PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Advance 3 and Super Mario Advance 4

BreakABone
01-26-2002, 01:28 PM
Well everyone's favorite plumber continues to get ported. I mean the guy has great games but why start off with 4 ports?

Anyhow they should all be out by the end of the year or early 2003. I hope that Nintendo is just doing this to buy more time to work on a completely new Mario game.

Super Mario Advance 3 will be a port of the helluva cool game Super Mario Bros 3. The game is due in the summer. Hmm Mario Wrold is a newer game but released afterwards.... Mario Bros 3 comes out in the summer..Wonder if it will connect with Mario SunShine in anyway.

Super Mario Advance 4 will be a port of the 16 bit classic Super Mario World 2:Yoshi's Island. Not much else is known about the game but the fact that it might be out by winter.

Revival
01-26-2002, 01:35 PM
Ehh, these ports are cool, but I want an original Mario game for the GBA. I don't see why they have to port to buy themselves time..

Joeiss
01-26-2002, 02:03 PM
Why does Nintendo make all of these ports? Because they know it will sell and they can make alot of money.

Why doesn't Nintendo just release Super Mario Allstars Advance? Because they will not make as much money.

Damn Nintendo and their money making routines!

Bond
01-26-2002, 02:18 PM
After Nintendo established it's franchies all they have been doing is making sequels and ports. It's the name of the game.

BreakABone
01-26-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Bond
After Nintendo established it's franchies all they have been doing is making sequels and ports. It's the name of the game.

And the sad part is..It's working..Not only that but Super Mario Advance 2 won Game of the Month in EGM... not that it's a bad game but like fingersMan pointed out..It's pretty sad that no current console has anything to beat a 10 year old port

Shadow_Link
01-26-2002, 07:38 PM
That's the good thing about Retro gaming, you an never get enough of it :D.

Snake
01-26-2002, 07:43 PM
Nice! All my favorite Marios on my GBA! :D

The Germanator
01-26-2002, 11:24 PM
This sucks, make a friggin new game Nintendo, that's why a buy a "new" handheld, to play "new" games, not ports that I've played to death and can still play. I understand their strategy, they'll make money, I guess that's what it's all about, but I can't help but feel dissapointed.

Angrist
01-27-2002, 10:03 AM
I guess they're aiming at younger kids, because we older people have already played those games on their original consoles. I'm not buying them (not new anyway).

Revival
01-27-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by The Germanator
This sucks, make a friggin new game Nintendo, that's why a buy a "new" handheld, to play "new" games, not ports that I've played to death and can still play. I understand their strategy, they'll make money, I guess that's what it's all about, but I can't help but feel dissapointed.
Exactly! I'm sick of all these f*ckin ports!

BreakABone
01-27-2002, 12:00 PM
Hmm wonder if Super Mario Advance 5 would be a port of Yoshi's Story.. or a completely new adventure.. would be funny if they started to port the first 3 GB Mario games.... man... I can see everyone getting pissed

Revival
01-27-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by BreakABone
I can see everyone getting pissed
Heh, me too :D

Shadow_Link
01-27-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Angrist
I guess they're aiming at younger kids, because we older people have already played those games on their original consoles. I'm not buying them (not new anyway).

I think you hit the nail on the head angrist! I just think this is a way to make money, plus letting the newer generations experience what we once did as kids... Plus, there are also new features, and improved everything :D

Anyway, I heard that Nintendo have decided to cut the price of GBA games to a lower, yet still fairly expensive price. Atleast for Britain/Europe that is...

Joeiss
01-27-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Shadow_Link
Anyway, I heard that Nintendo have decided to cut the price of GBA games to a lower, yet still fairly expensive price. Atleast for Britain/Europe that is...

Really? I hope they do. I mean, the $49.99 price tag for first party games is quite ridiculous, IMO. Hopefull they will take $10 off to make it $30.00, which is a more reasonable price for us non-working folk. ;)

Oh, BTW, the prices listed in my post are Canadian.

Bube
01-28-2002, 10:58 AM
I'm not sure about 3, but 4 definitely has my attention right now, because I've never played it, although I really wanted to.

DimHalo
01-28-2002, 11:07 AM
I think I will really like three, but I do agree that they need cut the crap and start coming up with some original games.

BreakABone
01-28-2002, 11:17 AM
Well I guess to cover up the wounds Nintendo was nice enough to drop the price of the GBA to $80 USD.. might not be the best of news to the folks who already own a GBA..but eh

Plastic0006
02-03-2002, 08:13 PM
Im gonna have to say screw all the other mario ports on gba cuz i only want super mario world port i loved that game cuz theres a lot of secrets in it.:boing: