01-30-2002, 03:42 PM

*knows he's had quite a few experiences with some weird people but just can't think of any right now*

:(

Some Jehovah's witness guy came to my house one day. When he started talking about all that's wrong in the world and ****, I just slowly closed the door and locked it :D.

Yeah I was waiting in my car for someone in a parking lot one time and this deaf-mute (it said so on the piece of paper attached to the keychains) came up to me wanting me to buy these $3 keychains from him to help his family. I found this guy to seem phony, so I tested him. I looked at the piece of paper attached to them (not looking at him) and said "What does this say?". Of course I wasn't really expecting him to fall for it... but sure enough "Oh it says....(whatever it was he said)". Then he had a startled look then ran away. I shook my head and rolled the window back up again ;).

I've seen lots of purple-haired girls, but not ones that are involved in that situation :unsure:.