PDA

View Full Version : Super Monkey Ball

Heyyoudvd
01-27-2002, 10:14 PM
is it just me, or is this the hardest game ever made?

I can't even come close to beating Advanced, let alone expert.

The farthest I've made it in Advanced is to Floor 16 out of 30, and since you can't save the game, I have to restart every time I lose all the continues.

Aside fro the insane difficulty, it's a pretty good game.

Snake
01-27-2002, 10:15 PM
Pratice makes perfect... I beat the game with only two broken controllers :D

N8
01-27-2002, 10:32 PM
I've gotten to like 34 on expert with 9 continues, most of which being spent on the latter 2, but I haven't played it much.
To answer your question, no, it isn't the hardest game ever created, some of the levels are pretty insane though.
Could be one of the hardest games ever, but not THE hardest IMO.

Heyyoudvd
01-27-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by N8
I've gotten to like 34 on expert with 9 continues, most of which being spent on the latter 2, but I haven't played it much.
To answer your question, no, it isn't the hardest game ever created, some of the levels are pretty insane though.
Could be one of the hardest games ever, but not THE hardest IMO.

9 continues? How did you get 9 continues? (I just the game toeday,so I still havea lot to learn)

Also, what games have you played that are harder? I can't imagine a harder game.

BTW, has anyone managed to cross the guitar (about halfway through advanced mode) on the 0.1 strings? I'm not even gonna try that.

Snake
01-27-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Heyyoudvd

9 continues? How did you get 9 continues? (I just the game toeday,so I still havea lot to learn)

The more play points, the more continues you earn.. Then evetually you earn unlimited continues.

Heyyoudvd
01-27-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Snake

The more play points, the more continues you earn.. Then evetually you earn unlimited continues.

how do you earn play points? Is it just by passing levels, or also collecting bananas?

Also, how many points do you need for continues? 2500 for each of the 3 mini-games, but how many for continues?

N8
01-28-2002, 07:12 AM
2500 for each bump in the number of continues. You get play points by just playing one player mode, the more you play it, the more points you'll get. I've got 10 continues now and after that you get unlim. And to answer your question about a harder game. PD on Perfect Agent is much harder. This game isn't that hard, just takes some getting used to. If you don't have good hand eye coordination, I could see how this game would be next to impossible tho.

And yes, I did cross the guitar on the 0.1 string, the furthest one to the right, but I only did it once just so I could say I did it. That took me like 10 min of nothing but trying to do that.

Shadow Fox
01-28-2002, 09:53 AM
My God this game killed my sanity; I'm just now getting some good fun out of Madden and NFL Fever because of Super Monkey Ball. Expert stages are insane, especially the one where you have to go up this long, steep incline that's only a centimeter wide!!!:mad:

Anybody played the staff page (credits level)? Amusement Vision is insane; this is one wierd stage. I'm hoping Gekko can make any sense of this, because it seems this game was made to destroy our sanity playing it solo....:unsure:

gekko
01-28-2002, 03:58 PM
The inclines are simple. Line your self up behind it, and go as fast as you can up to the top. The slower you go, the easier it is to tip. If you have to move on it, barely move the control stick and slowly come back to center. Not too hard.

And you have to play the staff page the first time. After that you can skip it. It's just for fun, you don't get anything by collecting a lot of banannas.

Not the hardest game in the world, fun for sure. Just takes practice, and concentration. Most of the levels can be beaten fairly easily. Like just running through them as fast as you can. It just takes practice, and geting used to the game.