PDA

View Full Version : The Scorpion King

C.H
01-27-2002, 11:30 AM
Now, i'm guessing that not everyone has heard of this, otherwise i wouldn't be posting it.

But for those who have seen Mummy 2, and were expecting 'The Rock' to make an appearance. Well, theres a spin off movie being made, which stars The Rock playing the same character he played from The Mummy 2. But based 5000 years before The Mummy 2.
I've only just found out about it here (http://filmforce.ign.com/scorpionking/).

So i thought that maybe some of you who haven't, might appricate this little bit of news.

(And heres a little pic)
http://ffmedia.ign.com/scorpionking/image/sk19-sm.jpg

To be onast, i was a little disapointed with The Mummy 2, but this idea sounds promising. Weather the film turns out to be any good, i don't know. But i will go to see it when it comes out on cinema.

Your thoughts!!!

BreakABone
01-27-2002, 11:42 AM
I heard of the movie..And no it's not because I'm a big fan of wrestling or the fact that the guy missed four monthsd of last year to film the movie or the fact that he is missing a little action now to film some extra scene.. nor the fact that without the Rock we had to suffer through 2 months as UnderTaker as the main WWF face......

But yes I've heard of the movie..I don't know about the Rock as an actor though (Is it just me or does he suffer from that Hogan complex.. I mean the guy's real name is Dwayne Johnson).. the movie sounds interesting but like the Mummy Returns 2 ..I will not just watch a movie for a damn nameskae like the Rock.. boy did a bunch of people see the Mummy Returns for the Rock.. argh

Revival
01-27-2002, 11:45 AM
Haven't heard of it, don't really care :D

Angrist
01-27-2002, 12:21 PM
I haven't even seen The Mummy Returns yet! :eek:

Revival
01-27-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Angrist
I haven't even seen The Mummy Returns yet! :eek:
Same here.

The Germanator
01-27-2002, 02:09 PM
I haven't seen either of the Mummy's because they looked so crappy.

Neo
01-27-2002, 02:14 PM
The first one is worth seeing, but the second one is just horrible.

Shadow_Link
01-27-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by The Germanator
I haven't seen either of the Mummy's because they looked so crappy.

Ditto... I can't believe how people can endure such absolutely eye gouging trash!

Ginkasa
01-27-2002, 04:02 PM
The first one was pretty good. The second one was nasty, trying to make their family some sort of destined warrior family or something.....

Not a good movie at all....

TheGrimReaper
01-27-2002, 06:35 PM
The first one was very good, I mean there were holes and stuff, but there are holes in every movie.

The second one was tragic. Absaloutly tragic. The worst sequel I have ever seen.

And The Scorpion King? This one doesnt look too promising.

UncleNoName
01-27-2002, 06:41 PM
Am I the only one that liked The Mummy Returns? I thought it was a great movie, I didn't see any major problems with it. Yeah, there were a few things here or there, but I thought it was a good movie.

C'mon, was it really that bad?

TheGrimReaper
01-27-2002, 06:51 PM
Well in my opinion, it was. The storyline was all over the place, the script was horrible, the effects were nothing new and there were LOTS of holes.

But then again, thats just me.

The_Dunadan
01-27-2002, 08:34 PM
its going to suck. it has the rock returning as a character froma movie that not many people liked. you might be entertained while watching it in the theater but i doubt you'll think it was great or anything. probably reget spending money on it the next day or two.

drolldurham
01-27-2002, 09:25 PM
A wrestler doing what he does best - act! ha, cause... see, he's... a wrestler and.... it's...... fake.........

*walks sadly away from his lame joke*

Mechadragon
01-27-2002, 11:34 PM
The Mummy Returns: The funniest thing ever! First, they add in all this crap that makes no sense whatsoever and then they act like Rock is one of the main character or something and then he's only in there about 5 minutes:lol:

Angrist
01-28-2002, 04:22 AM
My lidl bro really liked The Mummy Returns... dunno why though... =/

fingersman
01-28-2002, 09:07 AM
I liked the moomy returns ....I just came to enjoy the movie and that was it......The story line was the same old...conquer the world plot ..just like it was in the first one. So I didn't pay much attention to it...I just sat down and enjoyed the action....and ran about in the cinema when I saw the Rock for the first time. :D Only problem, which I seem to have with most movies is the final character the person has to beat....and this one sorta sucked IMO. :D