PDA

View Full Version : Don't Give Equal Rights To Anyone

gekko
01-27-2002, 10:55 AM
I've come to the conclusion, we should not give equal rights to anyone. Cause we judt end up screwing everything up, and pampering the people who are supposed to be "equal."

Case 1: Blacks
It began that they wanted equal rights. And if i was them, I would too. So they get equal rights, but it doesn't stop there. Then it goes to schools being forced to accept a certain number of black kids. Uhh excuse me? If they're too stupid to be accepted, why are they accepting them to fill quota? That seems pretty stupid. Equal is supposed to means equal, without prejeduce. It doesn't mean so many of one race, so many of another. Hell, look at the NBA. If you forced every team to have 10 white guys, all the teams would suck. Also, some scholarships are only for minorities. But no scholarships are for white kids. Is that equal? Not only that (which was just politicans being stupid), but racism has almost turned around. White people can get in trouble if they say racist remarks about blacks, but it doesn't work the other way around. Look at Mike Tyson :) Look at the Kings of Comedy, making fun of white people. Hell, look at BET. If we had WET there would be civil rights people going crazy. I thought equal rights meant equal. I guess it wasn't clearly explained, kind of like "All men are created equal."

It's great that people get equal rights and all, but we've gotten to the point where we're pamering them. Give them equal rights, and then let them have all this stuff special for them. Wasn't that what the civil rights movement was going against? Special things for whites and blacks? But now it's perfectly alright to give the minority something special, but no longer the majority. I guess Washington is too afraid to put their foot down, and make things equal. I mean, if we want things to be equal, why do we call them African-Americans? I mean, they're not African-Americans. An African-American would be someone born in Africa, who moved to America. They are Americans, just like the white kids born in America. They're not German-Americans, are they? If you want them to be treated equal, stop calling them by special names, just let them be called Americans. Now onto case 2:

Case 2: Women
Again, we have the stupid laws trying to make things equal. Schools can't have certain sports teams if they don't have a team for women. WTF is that? If girls at the school aren't interested in the sport, guys shouldn't have to suffer. Stupid laws. Now, a baby is created from a man, and a woman. But how come the only time the father matters if when the woman wants money? If a woman wants an abortion, she can have one. The father doesn't have a choice in the matter. So if the baby is an inconvienence for the woman, she can get rid of it. Can the guy do that? Of course not, she'll go to court and force you to pay child support payments. That's not fair. And sexual harrassment laws. It's in the eye of the beholder? Excuse me? We live in a country where things must be proven, and now I can go to jail over word of mouth? And it happens a lot too. You have sex, then you leave her. She gets pissed, then considers it date rape. She goes and has you convicted of rape.

Here's just another case where equal rights gone bad. I could've sworn equal meant the same for both. If i said I was raped I'm sure I would be laughed at.

Equal rights have become such a joke. I'm just sick of it.

Bond
01-27-2002, 11:00 AM
Wow, I actually 100% agree with gekko. Enforcing equal rights just makes the problem worse.

Ravishing Rick Rude
01-27-2002, 11:00 AM
I Agree totally.

Black civil rights is a very controversial topic though, your comments about the " Racism Turn around" Hit the nail on the head.

BreakABone
01-27-2002, 11:04 AM
That post seems to be so ful of ignorance but yet actually has a point and quite frankly it seems quite honest.....

The fact of the matter is the United States most likely feels "guilty" for the way people were treated and are trying to make it up for them.. Apparently they don't realize by making it up they are turning the tide so it's unequal.. but you have to realize that it's not equal for any side.. Everyone till has there ups and downs....I mean yeah I can se the problem with all black scholarships.. but they are just trying to give them a "chance" and the women sports teams..well I don't think we have a problem like that here in NYC.. or maybe it was an old one so I really can't comment on that one.. I know we have quite a few female team..and IMO my female basketball team is much better than the males.. but that's another point....

I mean it will take a while for any country to actually work out what it means for equal rights... I mean look at communism.. they wanted to make an economic system where everyone is equal.. yet the money is kept in the hands of the gov't.. and frankly you should get out what you put in...

I mean why should I gwet $10 for working my arse off for 12 hours and someone else get $10 fot only working 6

gekko
01-27-2002, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by BreakABone
I mean why should I gwet $10 for working my arse off for 12 hours and someone else get $10 fot only working 6

Because I'm the one working 6 :D

The sports team things were a law, at least at one point. Nothing wrong with women sports teams, but they forced the school to have a team, even if the interest wasn't there. And if say, not enough women wanted to play basketball, they couldn't have a guys team either.

Also, some sports, like wrestling, shouldn't be avaliable to women. I don't care who they are, as he guy wrestling her, if you touch her in the wrong place, it's sexual harassment, plain and simple. And remember, it's in the eye of the beholder, it's not her fault for wrestling, it's your fault for not limiting yourself to the other parts of her body.

Ravishing Rick Rude
01-27-2002, 11:13 AM
but if a Woman grabs you in the nuts, it is only a slip of the hand, no trouble there is it?

Shadow_Link
01-27-2002, 11:15 AM
That's a brilliant point Gekko... Like Bond, I 100% agree with you.

BreakABone
01-27-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by D_Beckham7
but if a Woman grabs you in the nuts, it is only a slip of the hand, no trouble there is it?
haha that is another issue of equal rights...

Guys are at a disadvantage at like everything.. You are nice to a girl at work it's sexual harassment...

Yet if a girl is nice to a guy..she is just trying to make friends

And ofcourse there is the whole sport business.. Can't be too rough with them they are sensitive, can't touch them in half their bodies or it's harassment...

ARGH what a world

Revival
01-27-2002, 11:39 AM
I agree 100% with gekko - equal protection is a good and bad thing.

At this point in time, it seems to be doing more bad than good.

Ginkasa
01-27-2002, 01:47 PM
I agree......

That's all....

Xantar
01-27-2002, 04:10 PM
Note: I do not necessarily disagree with gekko as much as this post may imply. I'm just playing Devil's Advocate.

What do we mean by "equal rights?"

Let's take the black scholarships for an example. Do blacks have an equal right to attend college? Legally, yes. Realistically, no. On average, it's just a fact that blacks have access to worse education and are poorer. Therefore, they are less attractive to colleges on average through no fault of their own.

Is this right? Are the rights of blacks really "equal" to the rights of whites? Should we not give a little boost to those black students who have the motivation and willingness to learn but don't have the financial or educational resources?

Or let's look at women's sports. I know a school that used to only have men's sports. The women weren't interested. The school was forced by the law gekko mentioned to incorporate women's sports into its program. After a bit of a bumpy start, suddenly the women seemed to get very interested in athletics. They just weren't interested in sports before because they hadn't had an opportunity to participate.

Was that such a bad thing?

Bond
01-27-2002, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Xantar
Note: I do not necessarily disagree with gekko as much as this post may imply. I'm just playing Devil's Advocate.

What do we mean by "equal rights?"

Let's take the black scholarships for an example. Do blacks have an equal right to attend college? Legally, yes. Realistically, no. On average, it's just a fact that blacks have access to worse education and are poorer. Therefore, they are less attractive to colleges on average through no fault of their own.

Is this right? Are the rights of blacks really "equal" to the rights of whites? Should we not give a little boost to those black students who have the motivation and willingness to learn but don't have the financial or educational resources?

Or let's look at women's sports. I know a school that used to only have men's sports. The women weren't interested. The school was forced by the law gekko mentioned to incorporate women's sports into its program. After a bit of a bumpy start, suddenly the women seemed to get very interested in athletics. They just weren't interested in sports before because they hadn't had an opportunity to participate.

Was that such a bad thing?
It's not 'the whites' fault that 'the blacks' don't have as any opportunities statistically. It's just the pick of the draw.

Equal rights are just too complicated to get into. If you give more money to African American students then you'll be called racist. If you don't give more money to them then you'll be called racist. What I do is just stick out of it.

Kitana85
01-27-2002, 04:37 PM
I actually agree with Gekko to an extent as well. As what Xantar said, sometimes the chance just isn't there.. but still... people need to get over themselves sometimes... and realize that equal rights for different people are stupid anyway because we're all pretty much the same anyway....

Revival
01-27-2002, 04:57 PM
Well, I learned all about this in my American Government class..

My places will hold spots so they can be balanced. For example:

A college has 20 spaces open, but they need 15 more black students to even out the population of blacks and whites in the campus. 15 black kids apply, but they are of below average intelligence. 20 white kids apply, all of above average intelligence. The college would then accept 15 black kids and 5 white.
How is that even remotely fair? You should pick the person who is more talented - not whoever fills up your majority - or evens something out.

I am all for equal rights, but not in this case -- giving people who aren't qualified because the company/college/whatever needs them to even something out.

It's just plain stupid.

DeathsHand
01-27-2002, 05:26 PM
I would also like to say I agree with gekko...

I would add more stuff but eehhhh he about summed up how I felt... so I'll just leave now...

TheGrimReaper
01-27-2002, 06:24 PM
Yeah, some people just need to get back down to Earth.

ed328
01-28-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Bond

It's not 'the whites' fault that 'the blacks' don't have as any opportunities statistically. It's just the pick of the draw.

Actually it is. It wasn't until the 1960's that laws started beng made that made it illegal to discriminate, and it still goes on. Black people were held back from possile oppurtunities because of racism. They never had the opportunity to advance their life style and were thus held back which is why now they don't have as many opportunites statistically speaking. As time has progressed, the trend has been somewhat reversed but there is still a lot of racism in the world.

Gamer
01-28-2002, 04:03 PM
Good thinking Gekko! I agree fully.:cool:

LoudHowardZERO
01-28-2002, 07:42 PM
Does bring up some intreasting points.... but still we need it or they will complain more... raises too amny questions..

fingersman
01-28-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by ed328

Actually it is. It wasn't until the 1960's that laws started beng made that made it illegal to discriminate, and it still goes on. Black people were held back from possile oppurtunities because of racism. They never had the opportunity to advance their life style and were thus held back which is why now they don't have as many opportunites statistically speaking. As time has progressed, the trend has been somewhat reversed but there is still a lot of racism in the world.

Thank you for pointing that out before I did. Blacks were enslaved over 400 years I think ...or was it 300 years?? Neways blacks are still discriminated today and racism is still exist partically with the older generation. I really think black people should be further, however, they fight amongst each other and just try and pull each other down....that pisses me off. I really hate that mentalilty some black people have. *sigh*

BTW I do't think they will ever be any such as equal rights in this world we live in.