PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Harddrive

Y2Kevbug11
01-25-2002, 04:49 PM
How many of you are planning to buy the harddrive? It seems to be a little to expensive to actually feasibly buy, I mean, it's almost the price of a GameCube.

Joeiss
01-25-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Y2Kevbug11
How many of you are planning to buy the harddrive? It seems to be a little to expensive to actually feasibly buy, I mean, it's almost the price of a GameCube.

Umm...

1. Do you know how much it is? Because they haven't announced the official North American price... So please state what you think it is.

2. If it will be bundeled with the modem, I will probably buy it for the online play in the games.

3. And do we even know when it is coming out? I haven't heard anything concrete yet.

BigJustinW
01-25-2002, 06:02 PM
Joeiss, you are right on the price issue...

If you remember, when Ps2 came out in Japan, it's price translated t $370 american $$$.... so in the HD is $150 there, I'm guessing the price will be around $100-$120

which is still expensive :p

but I'm not missing FFXI, and I doubt that I'm getting it for PC.

DeathsHand
01-25-2002, 06:47 PM
I'll get it if

a: I get a job

b: Developers take advantage of it..

Perfect Stu
01-25-2002, 08:05 PM
my guess is that they'll bundle the network adapter with the Hard Drive for $100 max...

And yes, I will be getting it...

Y2Kevbug11
01-25-2002, 09:35 PM
All indications point to the seperation of the Network Adapter/Harddrive being seperate items. There was a thread on another forum, but it's down currently.

Obviously Joeiss, if you use common sense and something costs around $150 in Japan, then you can expect something to cost around the same in America. I mean, don't expect 50 and don't expect 300. It's really just reasoning.

Joeiss
01-25-2002, 11:19 PM
Obviously Joeiss, if you use common sense and something costs around $150 in Japan, then you can expect something to cost around the same in America. I mean, don't expect 50 and don't expect 300. It's really just reasoning.

Did I know how much it was in Japan? NO
Did you tell us how much it was in Japan? No

So please do not tell me to use common sence. Thank you.

Y2Kevbug11
01-26-2002, 03:38 PM
It's really not my mistake if you didn't know how much it was in Japan. If you didn't, you should have asked instead of refuting the claim. Is it up to me to make sure you are factually updated before I pose a question? No, it's not. If you didn't know the answer, which was around $150 dollars American, you A. Should have asked, or B. Should not have answered at all.

I asked a question. Now, just on, let's say, the SAT, if they ask a question, and you don't know the answer, you don't ask them if they know the answer and then go on to complain. Just leave it blank. That's what you should have done here.

DeathsHand
01-26-2002, 03:45 PM
around $150 dollars American

and the PS2 itself cost about 375 dollars american when it was released in Japan...

Joeiss
01-26-2002, 03:57 PM
It's really not my mistake if you didn't know how much it was in Japan. If you didn't, you should have asked instead of refuting the claim. Is it up to me to make sure you are factually updated before I pose a question? No, it's not. If you didn't know the answer, which was around $150 dollars American, you A. Should have asked, or B. Should not have answered at all.

I asked a question. Now, just on, let's say, the SAT, if they ask a question, and you don't know the answer, you don't ask them if they know the answer and then go on to complain. Just leave it blank. That's what you should have done here.

Well, you are taking this far too seriously man... Just calm down a little bit. I still think that a good thread would have told us the price... Instead of just not telling any price at all. :unsure:

And what is SAT?

Y2Kevbug11
01-26-2002, 04:05 PM
This wasn't a thread to announce the price, it was a thread to ask you if you were buying it. I'm not a financial consulter, I'm not asking a question. :D

SAT: Schoolastic Aptitude Test. Don't you live in the US?

Joeiss
01-26-2002, 05:49 PM
SAT: Schoolastic Aptitude Test. Don't you live in the US?

Nope. I live in Toronto, Ontario... For you stupid people, that is in Canada.

The_Dunadan
01-26-2002, 08:42 PM
i might if the games online are sweet. and only if i get a job...

drolldurham
01-27-2002, 09:43 PM
I'll get it if

(A) It does some useful shnoots. I don't think I'll get it for FFXI...

(B) I have the money

(C) Well this isn't a big deal, but rumors are the HD will be a lot more potent when coupled with a PS2, right? So I would probably wanna get a PS2 too, maybe even *before* i get the HD... i dunno...

:D

(yes i was joking by the way)