PDA

View Full Version : Gamecube in Europe gets a new feature!

GameKinG
01-25-2002, 10:44 PM
Cloudchasers (http://nintendo.cloudchaser.com/news/index.php?view=436)

Playstation 2 has featured some truly poor PAL conversions. Games like Devil May Cry and Ridge Racer V ran 17% slower than their American counterparts and had huge borders, all because the developers were too lazy to optimise them for European TV's.

However, with GameCube all that will be a thing of the past and every game will run at full speed and full screen. Developers wont have to worry about optimising their software because GameCube will do it all for them as Tony Mott, ex-editor of EDGE Magazine and highly respected British journalist revealed in the Edge Forums.

"When you turn on your PAL GameCube, hold down the 'B' button and it'll boot up in 60Hz mode. The machine remembers that you like the 60hz good stuff, so you don't have to do it every time; it holds the preferences in SRAM. It will also feature proper RGB support. Seriously, NOE's really trying to pull out the stops this time around."

This is fantastic news for European gamers. May can't come soon enough.

Blix
01-25-2002, 11:10 PM
Sweet! Not like it matters to me. But it's cool to see nintendo doing such things.

Bizzyman
01-26-2002, 12:55 AM
that sounds quite handy, but i dont think nintendo should have to do this because the developers and not nintendo should take the time to port things at their highest quality. this gives me the feeling that developers dont really believe in gc and r jus porting so in case gc does do well, the developers will have the upper hand, and be on nintendos good side.

GameKinG
01-26-2002, 01:40 AM
Well they dont, live with it.

Angrist
01-26-2002, 04:08 AM
:D

Shadow_Link
01-26-2002, 06:23 AM
With full RGB support, would that mean it is possible they will release a VGA box for the Gc in Europe?

gekko
01-26-2002, 11:35 AM
It's RGB SCART support.

LoudHowardZERO
01-27-2002, 10:10 PM
It's good to know they care

Now lets see Microsoft doing something liek that!

Gamer
01-28-2002, 01:05 AM
Hmm, maybe ill import and sell my american one...;)