PDA

View Full Version : New Nintendo GBA and Pokemon promotion

GameKinG
01-25-2002, 10:57 PM
From Cloudchasers:

General Mills Go-Gurt
Timing: Jan. 15 – Feb. 28

Nintendo’s “Anytime, Anywhere” Game Boy Advance and General Mills’ “Grab n’ Go” Yogurt are the perfect portable partners, teaming up for an instant-win promotion.

Chances to win a Game Boy Advance are included in more than 80 million packages of Go-Gurt.

Pokémon:

Carl’s Jr./Hardee’s
Timing: Feb. 20 – April 2

Nintendo is teaming with Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s for a six-week long Pokémon Kid’s Meal program featuring plastic Pokémon Cup Toppers with Pikachu, Mewtwo, Totodile and Charizard distributed in all Kid’s Meals.

Custom-themed meal bags, large window posters, in-store banners, translites and drive-thru posters will decorate all participating Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s restaurants.

Pokémon will be featured on the restaurants’ dedicated “Cool Kids” Web site.

Frigo Cheese
Timing: February - April

Pokémon invade the cheese aisle on more than six million packages of Frigo Cheese Heads.

Cheese-lovers will have a chance to win Game Boy Advance systems and Pokémon Crystal games at any of the more than 5,000 retail locations nationwide where Frigo cheese is sold.

GameMaster
01-30-2002, 12:39 AM
Here's a cool picture

http://www.pokemoncenter.com/pkstore/assets/product_images/no09_gba.gif

LoudHowardZERO
01-30-2002, 12:57 AM
Its's gold.... *eyes light up*

Joeiss
01-30-2002, 11:53 AM
OMG!!! That gold GBA looks amazing!!! I want I want I want!!!

Snake
01-30-2002, 03:51 PM
Somebody would actually have to pay me to take that piece of **** into my house..

Joeiss
01-30-2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Snake
Somebody would actually have to pay me to take that piece of **** into my house..

WHAT? That is the sweetest GBA I have seen to date. IF somebody wanted to pay me to bring that into my house, I would accept, but it would not be necesary. That this is amazing!

Snake
01-30-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss

WHAT? That is the sweetest GBA I have seen to date. IF somebody wanted to pay me to bring that into my house, I would accept, but it would not be necesary. That this is amazing!

Eck! Whoa! A bunch of gold color painted slapped onto a gba, with a bunch of kiddy characters! :WHOA:

:rolleyes:

nWoCHRISnWo
01-30-2002, 11:04 PM
That thing is horrible. It looks like something I could pull out of my ass.

Joeiss
01-30-2002, 11:08 PM

Eck! Whoa! A bunch of gold color painted slapped onto a gba, with a bunch of kiddy characters! :WHOA:

:rolleyes:

Wow... Please do not tell me that you get mad if people call the purple GCN's kiddy. I can take what you said and transfer it to the GCN.

Eck! Whoa! A bunch of purple colour painted slapped onto a small cube, with that kiddy handle! What is this? A lunch box?

You see... everybody can say anything about any system. And you know what? Sometimes the if something that bugs you (Pokemon) is on something that is AMAZING, you lose all respect for it, which is a bad thing because it is not the outside, but the inside. Please apologize to GBA now. You hurt its feelings. ;)

:D

Snake
01-30-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Joeiss

Wow... Please do not tell me that you get mad if people call the purple GCN's kiddy. I can take what you said and transfer it to the GCN.

Eck! Whoa! A bunch of purple colour painted slapped onto a small cube, with that kiddy handle! What is this? A lunch box?

You see... everybody can say anything about any system. And you know what? Sometimes the if something that bugs you (Pokemon) is on something that is AMAZING, you lose all respect for it, which is a bad thing because it is not the outside, but the inside. Please apologize to GBA now. You hurt its feelings. ;)

:D

What a waste of a read..

*shrugs*

Yeah, Gamecube is kiddy, yeah Gamecube is purble (in my case, black) But what the hell does this have to do with anything?

All I'm saying is that particular GBA looks like it came out of someone's ass

I have a GBA, and I love it.. I'm not disliking GBA in general, I'm talking about that Pokemon one..

Drunk Hobbit
01-31-2002, 07:03 AM
I can't stand that gold one. Picked the purple one over it. Japan got much sweeter Pokémon GBAs. They screwed over NYC.

http://pocketmedia.ign.com/media/hardware/image/pokemoncentergba_box.jpg

http://pocketmedia.ign.com/media/hardware/image/celebigba_1.jpg

Side note: While America's Pokémon Center is http://www.pokemoncenter.com , Japan's is http://www.pokemoncenter-online.com

Drunk Hobbit
01-31-2002, 07:07 AM
They stop selling the Suicune and Celebi ones Feb 1 so get them now if you ever want them.

BigJustinW
01-31-2002, 11:46 AM
The Gold one is UGLY

but I like the blue and green

Joeiss
01-31-2002, 12:21 PM
OMG. The green one looks amazing. 20x better than the gold one. Man, why do Japanese people get al the crazy cool colours? I want some of those colours sold in Canada.

nWoCHRISnWo
01-31-2002, 02:52 PM
that particular GBA looks like it came out of someone's ass

My ass.

Joeiss
01-31-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by nWoCHRISnWo

My ass.

Wow Chris. I am impressed. You have the ability to **** out GBAs? That is quite amazing.

nWoCHRISnWo
01-31-2002, 03:17 PM
Yeah, it's some kind of diesease you get when you do Britney Spears, called "whenyoudobritneyspearsyou****outgbaitis" or something.

LoudHowardZERO
02-01-2002, 11:19 AM
I think Japan has too many special adition GBA's.... when will they start making special edition GCNs?

I think this is kind of weird, consitering there are no pokemon games for the GBA released yet, theer will be soon, but not yet...

Plastic0006
02-03-2002, 08:07 PM
who would want a pokomon gba everyone would make fun of them unless they were 6 or something i cant believe that pokomon has gone so far.:mad: