PDA

View Full Version : DragonBall Z on the Cube

BreakABone
01-28-2002, 03:14 PM
Just got my new GamePro

And DragonBall Z was the cover story this month. Well there are DBZ games planned for most all systems.. not sure if all will be released *cough X-Box version cough*..Anyhow..the little info known on the GC version thus far....

The GameCube version will be a mixture of RPG and action adventure. The game will have a self contained plot and enable you to play as over 30 characters from the DBZ universe. The game will also feature some fighting elements. The game will only be for a single player unlike the planned Ps2 game and is schedule to come out in 2003.

the biggest news on the game front is it's yet another game that plans on making use of the GBA-GC connectivity. The game will be able to link with the GBA games (Legacy of Goku being the first in the trilogy), and you will be able to transfer power ups, characters and other stuff between the two systems.

Shadow Fox
01-28-2002, 03:32 PM
Damn you, you get your GP before me....

*runs outside to check mail*

*finds nothing but bills*

Damn you Yankees!!! Damn you Californians, too...:mad:

Gamer
01-28-2002, 03:51 PM
Hmm, well that sounds very interesting, i am very interested to find out what the GBA-GCN link will be like. And i wanna see how they make it work.

Ginkasa
01-28-2002, 03:54 PM
I didn't know there was a DBZ game for the Cube....

I just thought it was for the GBA....

Shadow_Link
01-28-2002, 04:10 PM
Well, let's just hope this one doesn't turn out as bad as the previous incarnations :D.

I'll keep this one in the corner of my eye... :p

Bond
01-28-2002, 05:55 PM
Oh joy! A Dragon Ball Z game for Gamecube.

*Points gun at side of head.*

fingersman
01-28-2002, 09:08 PM
Well I hope it's good..there hasn't been a good DBZ since they started making them........I want to play Vegita. :D

*practices big bang attack*
BIG BANG ATTACK

Xantar
01-28-2002, 09:09 PM
Can I borrow that gun after you're done, Bond?

Really, this is one of those games where the subject matter alone is enough to kill it for me. You have no idea how much I detest the Dragon Ball Z series (or maybe you do, in which case I applaud your good taste).

I suppose it will attract more fans, but I still am not looking forward to this title in any way.

Here's hoping it gets overshadowed by a game like Perfect Dark or Too Human.

*grabs a Goku doll and stomps on it for good measure*

fingersman
01-28-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Xantar

Really, this is one of those games where the subject matter alone is enough to kill it for me. You have no idea how much I detest the Dragon Ball Z series (or maybe you do, in which case I applaud your good taste).

I suppose it will attract more fans, but I still am not looking forward to this title in any way.

Why do you hate DBZ??
And if the game was really good, wouldn't you buy it??

Jason1
01-28-2002, 11:08 PM

Damn Straight! My brother is absolutely wild about that ****. Hes like spending all his money on DBZ cards...im like are you fricking nutz? Its just Pokemon all over again, but he insists its much better than pokemon...my ass it is.

Xantar
01-28-2002, 11:23 PM
The difference between Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z (in my opinion):

Pokemon is based off a very good game, whether you want to admit it or not.

Dragon Ball Z is based off a very bad TV series. If you don't see what makes it so bad and insulting to the intelligence, I won't bother explaining it to you.

BreakABone
01-28-2002, 11:30 PM
The difference between Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z (in my opinion):

Pokemon is based off a very good game, whether you want to admit it or not.

Dragon Ball Z is based off a very bad TV series. If you don't see what makes it so bad and insulting to the intelligence, I won't bother explaining it to you.

There is nothng insutling about DBZ..I mean everyone knows you can stretch 5 mins to last 6 30 mins show..
Everyone knows you can survive a planet blowing up with you even if you cna't breath in space...
I find nothng insulting about DBZ:p

Ginkasa
01-29-2002, 03:48 PM
Dragon Ball Z is based off a very bad TV series.

DBZ is based off a very GOOD manga series (which IMO is better than the show because its doesn't have as many plot holes as the show) called Dragonball.

GameMaster
01-29-2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Fox
Damn you Californians, too...:mad:
Watch what you say about Californians little fella ;)

Pokémon is based off a very good game, whether you want to admit or not.

*in a rapper's voice* Way to re-pre-sent the Pokémon

LoudHowardZERO
01-30-2002, 06:02 PM
DBZ, What were they thinking!?!?

Snake
01-30-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by LoudHowardZERO
DBZ, What were they thinking!?!?

What were you thinking when you posted this garbage? Along with all your other useless posts..

Shadow Fox
01-30-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Gamemaster2002

Watch what you say about Californians little fella
WTF?? "Little fella"?? Maybe I need to introduce you to my M-16....:mad:

Besides, I did get my GamePro that day; that was Saturday's mail I picked up....

And to all flaming BaB for posting this, if it makes you feel any better, DBZ is also coming out for Xbox and PS2, so get over it. However, I'd prefer Ranma1/2 games over DBZ anyday....:unsure:

Ridley
01-30-2002, 10:19 PM
And to all flaming BaB for posting this, if it makes you feel any better, DBZ is also coming out for Xbox and PS2, so get over it. However, I'd prefer Ranma1/2 games over DBZ anyday....:unsure:

Well I'd prefer some Gundam games over DBZ or Ranma myself. But no 2-D fighter ones :mad:. That one that's coming out soon for the PS2 looks interesting.

This isn't exactly related to the topic, but I wish they'd bring Blue Gender (the Anime series) to Canada or at least to a TV station that I have. I'd like to see what it's like. It looks interesting to me :(. Anyone ever see it?

GameMaster
01-30-2002, 11:30 PM
WTF?? "Little fella"?? Maybe I need to introduce you to my M-16....:mad:

*rewinds time*
"Watch what you say about Californians...big fella..."
*Angers SF again*
*Runs into a portal in fear of being introduced*

Ginkasa
01-31-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Ridley

This isn't exactly related to the topic, but I wish they'd bring Blue Gender (the Anime series) to Canada or at least to a TV station that I have. I'd like to see what it's like. It looks interesting to me :(. Anyone ever see it?

I've never seen it but I've heard that its not very good.

Blackmane
02-10-2002, 06:46 PM
I got a demo off of Morpheus for the GameCube DBZ game, and it was cel-shaded and slow moving. :(

BreakABone
02-10-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Blackmane
I got a demo off of Morpheus for the GameCube DBZ game, and it was cel-shaded and slow moving. :(

Hmm this reply isn't only a few days late, but as far as I can tell also incorrect.

The art I saw for the game so far was in full 3D and featured no real characters except that cat dude thingy...

I don't know but the game is not cel-shaded last I checked.

Blackmane
02-10-2002, 09:50 PM
Hmm, maybe I'm mistaken. Oh well...