PDA

View Full Version : Neo's topic - Suvivor PC

Revival
01-16-2002, 11:54 AM
Yet another
Sorry guys, the word I have to use to describe this game is "disappointing".

The graphics are painfully simplistic. All the textures are very bland. The cast members are okay, but it's sometimes hard to tell who's who. You have to identify them by their clothes, since their names' aren't labeled by them. The sound is equally painful and repetitive. It's not bad in and of itself, but it gets old FAST. All this would be forgivable if the control was good, but it's not. The challenges are mind-numbingly slow paced. Watching paint dry would be more interesting. At least you'd have the fumes to get you high.
I'm telling you, once you observe survivors pushing boulders up a hill for 10 min you will pray for the sweet release of death. Plus your fellow tribemates are sh*t stupid. There is a "rats in a maze" challenge where you have to guide your players through a maze. It is aptly named, for rats could navigate this maze far faster then these geniuses. There's no real strategy in determining who gets voted off. Going into the merge with numbers doesn't matter since there's no real unity within your tribe.
You can create your own characters, but only for one tribe. You have no control over which members comprise the tribe you go up against.
Now the online multiplayer could be a lot of fun - I don't know. The problem is you can't search for a host, you have to enter a specific IP address. Good luck getting that set up. I can only hope an expansion pack clears up some of these problems.

Graphics: 4
Sound: 5
Gameplay: 5
Value: 4
Fun Factor: 6

AVG: 4.8

lol, I'm not sure why I had rated this game so high, I think the score needs tweaking

Graphics: 4
Sound: 3
Gameplay: 4
Value: 3
Fun Factor: 5

AVG: 3.8

That's a little better

Snake
01-18-2002, 07:30 PM
I still don't get why you took this off the prize list in Survivor? ;)

Kitana85
01-19-2002, 05:50 PM
Well.. it had potential...

Revival
01-19-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Kitana85
Well.. it had potential...
Yeah, but it was VERY short lived.