PDA

View Full Version : More FPS Loving for the Cube?

BreakABone
01-26-2002, 04:25 PM
Well Agent Under Fire has yet to be released for GameCube but according to EGM a second Bond game is in the wroks for GC,X-Box and PS2.

This game will mix 1st and 3rd person views. The current title of the game is Phoenix Rising and it's due out in winter 2k2.

fingersman
01-26-2002, 04:48 PM
EWwwwwwww...everysince goldeneye ...all the bond games aren't that good anymore, not that I'm a good judge on FPS since the only one I really liked was GE and I only use to play Mutliplayer. :D

Ginkasa
01-26-2002, 06:34 PM
Oh... cool..... I guess...

Snake
01-26-2002, 07:28 PM
Every since Bond left Rare, they totally suck juicy monkey balls.

:D

BigJustinW
01-26-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Snake
Every since Bond left Rare, they totally suck juicy monkey balls.

:D

LOL, don't you mean Super Monkey Balls? ;)

and uh I think PD was better than Goldeneye, it was just less origanal.

Joeiss
01-26-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by BigJustinW
and uh I think PD was better than Goldeneye, it was just less origanal.

Same here. Updated graphics... But very choppy when I played 4 player with bots. Storyline was quite stupid, IMO.

The_Dunadan
01-26-2002, 08:54 PM
i'm sick of bond.

Angrist
01-27-2002, 09:49 AM
... another Bond game.. nice I guess :unsure:

Shadow_Link
01-27-2002, 10:04 AM
I hate EA... Couldn't someone talented aquire the Bond licence?
I reckon that company that developed Time Splitters, Free Radical or something along those lines should aquire it, or atleast EA should hand it over to them. I know Time Splitters wasn't exactley a brilliant game, but that as because of the lack of time before the launch and lack of knowledge about the PS2 h/w...

But, Time Splitters 2 looks a much much much better game than the first one. And they are a third party after all...

Bond
01-27-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by The_Dunadan
i'm sick of bond.
Yeah, me too. He's a horrible person. :D

Revival
01-27-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Bond
Yeah, me too. He's a horrible person. :D
:lol:

I'm sick of the Bond games too.. I also hate the person ;) (just kidding, I just don't like the games).

BigJustinW
01-27-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Shadow_Link

Grrrr.... :mad:

How much do you wanna bet that The next Bond game will be better than Timesplitters 2?

DeathsHand
01-27-2002, 08:11 PM

How much do you wanna bet that The next Bond game will be better than Timesplitters 2?

heh heh heh... you're joking, right? ;)

I don't hate EA and I still doubt the next bond game will be better than TS2 ;)

of course who knows... anything is possible... but EA's record with the bond license is err... not too good...

N8
01-27-2002, 09:15 PM
Meh..
I don't really care, but I did kind of like the EA N64 Bond game; not as well as Rare's of course.

But does it really matter when we got Metroid and PD:0 (although sadly it seems this one will be a long wait) coming up?

aaaah
I soo want to play Metroid

Jason1
01-27-2002, 09:33 PM
Rare needs to get the bond lisense back....Please?

Xantar
01-27-2002, 10:58 PM
Big news! The next Bond game is being made by Gearbox!

Wow, imagine that! Bond will get the treatment he deserves from the developers of several titles that I've never heard of! Isn't this exciting?

http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=4448

Blix
01-27-2002, 11:08 PM
I reckon that company that developed Time Splitters, Free Radical or something along those lines should aquire it, or atleast EA should hand it over to them. I know Time Splitters wasn't exactley a brilliant game, but that as because of the lack of time before the launch and lack of knowledge about the PS2 h/w...

But, Time Splitters 2 looks a much much much better game than the first one. And they are a third party after all...
Actually, that company (Radical Desing) was formed with some members of the GE and PD team. No wonder why the game is good.

Perfect Stu
01-28-2002, 12:32 AM

Even if you were joking, that's not even funny...Timesplitters 2 is soooooooo good...EA Bond games are soooooooo average...at best...

BigJustinW
01-28-2002, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Perfect Stu

Even if you were joking, that's not even funny...Timesplitters 2 is soooooooo good...EA Bond games are soooooooo average...at best...

TS2 is out????

I've only played TS1, and it was damn weak, except for Multi play

We don't need to continue the speculation, we will see... soon enough, don't underestimate EA

Snake
01-28-2002, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Xantar
Big news! The next Bond game is being made by Gearbox!

Wow, imagine that! Bond will get the treatment he deserves from the developers of several titles that I've never heard of! Isn't this exciting?

http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=4448

Interesting...

DeathsHand
01-28-2002, 01:13 AM

TS2 is out????

I've only played TS1, and it was damn weak, except for Multi play

We don't need to continue the speculation, we will see... soon enough, don't underestimate EA

a demo's out... and from what I hear, they've improved the game a whole bunch... the reason TS1 is weak is cuz it was a bit rushed to be released at launch and well, I guess cuz it was free radical's first game on PS2... gotta get used to the hardware a bit, I dunno :p

Shadow_Link
01-28-2002, 01:31 PM
BJW, read my post, I said the first one wasn't all that good, in a convoluted sort of way :p. But the reasons were stated in my post. Nemesis, I am aware that this company are partyly ex members of RARE.

Anyway, all I know is TS2 is stated to be a whole LOT better than the first, and is really really good!

It will be good to see which turns out better though, the new Bond game or TS2...

BigJustinW
01-28-2002, 04:13 PM
BJW, read my post, I said the first one wasn't all that good, in a convoluted sort of way :p. But the reasons were stated in my post. Nemesis, I am aware that this company are partyly ex members of RARE.

Anyway, all I know is TS2 is stated to be a whole LOT better than the first, and is really really good!

You said you hate EA, and you think another developer should make Bond...

I say EA will make Bond good...

It will be good to see which turns out better though, the new Bond game or TS2...

Yes... yes we will :)

*starts sweating*

I'm couting on you EA ;)

Shadow_Link
01-28-2002, 04:18 PM
Hehe, I can smell your 'fake' ambitions of EA a mile away... ;)