PDA

View Full Version : European Launch Info Early!

BreakABone
01-25-2002, 07:06 PM
Yes CloudChaser Nintendo was able to uncover the European launch innfo early. And here it is...

http://www.nintendogamecube-europe.com/video.jsp?fmt=wm&br=56&dirkey=ee8KmeKQaqx8c
To listen to the announcement..but here is the real info

The video starts off with David Gosen talking about what a fantastic year Nintendo had in Europe in 2001. Claiming they sold 3 million Game Boy Advance systems, over 3 million Game Boy Color's and a massive 7 million Gold/Silver/Crystal Pokemon games.

On the next scene he talks about which market GameCube is aiming at in Europe.

"GameCube will not be targeting kids, will not be targeting teens and will not be targeting adult. GameCube will appeal to anyone who enjoys being entertained by interactive gaming. We believe gaming is an attitude, not an age. With family friendly, sports, racing, adventure, extreme sports and action games available from day 1 GameCube is dedicated to good gameplay; All players, all ages, all genres."

GameCube will launch on May 3rd with over 20 launch games including Luigi's Mansion, Wave Race, FIFA, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, Batman Vengeance, Crazy Taxi, Burnout, Sonic Adventure 2 and Star Wars: Rogue Leader.

As if that's not enough, 2 weeks later Europe will see the launch of Resident Evil and Super Smash Brotehrs Melee! Pikmin will launch on June 14. By the Summer there will be almost 50 GameCube games out.

Finally Gosen talks about the price. GameCube will cost just £150 (240 Euros) making it HALF the price of Xbox and £50 cheaper than Playstation 2, making it the first ever Pal launch where European gamers aren't getting ripped off by paying a ridiculously higher price than America and Japan.

Hmm seems to get the best GCN launch of them all...

GameKinG
01-25-2002, 07:20 PM
Thats going to be a good month for euro. 20+ games with Re soon after...

Shadow_Link
01-25-2002, 07:46 PM
Oh my... Flipping hell, apart from the launch date, nintemdo has everything out, early, to blow away the xbox in europe, then again... If this si true, or if nintendo are really serious, they wont shift and change things... And ONLY £150... 20 games at launch... Only couple of weeks later, SSB:M, Pikmin and RE1 come out....

Angrist
01-26-2002, 04:02 AM
May 3? MAY 3??? :hmm: :( :mad: :mad2: :green: :baby: :baby: :(

:help:

Xantar
01-26-2002, 11:13 AM
Well, that's about 6 weeks from now. Enjoy the wait, all you Europeans.

At least you'll get decent PAL conversions. I wonder what sdtPikachu would say if he were here...

Oh yeah, this is off topic, but I heard that XBox is launching with 300,000 units increasing to 1.5 million total by June. Anybody know if this is true? Because if so, Nintendo won't have a problem matching them. Then it'll just become a race of who can sell the most inventory rather than who can provide the most supply.

Kind of like it is in the U.S., in fact.

Revival
01-26-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Xantar
Oh yeah, this is off topic, but I heard that XBox is launching with 300,000 units increasing to 1.5 million total by June. Anybody know if this is true? Because if so, Nintendo won't have a problem matching them. Then it'll just become a race of who can sell the most inventory rather than who can provide the most supply.
I'm almost 100% sure that is true, and what you said would be correct also.

gekko
01-26-2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Angrist
May 3? MAY 3???

Business move. Nintendo wants Europe. In fact, they pretty much know they can have Europe. Last time I checked, Europe didn't seem too big on Xbox, just like Japan.

So Nintendo wants to make sure the launch is complete. The US launch kept getting smaller by the day, as games were just short of making launch. Japan only got 3 games, and took more than a month to get #4. Now Nintendo wants to make sure there is plenty of hardware, and plenty of software to go around.

But ya, sucks to be you guys :)

BreakABone
01-26-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by gekko

Business move. Nintendo wants Europe. In fact, they pretty much know they can have Europe. Last time I checked, Europe didn't seem too big on Xbox, just like Japan.

So Nintendo wants to make sure the launch is complete. The US launch kept getting smaller by the day, as games were just short of making launch. Japan only got 3 games, and took more than a month to get #4. Now Nintendo wants to make sure there is plenty of hardware, and plenty of software to go around.

But ya, sucks to be you guys :)

Hey they should be happy..Get one of the better launch and probably the best GC launch..And only have to wait a little for RE and SSBM

gekko
01-26-2002, 02:13 PM
They should be happy? Sure they may get one of the better launches, but we have all but 1 of their launch games right now. Who cares if we got less titles at launch, we've made up for it since the launch.

BreakABone
01-26-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by gekko
They should be happy? Sure they may get one of the better launches, but we have all but 1 of their launch games right now. Who cares if we got less titles at launch, we've made up for it since the launch.

Shush man I'm trying to sugarcoat it from them and you come over here and try to ruin it for them....

BTW,Xanny you do realize it's May 3rd and not March 3rd... cuz May 3rd isn't 6 weeks away....

C.H
01-26-2002, 06:24 PM
Okay, so maybe they want to have enough units for launch.

BUT I'M STILL PISSY ABOUT MAY 3RD!!

The date is cuntish (theres a new words i haven't used on the forums before), i've got like over 3 months to wait. Thats like over a forth of a year.

But one thing that is pleasing, is the amount of games and the price. It's just the waiting thats going to get to me.

Another thing that might not have been posted on the forums (i haven't checked, and i can't be arsed to either). Is that, the PAL gamecube will be a slight modification. It will be able to run at 60 Hz, which is great. The PAL dreamcasts also could do this
(CLICK:-o (http://cube.ign.com/news/41252.html)ME).

So i suppose that helps ease the pain, BUT I'M STILL PISSY.

Angrist
01-27-2002, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Xantar
Well, that's about 6 weeks from now. :eek:*saves Xantar's quote on hard disk for later use*
:doh: :doh: :doh: :D:D :p

:(