PDA

View Full Version : Mothman Prophecies

Joeiss
01-25-2002, 11:17 PM
Well... I saw this movie tonight, and may I say it was probably the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. A stupid story line too. I thought it was supposed to be a scary movie... or maybe even a thriller. But there is no other category this movie fits in exept for the CRAP category.

The whole experience was a bore. No action... No exitement. The besst part of the movie was the guy sitting behind me doing play by play commentary.

So please, do not waste your money on this movie. It is horrible and boring... And it is just so crap-tacular that I pity myslef for wasting $13 on it.

Xantar
01-25-2002, 11:29 PM
Thirteen dollars?!?

What kind of movie theater do you go to?

*remembers that Joeiss is Canadian*

Oh. Right. Umm...:-o

Why in the world did you see that movie? First of all, the trailers looked awful. Secondly, it was released at this time of the year. Movies are like videogames in some ways. The good ones never get released in Q1 with a few exceptions (like Black Hawk Down).

Save yourself a good few hours and play games or something. Or do schoolwork. In my opinion, anything is better than the drivel that Hollywood is likely to be spewing out at this time of the year.

TheGrimReaper
01-26-2002, 01:32 AM
You know what a really bad horror movie was? House on Haunted Hill, that was pure crap...

In response to your post, I havent seen trailers for it, so I dont have an idea of wether ill see it or not, but I dont want to be like you and waste 13 bucks :D

Tunnelvision456
01-26-2002, 03:34 AM
I was never realy interested in it in the first place. I want to see "A Beutifull Mind", that looks awsome. I hate my city, we never get any real good movies in theaters, we never had "Mulholland Drive", "Amile", "Waking Life", and getting "Metropolis" is a pipe-dream. I hate this city.

Shadow_Link
01-26-2002, 06:44 AM
Trust me on this one. Anyone who even remotely has good taste in films will HAVE to go and see Vanilla Sky, it is a true master piece. Totally awsome film.

Bond
01-26-2002, 08:44 AM
From what I've seen of 'Mothman Prophecies' it looked alright, nothing special though. I live right by where they tales supposedly happened, so I might just go check that out instead.

fingersman
01-26-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by TheGrimReaper
You know what a really bad horror movie was? House on Haunted Hill, that was pure crap...

In response to your post, I havent seen trailers for it, so I dont have an idea of wether ill see it or not, but I dont want to be like you and waste 13 bucks :D

A real bad horror was bones...I thought it sucked IMO.

Joeiss
01-26-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Bond
From what I've seen of 'Mothman Prophecies' it looked alright, nothing special though. I live right by where they tales supposedly happened, so I might just go check that out instead.

It took place in Point Pleasant... Or Pleasant Point... Well something like that.

And it says that it was based on a true story, and that people around the world see this "mothman". Quite sad if you ask me.

Bond
01-26-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss

It took place in Point Pleasant... Or Pleasant Point... Well something like that.

And it says that it was based on a true story, and that people around the world see this "mothman". Quite sad if you ask me.
It's Point Pleasant, but none of the movie was filmed in the actual location where all the sightings took place.

Mechadragon
01-26-2002, 02:27 PM
I'll probably still see it anyway......even if it looks dumb

Man: Whats in my hand?

Mothman: CHAPSTICK......

*Man runs*

Joeiss
01-26-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Mechadragon
I'll probably still see it anyway......even if it looks dumb

Man: Whats in my hand?

Mothman: CHAPSTICK......

*Man runs*

Actually, he does not run away because he is in a hotel room... So I do not know what your talking about. :unsure:

Jason1
09-18-2002, 11:15 PM
BOOM...heh heh...

Anyways, I Rented this movie...I pretty much agree that it sucked, it was kinda cool at the begining when the mothman flew into the car, but it just went downhill from there...

I think I saw a documentary on this awhile back, da peeps in dat town started seeing mothman, then they could predict future disasters and stuff like that...I really couldnt find anything better to rent...

*runs away*

Perfect Stu
09-18-2002, 11:18 PM
it was absolutely horrible, but not as bad as the Blair Witch Project :Puke:

drolldurham
09-18-2002, 11:20 PM
speaking of bad movies.

i saw xXx... i didn't waste my money cause i wasn't paying

but see
it was so unrealistic and corny
that it was amusing to laugh at how unrealistic it was
(for me)
so it did provide some entertainment value

and some would argue that thats just what movies are for

so um.... yeah

DeathsHand
09-18-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by drolldurham
speaking of bad movies.

i saw xXx... i didn't waste my money cause i wasn't paying

but see
it was so unrealistic and corny
that it was amusing to laugh at how unrealistic it was
(for me)
so it did provide some entertainment value

and some would argue that thats just what movies are for

so um.... yeah

You're such a dumbass...

Movies aren't just for entertainment value, they're actually tools of the government which they use to beam signals into your brain which they use to control people to make them eat the overpriced theater snacks which make them overweight so the government can make billions off of false advertised weight-loss products...

It's true I tell ya!

..... @_@

Neo
09-18-2002, 11:48 PM
"Silent Night Deadly Night" - pure crap. Stupid story, bad acting, old men with young girls...

"Satan's School For Girls" - actually kind of interesting, but there isn't enough skin.

"Don't Look In The Basement" - don't watch this movie.

GameMaster
09-19-2002, 12:00 AM
Three Kings

My favorite part is in the beginning when a chair is banging against the ground.

BlueFire
09-19-2002, 02:54 PM
I thought the MothMan's voice was funny.

... That's about it.

House on Haunted Hill? rofl. That was just stupid...

Bones? Let's not get me started :D

Crono
09-19-2002, 03:04 PM
I kinda liked the movie, and all those Mothman sightings that hapened back in the 60's were actually real...

umm...yeah, according to some show and some book I read anyway.

But still, I liked the movie, I think "horrible" is bad way of putting it, but it didnt have anything to do directly with what happened a long time ago...

But, its a just legend...just like most things like...religion? and some other crap too....

DarkMaster
09-19-2002, 03:16 PM
they only thing i found amusing was the fact that most of it was based of true events. to think something that weird would happen in real life is kinda cool. but besides that, meh.

Doctor Zhivago
09-19-2002, 04:41 PM
I had been interested in the story of the Mothman for some time, so, as you can imagine, I was psyched to hear that there was going to be a movie based on the legend (Or whatver you want to call it). Then I saw the movie and thought that it sucked balls. I was really disaponted. I had expected it to be a sort of decumentary on the events that happened in Point Pleasant in the 1960s, but instead it was a completely ficticious movie about the Mothman calling up Richard Geere and scaring him. At least they did throw in some real things from the stroy like the bridge breaking.

EDIT: By the way, Crono, I'd say that the Mothman is just a little bit more important than religion. (I seem to be abusing the EDIT system lately)

The Germanator
09-19-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Neo
"Silent Night Deadly Night" - pure crap. Stupid story, bad acting, old men with young girls...

Since when was old men with young girls a bad thing? :confused:

:sneaky: