PDA

View Full Version : WrestleMania X-8 Pics

BreakABone
01-25-2002, 02:41 PM
Well since they are no longer only on IGN... well they are postable.. no IGN trademark
http://www.iowrestling.net/screenshots/wrestlemania18/012502/001.jpg[/img

[img]http://www.iowrestling.net/screenshots/wrestlemania18/012502/002.jpg

http://www.iowrestling.net/screenshots/wrestlemania18/012502/003.jpg

http://www.iowrestling.net/screenshots/wrestlemania18/012502/004.jpg

http://www.iowrestling.net/screenshots/wrestlemania18/012502/005.jpg

http://www.iowrestling.net/screenshots/wrestlemania18/012502/006.jpg

http://www.iowrestling.net/screenshots/wrestlemania18/012502/007.jpg

http://www.iowrestling.net/screenshots/wrestlemania18/012502/008.jpg

http://www.iowrestling.net/screenshots/wrestlemania18/012502/009.jpg

http://www.iowrestling.net/screenshots/wrestlemania18/012502/010.jpg

Revival
01-25-2002, 02:44 PM
Jeebus, how many freaking wrestling games will there be?

BreakABone
01-25-2002, 03:01 PM
I guess you people can also get the info.. Press Release Courtesy of PGC
And for those who don't care to read I'll summarize below

THQ and JAKKS Pacific Unveil `WWF Wrestlemania X8' Exclusively for Nintendo Gamecube

CALABASAS HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 25, 2002--

Next-Generation Nintendo Debut Includes Rising World Wrestling Federation Superstars

THQ Inc. (NASDAQ:THQI) and JAKKS Pacific Inc. (NASDAQ:JAKK) today announced "WWF WrestleMania(R) X8," their latest videogame based on the highly popular World Wrestling Federation(R) (NYSE:WWF) license. Emphasizing simulation-style gameplay, "WWF WrestleMania X8" features all the action, excitement and attitude of the World Wrestling Federation designed exclusively for Nintendo Gamecube(TM).

For the first time ever in a World Wrestling Federation licensed game, "WWF WrestleMania X8" is slated to include rising World Wrestling Federation Superstars such as Rob Van Dam(TM), Booker T(TM) and Lance Storm(TM), making this title the most complete collection of Superstars ever assembled in a video game. "WWF WrestleMania X8" is scheduled to release this summer.

"Since 1999, the THQ/JAKKS Pacific joint venture has sold more than 2 million copies of World Wrestling Federation-branded titles for the Nintendo(R) 64 alone," stated Alison Locke, Executive Vice President, North American Publishing, THQ. "We are very excited to be continuing the strong tradition of World Wrestling Federation games on Nintendo systems with `WWF WrestleMania X8.'"

"`WWF WrestleMania X8' for Gamecube will allow World Wrestling Federation gamers to re-create the action-packed matches from this year's highly anticipated WrestleMania X8 event to be held in March 2002 in Toronto, Canada," stated Nelo Lucich, Director of Interactive, JAKKS Pacific Inc. "We are very confident that Gamecube owners and World Wrestling Federation fans everywhere will appreciate the realism and detail that `WWF WrestleMania X8' delivers."

About "WWF WrestleMania X8"

Developed by Yuke's Co., Ltd. of Japan, "WWF WrestleMania X8" features more than 35 Superstars in multiple match types including hardcore, tornado tag and triple threat matches. A TV-style presentation complete with dynamic lighting effects, pyrotechnics, camera flashes and multiple camera angles brings the action to life as Superstars enter the arena accompanied by signature TitanTron(TM) videos and music. Players can also choose from a variety of settings including appearance, costumes and special moves to create the ultimate grappler in the game's in-depth Create-a-Superstar mode.

New features exclusive to "WWF WrestleMania X8" include Championship Road, where players have the opportunity to take their rookie Superstar up through the ranks pursuing the championship. For the first time on any game system, "WWF WrestleMania X8" is slated to include the complete roster of top Superstars including Booker T, Rob Van Dam and The Hurricane(TM). Each character is personalized with their own unique style and repertoire of finishing moves. These new Superstars, in addition to World Wrestling Federation veterans such as The Rock(R), Stone Cold Steve Austin(TM) and Triple H(TM), give "WWF WrestleMania X8" the finest collection of talent ever assembled in a video game.

For more information about the THQ/JAKKS Pacific World Wrestling Federation videogame franchises and the rest of THQ's 2002 line-up, visit www.thq.com.

About World Wrestling Federation Entertainment Inc.

World Wrestling Federation Entertainment Inc. is an integrated media and entertainment company headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, with sales offices in New York City, Chicago and Toronto. The company can be found online at wwf.com and wwfecorpbiz.com.

About JAKKS Pacific

JAKKS Pacific is a multi-brand toy company that designs, develops, produces and markets toys and related products under various brand names (including Flying Colors(R), Road Champs(R), Remco(R), Child Guidance(R), Color Club(R) and Pentech(R)) in multiple product categories, including: Wheels; Action Figures; Art/Activities/Stationery; Infant/Pre-School; Writing Instruments; Plush; and Dolls. The Company also participates in a joint venture with THQ Inc. that has exclusive worldwide rights to publish and market World Wrestling Federation(R) video games.

About Yuke's Co., Ltd.

Based in Japan and established in 1993, Yuke's Co., Ltd. is a developer of next-generation console games in which THQ has a minority interest. Yuke's credits include the multimillion-selling "WWF SmackDown!(TM)" franchise.

About THQ

THQ Inc. develops and publishes interactive entertainment software worldwide for a variety of hardware platforms including PC CD-ROM, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft. The THQ Web site is located at www.thq.com.

This press release contains statements that are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are based on current expectations, estimates and projections about THQ's business based, in part, on assumptions made by its management. These statements are not guarantees of THQ's future performance and involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions that are difficult to predict. Therefore, actual outcomes and results may differ materially from what is expressed or forecasted in such forward-looking statements due to numerous factors, including, but not limited to, those described above and the following: changes in demand for THQ's products, product mix, the timing of customer orders and deliveries, the impact of competitive products and pricing and difficulties encountered in the integration of acquired businesses. In addition, such statements could be affected by growth rates and market conditions relating to the interactive software industry and general domestic and international economic conditions. Specific information concerning these and other such factors is contained in THQ's current report on Form 8-K as filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on November 21, 2001. A copy of this filing may be obtained by contacting THQ or the SEC. The forward-looking statements contained herein speak only as of the date on which they are made, and THQ does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statement to reflect events or circumstances after the date of this release.

Well finally the WWF game for GameCube has been announced. it is named WrestleMania x-8 after the biggest PPV in the WWF. The game is slated to feature
over 35 Wrestlers including stars from both ECW and WCW and all your WWF favs such as Stone Cold,The Rock, HHH and Justin's personal favorite Chris Jericho
-Match types including one on one, tag team, tornado
-Will for the first time on a Nintendo console have the infamous Hell in a Cell match
-Feature TV style cameras to give it that extra fleer (not the old guy with man boobs)
-Championshp mode where you take your rookie from some local jabronie to being the People's Champ
-CAW which has to be in every wrestling game or else the grade will drop by like 4 points
-The UnderTaker for some extremely boring matches.. or wait videogames make his matches look enjoyable

Gamer
01-25-2002, 03:01 PM
Haha, no kidding.

nWoCHRISnWo
01-25-2002, 03:12 PM
This is only the first WWF game for GC guys...

Thanx for the info Break.

Revival
01-25-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by nWoCHRISnWo
This is only the first WWF game for GC guys...I know, I'm talking about all the systems -- there are a ton of wrestling games out there.

BreakABone
01-25-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Shooter
I know, I'm talking about all the systems -- there are a ton of wrestling games out there.
Thinks back to 1999

There were like 3 new wrestling games released then...

One was ported to 3 Systems
one was only for the n64
One was only for PSX

Then you had a port of an old PSX game to n64
And not counting the GBC wrestling gaem....

There have been more games

BreakABone
01-25-2002, 05:42 PM
We go from having no info to all this info.

Information:

The greatest spectacle in sports-entertainment is back! No other event in the history of wrestling has seen more legendary match-ups and classic championship battles that have forever changed the face of wrestling. No other event has revolutionized the world of wrestling with gripping drama and brutal intensity. No other event has epitomized Vince McMahon's vision of sports-entertainment. It can only mean one event: the infamous WrestleMania®, where the baddest men on the planet meet to become the greatest champions of all time. It's where champions are made, Superstar legacies are born and heroes live on.

WWF WrestleMania® X8's original gameplay engine recreates all the action, excitement and tradition WWF fans have come to love. Experience the intensity and exhilaration of professional wrestling as you step onto the mat to fight the most brutal band of brawlers around. Master each Superstar's unique wrestling style and turn the tide of the match through a combination of counters, reversals and bone-shattering finishing moves. Play as top WWF Superstars including newcomers Rob Van Dam, Booker T, DDP and the Hurricane. Compete in six different venues including SmackDown!, Raw and the ultimate extravaganza, WrestleMania®. Finally, relive the rich history surrounding WrestleMania® and compete for championship glory through a host of match types including death-defying TLC matches or legendary Hell in a Cell match-ups.

Features:
Complete roster of top Superstars including newcomers Booker T, Rob Van Dam, DDP and the Hurricane, each personalized with their own unique wrestling style and repertoire of finishing moves.

Original gameplay engine focusing on simulation, reversals and momentum shifts.

Champion Road - Start from the beginning and take your rookie jobber up through the ranks in quest for the Heavyweight Championship Belt.

Up to7 characters on screen at the same time including Superstars, announcers and referees.

Six different arenas (WrestleMania®, Raw, SmackDown!, SummerSlam, Royal Rumble, and a Pay Per View arena)

Multiple match variations including hardcore, tornado tag, triple threat, fatal 4-way and handicap matches

Authentic Superstar entrances with TitanTron video and signature music.

TV-style presentation with dynamic lighting effects, pyrotechnics, camera flashes and multiple camera angles.

Crowd reactions including cheering, booing, chanting and silence vary depending on the action in the match.

http://www.thq.com/assets/ProdScreenshots/38005_s01.jpg
http://www.thq.com/assets/ProdScreenshots/38005_s03.jpg
http://www.thq.com/assets/ProdScreenshots/38005_s04.jpg

Snake
01-25-2002, 05:46 PM
Playstation:

- In Your House
- Warzone
- Attitude
- Smackdown
- Smackdown 2

Nintendo 64:

- Warzone
- Attitude
- Wrestlemania 2000
- No Mercy

Playstation 2:

- Smackdown 3

X-Box:

- Warzone

Gamecube:

- Wrestlemania X8

Plus all of the non-WWF titles.. and don't forget the arcade versions and the earlier versions that I forgot... like on SNES.. oh and the handheld versions :D

So yeah, there are a lot of titles, but who is complaning? ;)

I just really hope they add in NWO!! :(

Angrist
01-26-2002, 04:41 AM
Americans and their wrestling... :rolleyes:

Shadow_Link
01-26-2002, 06:18 AM
Give me Knockout Kings any day of the week :D

Well, this will be good news for my friends though!

Revival
01-26-2002, 10:55 AM
Thank you Snake, that was the list that I was looking for, and I'm sure that there are tons more.

I've never gotten wrestling - I think it's stupid, and boring. It's all just one big publicity show.

fingersman
01-26-2002, 12:17 PM
All right this game sounds great !

Let me show BAB my thanks for posting this information
*rock botttoms BAB*

BAwhahahaha
*Gt goes wild* :D

BreakABone
01-26-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by fingersman
All right this game sounds great !

Let me show BAB my thanks for posting this information
*rock botttoms BAB*

BAwhahahaha
*Gt goes wild* :D
This is the type of gratitude I get for posting the screens for you..I mean it's just not right....

*Walks off crying*
I just wanted to be nice..I just wanted to be NICE!!!!!

*Sees FingersMan Celebrating*

HMM....

*Runs back*

JR from No Where:Stunner..STUNNER...I just had my 5th heart attack but STUNNER....

*Picks up FingersMan*
BaB:This is for the millions
GT:And MILLIONS

*Rock Bottom to FingersMan*

nWoCHRISnWo
01-26-2002, 01:16 PM
Complaining about wrestling games is retarded though. How about basketball games? Want me to make a list of all the basketball games that were on PSX, PS2, GC, and N64? How about RPG's which are more alike to achother than the different wrestling games are, and there were how many on PSX alone?

Revival
01-26-2002, 01:34 PM
I don't play many sports games at all Chris. It's just my opinion that I don't like Wrestling - I have 2 cousins who love it.

I don't play Hockey, Basketball, Football, Soccer, or any sports game - hardly ever.

fingersman
01-26-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by BreakABone

This is the type of gratitude I get for posting the screens for you..I mean it's just not right....

*Walks off crying*
I just wanted to be nice..I just wanted to be NICE!!!!!

*Sees FingersMan Celebrating*

HMM....

*Runs back*

JR from No Where:Stunner..STUNNER...I just had my 5th heart attack but STUNNER....

*Picks up FingersMan*
BaB:This is for the millions
GT:And MILLIONS

*Rock Bottom to FingersMan*

Ahhhhh go suck a lemon!! :D
OOOOOO i can't wait till some sort of online gaming gets implemented on GC.....I'll woop you and post every frame in the forums. :D:p j/k
*rubs hands *
bawhahahahaha

BreakABone
01-26-2002, 04:32 PM
Wowzers..Even more WWF WrestleMania x-8 news

This is from one of my favorite and most informative wrestling game sites.. They were formerly known as wrestlinggames.com and had great coverage of No Mercy

http://www.wwfwrestlinggames.com/gamecube/headline4.shtml

We are currently in Las Vegas at the THQ Editors Day conference we already have a few confirmed match types as of now including, Tables Match, Ladders Match, Tables Ladders and Chairs and over 40 other mode types.
And yes, Hell in a Cell Mode will be in the game. This is 100% certain as of now and it should make it into the final version. We also were able to ask if THQ plans on making the cell full size. We were simply told by the WWF games producer, “Were working on it.”
Also we have information on the champion mode, h that will be called “Champion Road.” Start from the begging and take your rookie jobber through the ranks of the WWF to gain the championship belt.
The create-a-superstar mode will feature verity of settings including, appearance, costume and moves. This is incredible information taking into consideration this will be the first attempt at a WWF game on the GameCube.

So above the already announced TLC and HIAC match.. We can now add Tables and Ladders match..Which were pretty much a given if you have TLC......And if they are smart they would also include a Royal Rumble and King of the Ring.....