PDA

View Full Version : Xbox launch line-up

Bond
01-28-2002, 06:00 PM
Varese, 23rd January 02, after succeeding in the acquisition of Microsoft Xbox hardware and software distribution in Italy, Leader is announcing a complete lineup of third-party titles available during the launch period of the console, which starts on 14th March 2002.

Together with the distribution of athe entire Microsoft lineup of titles (which will include Dead Or Alive 3, Project Gotham, Halo, Fuzion Frenzy, Blood Wake, Oddoworld Munch’s Oddysee, Rally Sport Challenge and Amped), Leader will also launch:

Maddash Racing (Eidos)
Scudetto 01/02 (Championship Manager- Eidos)
Commandos 2 (Eidos)
Blood Omen 2 (Eidos)
Wreckless (Activision)
Crash (Rage)

This excellent range of top class titles confirms Leader as the main source for 3rd party Xbox software as well as strenghthening its position in the next generation console business.

Leader will shortly announce the next wave of 3rd party titles which will arrive during the months immediately following the launch.

Maximama
01-28-2002, 07:25 PM
Commandos 2 will be really cool.

Bond
01-28-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Maximama
Commandos 2 will be really cool.
Yeah, I thought the lineup is pretty good. It's missing Gun Valkyrie and Jet Set Radio Future though. Also some sports games would be nice, but maybe they are not big there.

Angrist
01-29-2002, 09:22 AM
Only soccer games are 'big' here. That's why GCN's launching with 2 of them :D

That release list doesn't impress me.

Maximama
01-29-2002, 04:08 PM
I'm not a big fan of soccer, or soccer games. Hockey games are really fun, and I guess its sort of like soccer, if you compare the similarities.

Professor S
01-30-2002, 09:59 PM
Angrist, that launch list doesn't impress you?

Hmmm... makes me wonder...:hmm:

Angrist
01-31-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by The Strangler
Angrist, that launch list doesn't impress you?

Hmmm... makes me wonder...:hmm: Halo is good, so are DoA3 (?) and PGR. The other games are average.

But then again, the Cube launch games don't really impress me either! It's like they left out half of the best games and put in 15 average ones!

Professor S
01-31-2002, 11:02 AM
Well, try to remember that these are LAUNCH titles. You want something to look forward to don't you?

When I got my X-Box, I spent about 3 weeks playing Halo (AMAZING, you have to play it) alone, and I never even touched DOA3 or Madden. By the time I was finally through with Halo, Max Payne came out. I was GOLDEN.

It ws nearly a month and a half before I seriously started playing Madden and DOA3.

From what I see, THAT launch list is better than the American launch list. Wreckless is looking to be a great game in the tradition of Driver. America didn't get that one at launch. Or Commandos 2 or Blood Omen 2.

The true test is going to be what games are going to be release AFTER the European launch and when they are going to be released. If you have to wait 2 or 3 months for another game, then you really have something to be unimpressed about.

Maximama
01-31-2002, 04:01 PM
I doubt you will have to wait that long. I quote Balmer "Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers continued till infinity......"

Bond
01-31-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Angrist
Halo is good, so are DoA3 (?) and PGR. The other games are average.

But then again, the Cube launch games don't really impress me either! It's like they left out half of the best games and put in 15 average ones!
I don't think Xbox's launch line-up in Italy is any worse than GameCube's launch line-up in Japan.