PDA

View Full Version : Don't Forget

Kitana85
01-16-2002, 10:45 AM
as Neo keeps saying.. but especially here... if anyone here has any stories or poetry they posted in the old forums that they want COPY AND PASTE them here, we only have a month before they'll be gone!!

Neo
01-16-2002, 10:59 AM
You have less than that. We only have a license to operate vB on a single server, so we have to close the old forums soon.

Kitana85
01-16-2002, 12:28 PM
What he said

Shadow_Link
01-16-2002, 06:33 PM
L'apres Midi, D'une Phone

It was the middle of the afternoon, and I was going about my usual business. All of a sudden, the phone rang. Like a fool, I answered it.
"Hello?"
"Dave! It's Tony. Look, Sheila and I were just over seeing Sharon"
"That's nice"
"Yeah... only we were wondering if we could stay over at your place tonight? It's just that it's such a long drive, and what with the kids and all..."
"Yeah, that's fine. When can I expect you?"
"We'll be around sometime later this evening"
"OK, see you then. Bye."

I placed the phone back on the hook, and went about my business. Five minutes later, the phone rang once more. Like a fool, I answered it.
"Mr. D. Hollingsworth?"
"Speaking"
"Hi. I'm a representative for Weather shield Double Glazing, and I'm delighted to inform you that you've been selected from a large group of people as one who would best take advantage of our latest double glazing offer. Would you be interested at all?"
"Yeah, I guess I would"
"That's great. We have an experienced representative in your area, would you mind at all if he called around later this evening with some promotional material and some samples of our merchandise?"
"No, that'd be fine"
"Brilliant. Is it alright if he calls around at about 7:30 this evening? There's no obligation to buy of course"
"Of course. I'll be expecting him then"
"Great. Thank you very much for your time, Mr. Hollingsworth"

I had scarcely continued with my chores when the phone rang once more. Like a fool, I answered it.
"Dave! How's it goin' man?"
"Pretty good thanks"
"Cool. Look, Tony got this great video and us and all the lads want to all watch it together, like. Only his pace isn't really big enough, and you've got that huge TV and the big sofas... so we were wondering if you'd mind if we came around and watched it at your place? You know, make a night of it?"
"Sure, sounds fun"
"That's great, man! We'll bring all the food and beers and stuff, yeah?"
"That's fine"
"OK, great man! We'll see you at about half seven then?"
"Yeah, that's fine"

Once again, I set about my tasks with the determination of a professional. But it was to be in vain, as once more the telephone buzzed its attention seeking warble. Like a fool, I answered it.
"Hi, Dave? It's Tricia."
"Hi there. What can I do for you?"
"Well, I went to the audition today, and I think I might be in with a chance.
"That's good"
"Yeah... only I told the director guy that I'd done some work like this before, which went down well. But the agency has all the photos, so I was wondering if you'd mind if I came around tonight to pick up some copies from you...?"
"No, that'd be fine"
"Is it OK if I come at about half seven?"
"Sure, I'm not doing anything else tonight"
"OK, look I'm really sorry about this Dave, but I really want this part, the money is really good"
"I said it's fine! I guess I'll see you later then"

I resumed my labours, intending no further distractions to interrupt me from my work, when half an hour later, the phone rang again. Like a fool, I answered it.
"Darling, it's me. Is it alright if I come over tonight?"
"Sure, that's fine hun"
"Sorry, I'm in a bit of a rush, and I think James might be listening. I'll be around just before eight, is that OK?"
"Yeah, that'd be great"
"God, I've missed you... well, I'll see you later then... oh, hell... I think he's coming in... goodbye!"

I replaced the phone, but had scarcely had time to move away from it before it rang again. Like a fool, I answered it.
"Hello?"
"It's you isn't it, you bastard"
"What?"
"I know it's you, because I was just listening on the other phone. Listen, I'm going to come around your house tonight, and if I find you there I'm going to..."

I hung up. It was shaping up to be an interesting evening. Pity I couldn't stay to watch. I picked up my last bag, and stepped through the broken remains of the back door. I'd taken pretty much everything worth stealing.

Revival
01-16-2002, 07:27 PM
What the hell?